Shops near pier in Barbados?

TwoTrekkers

At the dock in Barbados (Princess Cruise)

is there a collection of shops within walking distance of the pier?

These shots were taken right in the Barbados Cruise terminal building!

Duty_Free_Barbados.jpg

Bridgetown_Cruise_Terminal.jpg

- and there are more..(stalls) outside the building, before you get to the taxis

Barbados isn't cheap but you get what you pay for. I purchased t-shirts 5 years ago that I still wear (after many many washings). You won't find any vendors stalls (unless you go to the fruit and vegetable market). I enjoyed the people. The drivers will honk their horns a lot but it's a friendly greeting. The locals go about their business, but if you ask questions, they will happily answer them.

Barbados isn't cheap but you get what you pay for. ===> Sometimes..

The drivers will honk their horns a lot but it's a friendly greeting.

No it isn't cheap here (everything's imported!)

Yes, there's a whole 'unspoken' horn language here..

everything from greetings.. thru thank-you's

to outright mad/angry:mad: (the looong ones):)

but mostly it's just greetings -and thanks for being let out into an unending stream of traffic!

Most Europeans are quite amazed by it, since horn usage in Euroland is all but forbidden:eek:

No it isn't cheap here (everything's imported!)

Yes, there's a whole 'unspoken' horn language here..

everything from greetings.. thru thank-you's

to outright mad/angry:mad: (the looong ones):)

but mostly it's just greetings -and thanks for being let out into an unending stream of traffic!

Most Europeans are quite amazed by it, since horn usage in Euroland is all but forbidden:eek:

We had a coversation last Feb . Everything you said about your island rang true.. My dad is buried in St. Peters church yard.. So I'm Half Bajan:)..I'm coming down again on the Mariner of the seas arriving 10 Jan for a 8 hour stay.. Questions for you if I might..

1. Where can I get some flying fish and cou-cou without going to the ends of the earth?..Brown Sugar is closed on Saturday afternoon..2. I'm recommending to my cruisemate they take a cab from the port to see the island.. What do you think?..Thanks in advance...Rick

For some nice shopping....walk out of the port and follow the water about 3 blocks. ON the left is Pelican ????...can't remember the name. There are ceramic pieces, sauces, etc. all made on the island. Prices were very reasonable.

For some nice shopping....walk out of the port and follow the water about 3 blocks. ON the left is Pelican ????...can't remember the name. There are ceramic pieces, sauces, etc. all made on the island. Prices were very reasonable.

Is this a resturant with the flying fish on the menu?? Thanks:D

Archived