NCL Run arounds with promocodes and OBC's

Suni99

Ya know after all my readings and findings im learning NCL really gives most the run around with the promos. If you do not ask about certain promos they dont tell you either. This visa promo has been going on since the first of september, it didnt just start... I asked them when I first booked what promos were going on, they never mentioned the visa,but i did ask if i booked with a certain crecit card would i benefit...answer....NO, so that was bs. So when i called the other day they said i didnt qualify bc i was in finalpayment stage...i was like what? are you not understanding...so i emailed my PCC about it and today the answer is that that promo couldnt be combined with the promo i got which was 1/2 deposit 100$ obc....again...bs,another excuse.. there was nothing that stated it couldnt be combined. So its frustrating bc i feel its not being honest with us customers, just a big game...

Make sure when you book you ask about ALL promo's

Just booked our S. America cruise and got all the OBC's $500.00 for a suite and $200.00 for using visa, plus CAS discount and using my compass reward cert. Some days just go better than others, but I always know what's going on from reading and researching everything here on CC and watching the NCL web site. Keep trying with your PCC to get all the benefits!!! Good Luck:)

Ya know after all my readings and findings im learning NCL really gives most the run around with the promos. If you do not ask about certain promos they dont tell you either. This visa promo has been going on since the first of september, it didnt just start... I asked them when I first booked what promos were going on, they never mentioned the visa,but i did ask if i booked with a certain crecit card would i benefit...answer....NO, so that was bs. So when i called the other day they said i didnt qualify bc i was in finalpayment stage...i was like what? are you not understanding...so i emailed my PCC about it and today the answer is that that promo couldnt be combined with the promo i got which was 1/2 deposit 100$ obc....again...bs,another excuse.. there was nothing that stated it couldnt be combined. So its frustrating bc i feel its not being honest with us customers, just a big game...

Make sure when you book you ask about ALL promo's

Hi Suni, If you read my post back in the roll call thread about losing my OBC, the agent asked me if I used Visa to book it. I thought that was an odd question but she said she would give me a 100.00 OBC on my Visa card. Never heard of that one before but I'll take it. Now things are coming together. This is the first I'm hearing about any Visa promo. But get this, I called back the next day because the email she sent me didn't show the OBC, and the new agent said that's because she never did it!

What?!! Who are we dealing with here?, idiots or is this just the usual scam. So the new agent said to hold while she checks with her supervisor to see if this is possible. Oh boy, you bet this is possible! So instead of giving me a visa credit she put it on my OB account. Why can't they just do the right thing from the beginning instead of wasting their time and most of all their customer's time. I tell you, I've cruised over 30 times and this whole thing has been the worst experience so far. Don't they realize that they are only going to lose customers with this kind of incompetence? But I think that NCL doesn't really care after they've got your money. After that you're on your own.

I think I'll go back to using my TA and stick with Celebrity and RCCL for the most part from now on.

I thought the double talk from the people who answer the phone was just for me. Glad to see I have company.:)

It seems that what they offer with one hand (obc) they take away with the other (price increase), some sale.

I too asked if there were ANY promos I might quailify for and was told "no" asked again using the words "credit card" and was told about the visa offer. They must not think that when I asked about ANY promos I meant ANY promos.:confused:

I guess I had a different experience. I was paid in full for our cruise in March. I just happened to Email my PCC and ask if she could update my account. My PCC emailed me to inform me that she was updating my account in line with the Promo. $100 OBC for booking with Visa. $150 OBC for the Balcony. $250 total.Took about 10-15 minutes. Didn't have any price increases or anything. I was pleasantly surprised...maybe even shocked. I'm not going to complain though. $250 is $250.:D

I don't waste time on 'sales' with NCL. A reduced deposit booking months ahead and no discount on the final price doesn't represent a good deal to me. Look at the sailings soon after final deposit are due for the early bookers. You might find a $199 7 night cruise as I have seen recently and 3 and 4 nighters for $99. Booking late right now as the lines are struggling to fill ships even during peak season will land you the best deal during these tough economic times. Wait it out and book at rates that are not advertised as a 'sale'. OBC to use on overpriced shipboard purchases is not a good deal either. Go with the lowest price just to be able to board and having a plan to spend a set budget amount onboard will give you the best savings.

Companies of ALL kinds run promotional offers in attempts to get people to book. They do not run promotional offers just so they can sell a product for less money. They do it as a PROMO to get more business.

At any given time there are all kinds of promos going on. So, you will not know about all of them, or be offered them most of the time.

It is business. Plain and simple.

I booked my March cruise several months ago before the Visa promo. Last month I paid off my cruise balance to earn NCL reward points on my NCL mastercard so I could get my last $500 voucher before the program ends at the end of December.

This week my TA was able to get me the OBC promo for my March cruise--even though I had already paid in full a month ago. Glad this happened before final payment.

I have no complaints.

Archived