Barcelona to Toulouse

After our 05/28/2009 cruise in Barcelona, we plan to tour Toulouse for 3 days before returning back to Barcelona. Is there a fast/direct coach or train ride between these two cities? Thanks for your insight to this in advance.

Your best bet is to look at www.raileurope.com . I've just done a quick check and it looks like you will have to change at Narbonne in France, total journey time each way is about 5 1/2 hrs. You may also get some useful info from http://www.seat61.com/index.html

Simon

Raileurope is really not the best site for this. they do not list all (or nearly) all the connections. Many of the European national rail sites list trains for many difference countries. Probably the easiest to use is the German rail site, http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en although it will not give you pricing for non-German travel. Also note that the full schedules are not online (here or anywhere) more than 3 or so months in advance (so put in a date for next month -- schedules change more by day of the week than by season for long distance trains).

Note that you will need to change trains at the border. the Spanish rail is wide gauge; the French is standard.

There are not a lot of choices and the times are might not work for you if you are trying to leave the same day as the ship docks.

Take a look at http://www.brusselsairlines.com. I think they are still offering direct service. Note that the luggage allowance is QUITE restrictive, so you want to pack light and store the excess luggage at the Barcelona airport.

Air France offers service, but int will be more expensive and require a transfer.

With 3 lugguge after the 12-days cruise, we think the ground transportation will serve us better.

From our 2008 Europe Rail brochure, I see a shorter conventional rail line between Barcelona and Touloise via Foix, France. Yet no online rail site showing this train route at all. We don't mind riding the coach, if any, either.

With 3 lugguge after the 12-days cruise, we think the ground transportation will serve us better.

From our 2008 Europe Rail brochure, I see a shorter conventional rail line between Barcelona and Touloise via Foix, France. Yet no online rail site showing this train route at all. We don't mind riding the coach, if any, either.

The trip from Foix to Touloise would be by bus and I have no idea how one gets to Foix from Barcelona.

Archived