Royal Caribbean Expands Oasis of the Seas Inaugural Season

alphakitty

Hi Dan :) I thought this might generate some interest. (Understatement of the year.) ;) I believe most knew this was a possibility when booking an inaugural cruise. It has happened before.

I'm sure some will be pleased as they can now do the 4 day inaugural and some will be unhappy because they will miss in the inaugural. Unfortunately, as we all know, you can't please all the people all the time.

I am sad RCCL picked now to announce the new dates. Although it is better now than later when flight bookings open 330 days out. But they have known about this for quite some time and could have picked a better time of the year to announce this.

I am now booked on the 1st Dec & 5th Dec Inaugural :D

Hi alphakitty,

We just did a little write-up of the announcement: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2981

Interesting to see the feedback from those booked on the original "inaugural" who can't manage to change their travel plans to sail on December 5.

Dan

I was really mad this morning when i heard they changed the dates! I was afraid my parents wouldn't let me miss that much school to do a B2B! But after talking with them they said as long as my grades stay good they dont have a problem letting me go sailing on some history! :D Heck ive been following this ship since February 6, 2006! :rolleyes:

Wow, the New first sailing is a 4 Nighter calling at Labadee!!! :eek: :eek: [Gasp]

1- Four nights is Waaaay too short for a ship so HUGE!

2- Labadee? I've got a question. Is the DOCK going to be ready on time? :confused: Previously, they were not planning for Oasis to visit the Western Caribbean so soon!

P.S: Cruiserccl, You've made a mistake on your signature. one of your tickers says you're sailing on December 1st , but the other ticker says you're sailing on the 2nd!

This happened on the Celebrity Soltice, came out early and they sailed at highly reduced fares from those later on that were already booked and past final payment.

At least these folks have ample time to move their date and price protection, for those I know anyway. Im willing to bet others can also move their dates, though its hard to know which is really the ignaural, the 4 day or the 7 day following?? I guess the 4 day folks will get first chance at the ship so its that one.

Im booked later on so this doesnt affect me, but I bet some tongues are wagging.

Wow, the New first sailing is a 4 Nighter calling at Labadee!!! :eek: :eek: [Gasp]

1- Four nights is Waaaay too short for a ship so HUGE!

2- Labadee? I've got a question. Is the DOCK going to be ready on time? :confused: Previously, they were not planning for Oasis to visit the Western Caribbean so soon!

P.S: Cruiserccl, You've made a mistake on your signature. one of your tickers says you're sailing on December 1st , but the other ticker says you're sailing on the 2nd!

lol thanks im sailing on the second of January!

I am sad RCCL picked now to announce the new dates. Although it is better now than later when flight bookings open 330 days out. But they have known about this for quite some time and could have picked a better time of the year to announce this.

The website doesn't show the Dec 1st sailing yet. Did you call and make reservations! Are they open to C&A and/or the public?

It was inevitable from the start that they would bring it forward if building went to schedule.

This happened with Solstice, but they put 3 extra sailings in, and a travel agent 2 night "revenue" charter before the inaugral 23 Nov sailing.

And like Solstice she will now not be calling in at Southampton as originally planned.:(

I am also going to swap to 1st and 5th Dec now..........:cool:

I hope all critters can swap if they want to and dont get upset or mad as i said on posts in the summer its the norm now and its got to be expected. Alot of cruises went crazy when they altered the Solsitce sailings.....:mad:

RICH

We cancelled our 12/12 Deck 10 Central Park View today. This would have been our first inaugural and we were excited about that and okay with the price we were paying because of that. But we just could not see adding $2,200 to the experience for the 4 day to "just about nowhere" (or least a place we've been to many, many times just to ensure we were on the "real" inaugural (no matter what names they give any of the sailings). Will just wait a year or so and cruise at reasonable.

Now have $4,000 to spend on a 2009 vacation(s). Any TA's out there with specials to offer or amazing ideas?

We cancelled our 12/12 Deck 10 Central Park View today. This would have been our first inaugural and we were excited about that and okay with the price we were paying because of that. But we just could not see adding $2,200 to the experience for the 4 day to "just about nowhere" (or least a place we've been to many, many times just to ensure we were on the "real" inaugural (no matter what names they give any of the sailings). Will just wait a year or so and cruise at reasonable.

Now have $4,000 to spend on a 2009 vacation(s). Any TA's out there with specials to offer or amazing ideas?

Awww what a shame, I have switched my 12/12 to the01-05/12 now with my TA through RCCL. I am pleased as this means I will be able to cruise B2B longer on Oasis now as I cant be away over Xmas.

The same thing happened on Solstice for me also AND I got a big price drop as we got nearer to sail date. RCL has to fill another 2 cruises now, thats a lot of cabins to sell in low Dec. :cool:

At the moment the 1st and the 5th sailings are only open to the original 12/12 passengers to switch,then on the 12 Jan its open to all.

Iam defy not a TA and had no trouble to change plus keep my original booked cabin. Because you are encouraged to do the 11 nighter "b2b" I also got a $200 OBC :cool:, wether this will still apppy post 12 Jan dont know.

I just called Royal to ask about the Dec 1st preview cruise and the agent said it was for travel agents only. I guess I will check on Jan 12th. We are still booked for March 6, 2010, though!

Unfortunately many of the RCI customer service reps were not updated properly on the changes. I had on CSR tell me the same thing. Amazing.

The 5th Dec sailing is the same price I paid for the original 12th Dec, the new 4 night "Labadee Celebration" sailing on 1st Dec is based on an average daily rate per cabin catagory originally booked on 12th.

I booked in the Diamond window booking period and the fare is much more expensive now. However I feel there will be a price drop to fill the new sailings when bookings have "settled down"...;)

My wife and I rescheduled to the December 5th sailing. Our TA called RCCL while we were there and they confirmed that the Dec. 5th would be considered the inaugural sailing. The 4 day will be a 'shakedown" for the ship and the crew. We could not see spending $1900 for 4 days. We had ist choice at our original room.

My wife and I rescheduled to the December 5th sailing. Our TA called RCCL while we were there and they confirmed that the Dec. 5th would be considered the inaugural sailing. The 4 day will be a 'shakedown" for the ship and the crew. We could not see spending $1900 for 4 days. We had ist choice at our original room.

Hi Robert :D

We have a great roll call for the 5th Dec sailing if you would like to join in the fun please follow this link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891079

Archived