cold in the dining room esp at night

tiggerlily

Ship's dining rooms are almost always cold, particularly the first sitting at dinner. When it is time for the 2nd sitting it has usually warmed up from the heat from food and bodies at the 1st. I wish I had a $ for every time I have seen a DH get up and go back to the cabin to get DW a shawl or other wrap. I have never understood why they don't seem to learn from experience and bring it with them in the first place:)

Ship's dining rooms are almost always cold, particularly the first sitting at dinner. When it is time for the 2nd sitting it has usually warmed up from the heat from food and bodies at the 1st. I wish I had a $ for every time I have seen a DH get up and go back to the cabin to get DW a shawl or other wrap. I have never understood why they don't seem to learn from experience and bring it with them in the first place:)

Wish my DH would go and get me something from the stateroom - it is not that he wouldn't but he would return with nothing as he can't find anything (even if it is in front of his eyes) and would not know what a shawl or wrap was,;) let alone a pashmina!!!!!!!!!:p

We were on the Serenade in November, first seating. And the dining room was never cold. I brought a black shawl and also had a jacket for my formal and ended up never putting either on. I was surprised as I was warned that it would be cold. Theatre was not cold either, in fact some nights it was really warm in there.

I am usually cold in the dining room and really cold in the theater. But then, suddenly I'm hot and throwing the jacket off for about 3 minutes, and then I'm cold again :-). (Some of you know how that is...)

Just take something with sleeves...just in case. And have a great time!

Wish my DH would go and get me something from the stateroom - it is not that he wouldn't but he would return with nothing as he can't find anything (even if it is in front of his eyes) and would not know what a shawl or wrap was,;) let alone a pashmina!!!!!!!!!:p

WHAT ARE YOU DOING CRUISING WITH MY HUSBAND??!!!

Actually, the dining rooms (both RCCL and NCL) seem a little warmer lately. People have commented on it. Not just the dining rooms but other public rooms. Someone said it had to do with cutting down the cost of A/C. Who knows? I know that I haven't needed a wrap on the last two cruises.

Archived