Dream 2 nighter out of NY Nov 2009?

Suni99

Was thinking about booking this but I know the Dream isnt completed yet, and im having a hard time deciding, it would be my first CCL cruise, is a 2 nighter worth $800 for a couple,anyone done a triplike this out of NY? seems a bit much,must be bc the ship will be brand spanking new....

I was also looking at this cruise to nowhere, for a quick get-away. The price does seem high now - but it is early. I'm sure it will drop a bit as it gets closer. If you look at the sailing time frame, you leave NY at 5 on a Friday, and get back at 7 a.m. Sunday. Not much time for the price. I'll keep an eye out - if prices get really low, maybe I'll go for it. We will be going on the Dream for New Year's, so I can wait, if need be.

I did the 2 night on the Splendor... booked and OV and got a Lido Deck balcony in the upgrade. It cost me about $700.

I'm booked on the Dream 2 day from NYC in a 7A cove and the price was $838... It's the newest ship in the fleet so you'd expect the prices to be high.

Yeah, it's expensive for two days... $419/day but there's only ONE first sailing from the US for ANY ship!!!

:)

I know it is high but I really want to go.....whaaa, i think i will book and hope the price drops a bit, my pcp said these cruises are popular and sellout quick,being first time going on CCL,i have a question...if a promo comes up that offers obcs will carnival apply it if its not a new booking? how much would a deposit be for a 2 nighter? thanks:)

looking at this due to not having to pay air,but your right its the newest ship so....will look for others late next year and compare pricing also

I know it is high but I really want to go.....whaaa, i think i will book and hope the price drops a bit, my pcp said these cruises are popular and sellout quick,being first time going on CCL,i have a question...if a promo comes up that offers obcs will carnival apply it if its not a new booking? how much would a deposit be for a 2 nighter? thanks:)

looking at this due to not having to pay air,but your right its the newest ship so....will look for others late next year and compare pricing also

The deposit is $50/pp but on the two day cruises it's non-refundable should you need to cancel...

OK. This one caught my eye because we are also sailing in November 2009. For 800 per person you can take a cruise for 8 nights leaving from Fort Lauderdale on Miracle. For an extra 149 you can take the same 8 night cruise with a balcony. 2 nights vs 8 nights is certainly your choice. If value is no object then the question is moot. Then again you did ask for opinions. You are getting mine, sorry. You will have 1, one, uno, and so on full day on the ship for 400 bucks per. Value is in the eye of the beholder. Tough call

If you can afford this kind of money for a 2 day cruise then go for it. Myself I would much rather take a 7-8 cruise for the same price and plus maybe even get a balcony. To pay this kind of money for such a short cruise just to be one of the first to cruise on it just is not worth it to me, plus they may have to iron out some of the wrinkles on a Maiden or even a second sailing. As I say, if this is what you want to do don't let any of us talk you out of it - but I will enjoy it in another year at half the price. Cindy

If you can afford this kind of money for a 2 day cruise then go for it. Myself I would much rather take a 7-8 cruise for the same price and plus maybe even get a balcony. To pay this kind of money for such a short cruise just to be one of the first to cruise on it just is not worth it to me, plus they may have to iron out some of the wrinkles on a Maiden or even a second sailing. As I say, if this is what you want to do don't let any of us talk you out of it - but I will enjoy it in another year at half the price. Cindy

Just the clarify, the ship will be in service about two months before it arrives in NYC for the 2 day cruise.

I agree it is a bit much, but we are sailing in feb 09 on a 7 nighter so my Dh's vacation time will be limited, if we go on a 2 nighter only one vaca day will be used and we can drive to ny, I am in the process of trying to get a group of friends going. November 13th is my brothers birthday, he is a firefighter and they have all cruised b4 so if i can get a bunch of them to go it would be a nice surprise, if not then i may just wait for a last minute deal, if i get lucky great, if not, oh well. would be terrific to cruise the Dream but if they had a different ship in november for a 2 nighter would go with the lower fares.thanks everyone...:)

Host Mach, thanks for the deposit info, i did not know it was not refundable...

Archived