Where is your Royal Caribbean Cruise Director? - Through March 2009

LauraS

Does anyone know why Drew Devine left the Mariner?

I'm not sure there is a specific reason. A lot of cruise directors move from ship to ship. When I talked with Drew last June he told me he really didn't even want to do the whole repositioning cruise. Although, he told me that he made up most of the compasses and had them done in mid June for Mariner's repo cruise. Talk about planning ahead of time, lol.

I got an email from Kirk Detweiler saying he is heading back to the Radiance on April 18. He's been to Alaska many times on the Radiance, and is a very involved, entertaining CD. Wish I could go again!:)

Great! I have sailed with Kirk before and really enjoyed him. Thanks for the info!

I have been on two RCCL cruises and I thought both CD's were excellent. First was on the then new Mariner in 2003 with

Ken Rush who I thought was incredibly 'smooth' and professional...he reminded me of a network news anchor, yet he displayed a hidden sense of humor when he "revealed" during "the Quest".

Next was in 2005 on the Radiance with Gordon Whatman. What a great sense of humor he had. I believe he also appeared on a Travel Channel documentary.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ken Rush as first CD of the Oasis. I think he is favored by RCCL for new class maiden voyages due to his professionalism.

Is Simeon Baker the piano player from the Mariner? Heavy set, and bald? He made our trip last time. We had 12 people 23-29 and 12 people 45+. Everyone thought he was great. If it is the same guy I think it is awesome he got the huge promotion! Hopefully he sticks with his piano at night though his disney and elton john impersonation were hilarious (and right on)....

Jen - I think you may be referring to Mike Swajkowski who was the CD on AOS in 2007 :rolleyes:

We really liked Mike Szwajkowski when we sailed Adventure. In fact I think he is one of the best C.D.s that we have encountered. He did a very good job without coming across as being stuck on himself or "over the top".

I see he will be leaving and we will have Casey Pelter when we sail this year. I have not heard this name before. I hope he (she?) can come close to being as good as Mike. With your :rolleyes: I can't figure out if you liked Mike or not?:confused:

We really liked Mike Szwajkowski when we sailed Adventure. In fact I think he is one of the best C.D.s that we have encountered. He did a very good job without coming across as being stuck on himself or "over the top".

I see he will be leaving and we will have Casey Pelter when we sail this year. I have not heard this name before. I hope he (she?) can come close to being as good as Mike. With your :rolleyes: I can't figure out if you liked Mike or not?:confused:

I liked Mike Szwajkowski. He was one of the most visible CD's, very funny and was very generous with his time.

Mike Hunnerup was good, but not outstanding. Very visible around the ship, but not terribly energetic for the most part.

What has been confusing is that Robyn thinks I'm talking about Mike S. when I did talk about Mike H. Both have been on the Adventure, but at different times. Mike Hunnerup's time on the Adventure was short-lived, while Mike S. has become a steady on that ship.

Jen

You're might be considered somewhat of a snob.:cool:

Probably....... just Carnival enthusiasts seem to expect different things on cruises than most of the people we have met on RCCL. Guess I just am very loYal to RCCL! More class I guess!:rolleyes::p;)

Probably....... just Carnival enthusiasts seem to expect different things on cruises than most of the people we have met on RCCL. Guess I just am very loYal to RCCL! More class I guess!:rolleyes::p;)

Like I said, -------

At least you're honest.

I see he will be leaving and we will have Casey Pelter when we sail this year. I have not heard this name before. I hope he (she?) can come close to being as good as Mike.

I liked Casey, he came from Sovereign of the Seas. He's from Vancouver, Canada, loves hockey and golf, and is a down to earth nice guy. I've never seen Mike so I can't compare.

I liked Mike Szwajkowski. He was one of the most visible CD's, very funny and was very generous with his time.

Mike Hunnerup was good, but not outstanding. Very visible around the ship, but not terribly energetic for the most part.

What has been confusing is that Robyn thinks I'm talking about Mike S. when I did talk about Mike H. Both have been on the Adventure, but at different times. Mike Hunnerup's time on the Adventure was short-lived, while Mike S. has become a steady on that ship.

Jen

I think Hunnerup was the CD on Serenade when we sailed her. I will have to check on that. I know that I have the Compasses around somewhere from that cruise. If I am remembering the name correctly I know that I was neither annoyed by him nor very impressed with him.

Casey Pelter is a great guy. A fun director and perfect for those short cruises. He'll keep everyone busy! I've sailed with him at least 6 times on the Sovereign.

This is good to here. I am not so concerned with being kept busy as I can take care of that very well on my own. I just hope his annoyance factor is low!

Archived