Food for 15 month old

TupeloHoney

We're crusing with our son in March, who will be 15 months then. Right now he is still very much on purees. He doesn't like finger foods or anything with too much texture (I should add he likes Cheerios, bread, toast, crackers, anything dry - just nothing wet for finger foods). Who knows what he will like in 3 months. But i'm beginning to think about this. Any idea of how hard it is going to be to be able to find him purees on the ship? Flavor isn't a problem - just texture. I'd hate to ask them to puree everything for him - seems like a lot of work. But i'm not sure what the alternative is. I'm contemplating bringing a mini blender with me and taking things off the buffet back to our room to puree for him. That seems a a little nuts though. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions. We'll be on NCL, if that makes any difference.

If you let them know in advance, they'll be happy to puree things for your child. I wouldn't want to have to clean a blender in the cabin--the sink isn't very big...ick!

And you're right--in 3 months, he should be starting to try "big kid" foods! Good luck!

We're crusing with our son in March, who will be 15 months then. Right now he is still very much on purees. He doesn't like finger foods or anything with too much texture (I should add he likes Cheerios, bread, toast, crackers, anything dry - just nothing wet for finger foods). Who knows what he will like in 3 months. But i'm beginning to think about this. Any idea of how hard it is going to be to be able to find him purees on the ship? Flavor isn't a problem - just texture. I'd hate to ask them to puree everything for him - seems like a lot of work. But i'm not sure what the alternative is. I'm contemplating bringing a mini blender with me and taking things off the buffet back to our room to puree for him. That seems a a little nuts though. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions. We'll be on NCL, if that makes any difference.

i,m a past master on the kids on cruise thing having taken my boys 4&5 on 4 cruises. If i was you i would contact the cruise line and ask them what they have for your baby on board. when i was on ocean village they had the small tins of baby purees just like the little heinze tins.They also had tins of sma gold baby milk. They also had bottle warmers, buggy, cot etc all of which were provided for free. Royal caribean and PO also had buggies etc. Just give them a call and ask.

We're just back from cruising with our 15 1/2 month old. He isn't a very varied eater either... they were great! I had several people ask if we needed purees, and there was always yogurt and cereal available in the morning. Dinner time was mostly fries and snacks I brought.

Definitely call ahead of time, but they (at least Princess was) are fantastic and eager to please.

Archived