Lost & Found Comes Through

Av8tor

Talk about great customer service...

We were on the Sapphire back in September and when we got home we couldn't find my wife's ipod, perscription glasses, swimmimg mask with waterproof mp3 player and various power cords. We had mistakenly left them (OK I forgot to pack them :() in the nightstand drawer.

I filled out the on-line missing item form on the Princess web site and also fax'd a copy to their lost and found department. They explained that all "found" items from a cruise are removed from the ship and sent to a central company location. When an inquiry is received, they search the central location trying to find the items.

I had almost lost all hope of ever seeing the items again, when lo and behold, I received an e-mail from them last week saying they thought they had the items. I got back in touch with the lost and found department and after providing a credit card number for shipping costs, ALL the items arrived today via DHL :D.

It only took about 2-1/2 months, but at least we got everything back!! Now I won't have to replace it all before our cruise next month on the Ruby!! :p

I know I tipped our cabin steward a bit extra over the auto-tip amount, but in hind sight, maybe I should have given him more. ;)

I can only imagine how much crap gets left onboard each boat after a cruise, but I'm certainly glad they have a system in place to try to reunite items with passengers that realize they've left something personal or valuable behind.

Anyone else have any such stories?

Happy Sailings,

Paul & Jackie

Fantastic. Great news; so glad your things were returned. On one of my cruises, I was at sailaway and left my camera on a table. When I went to retrieve it it was gone. So we headed down to Pursers Desk to Lost and found and they said to wait 24 hours to see if someone had returned it. Well we went back after 24 hours and described the camera and there it was. There are still some kind souls in this world.

Marilyn

That is great news. My 23 year old daughter left her favorite bear on a NCL ship in 1990. She still thinks they are going to find it! She searches for him on ebay. We had contacted the main office to retrieve the thing at the time. The could not find Theo. It scarred her for life. Good thing she still has his brother boo-boo. He is still on her bed in her new house..lol:rolleyes:

Sure wish they would have found my husband's glasses on the Coral last April. We know exactly where we left them. In fact, we realized it right after we left the ship. He went back to security and they searched for about 1/2 hour and they did not find them. We had to leave because our bus to take us back to Sarasota area was leaving. We filled out form and emailed them with never any response. I emailed again and they said they never found them. I imagine someone picked them up because they were new frames and expensive ones. Oh well, it was a great cruise otherwise. Next time I will keep track of husband's glasses or make him wear them around his neck!!!

Imagine all the stuff in the Central Lost and found. I unintentionally left a few items on board after a couple cruises; Lint brush, ball cap, etc. Nothing worth trying to claim....wonder how big there storage area is as I am sure plenty of passengers have done the same thing? :D

I'm glad to hear that they found everything. That's great news! It took Princess only six weeks to find my brother-in-law's bag (a bright yellow LL Bean duffle with his last name printed in 3" letters on it), which Princess failed to unload onto the dock when we disembarked last summer. About 20 of us were disembarking at 4AM and they had separated the luggage for our group into a special bin that they unloaded while we stood on the dock waiting so we know they didn't unload it and still had it on the ship since they hadn't even opened the outside loading door until we got there.

As for burning someone's possessions while they are still a registered passenger is incomprehensible. I'm not sue-happy but that's one I'd definitely do and I'd make sure that whoever gave the order to do so was fired on the spot.

While this wasn't on Princess, when I began to unpack for my cruise last March, I found (what I assumed to belong to the previous passenger in that cabin) a cell phone. I finished unpacking and took the cell phone to the purser's desk.

Whether they tried to contact the previous pax I have no way of knowing. At least the person at the desk said they would do just that.

I'm anal enough that when I've finished packing the night before leaving the ship, I go back through all the drawers, and shelves through out the cabin to make sure I hadn't missed something. Then the last morning after packing away the things I'd need that morning, alarm clock, toothbrush etc. I go back through the cabin one last time, just to make sure I had everything.

Archived