Beginning 1/1/09, Shareholder OBC will be combinable with............

I can remember when Princess stopped giving people unlimited free internet onboard as a perk, and you only got a $100 package worth now. People were just as upset. Makes me wonder if it hurt their bottom line, or people just forgot or got over it?

That being said, Id like my platinum balcony discount back, what does that have to do with owning stock I don't know??!!

I am with you I want my diamond balcony discount back & I also feel that has nothing to do with owning stock in their company.

When we were deciding between RCI and Princess for our Baltics cruise last year, we ended up on the Jewel of the Seas because, in spite of the initial higher price, after all the discounts and OBC were factored in, the cruise was the same price per diem (12 nights instead of 10). That was true for our Caribbean cruises as well.

So RCI got our business because we like the product just a teensy bit better. But we don't like it $450 better, which is what we give up on a longer itinerary if we can't combine onboard booking/shareholder/balcony benefits, so Princess (and other lines). So, hello, Princess (and other lines), let's have a look at you!

Hey you, traitor! :D

Before you abandon ship book the Mariner on April 18, 2010.

;)

Dirtgirl is on it, so are we....

:)

Say hi to Don and your critters (I reckon they were OK while you were gone).

I've started harassing her too.;) hehehehehehe After all, if she doesn't come, it will be my first girl's cruise in 4 years that she hasn't been on!:eek:

I am very disappointed . I have stock worth a fourth of what I paid for it and 2 Next Cruises that are worthless. The benefits of cruising ONLY with RCI are gone. I will look at other lines in the future.

As for now, our family is going to try some land based vacations this year.

I'll cruise again in the future but will have no incentive to book 2 years in advance. I'll be a last minute girl from now on. I also don't have that extra desire to have a balcony since I won't get that discount. If I understand correctly, I'll get the Stockholders credit and that's it.

E-Beth

While I am disappointed at no longer being able to combine benefits (who isn't at having to spend more money?), I'll be sticking with RC for the most part, because it fits my lifestyle. I am an action/activity freak, who barely graces a deck chair for one or two hours the whole week. I'm out climbing rock walls, skating, doing active excursions, going to the gym, and then dancing the night away. I don't care a jot about food - I'm not picky, so food would never make me switch cruiselines.

RC is really the perfect fit for me. Not to say I would never cruise other lines - because I have. I kept coming back to Royal, though. And I'll only cruise Royal with my kids. They won't join the kid's clubs, so they need to be entertained in other ways. So, we all climb the rock wall, etc, together.

Boy now I sound like a cheerleader, don't I?:o I have to say, though, if RC became like HAL, I would switch in a heartbeat, but only because it didn't match my lifestyle anymore.

I am very disappointed . I have stock worth a fourth of what I paid for it and 2 Next Cruises that are worthless. The benefits of cruising ONLY with RCI are gone. I will look at other lines in the future.

As for now, our family is going to try some land based vacations this year.

I'll cruise again in the future but will have no incentive to book 2 years in advance. I'll be a last minute girl from now on. I also don't have that extra desire to have a balcony since I won't get that discount. If I understand correctly, I'll get the Stockholders credit and that's it.

E-Beth

You get to choose........if you take the balcony discount you can't have the shareholders benefit or any other RCCL benefit or offer. If you book an inside then you can use the shareholder benefit and still no other RCCL benefit or offer. It's crazy. They are not ginving us anything extra - we get the same choice as a new cruiser -basically just ONE choice of ONE benefit or offer. It's not right what they're doing and they're going to find out that it's going to bite them in the A$$. Being Diamond doesn't mean a thing anymore......we get the balcony discount, but we lose our shareholder benefit and NC OBC. I'd be happy with the balcony discount and the choice of the shareholder or NC OBC. The shareholder benefit has nothing to do with the balcony discount.

I look at it this way........

1. If I was a new cruiser the only benefit I could use would be a NC OBC or shareholder OBC.

2. Now that we're diamond and get a nice balcony discount, they took away the normal benefit that everyone else gets.

3. I think that once you move up the ladder of C&A, you should get an additional benefit (balcony discount) as an extra benefit, not a benefit in place of another benefit.

C'mon RCCL, give it some thought, will ya??

Patty

You get to choose........if you take the balcony discount you can't have the shareholders benefit or any other RCCL benefit or offer. If you book an inside then you can use the shareholder benefit and still no other RCCL benefit or offer. It's crazy. They are not ginving us anything extra - we get the same choice as a new cruiser -basically just ONE choice of ONE benefit or offer. It's not right what they're doing and they're going to find out that it's going to bite them in the A$$. Being Diamond doesn't mean a thing anymore......we get the balcony discount, but we lose our shareholder benefit and NC OBC. I'd be happy with the balcony discount and the choice of the shareholder or NC OBC. The shareholder benefit has nothing to do with the balcony discount.

I look at it this way........

1. If I was a new cruiser the only benefit I could use would be a NC OBC or shareholder OBC.

2. Now that we're diamond and get a nice balcony discount, they took away the normal benefit that everyone else gets.

3. I think that once you move up the ladder of C&A, you should get an additional benefit (balcony discount) as an extra benefit, not a benefit in place of another benefit.

C'mon RCCL, give it some thought, will ya??

Patty

Right on Patty you said it all for a lot of us. Wake up RCCL with us Loyalist we helped paved the way for these larger then life vessels!

Hey you, traitor! :D

Before you abandon ship book the Mariner on April 18, 2010.

;)

Dirtgirl is on it, so are we....

Say hi to Don and your critters (I reckon they were OK while you were gone).

The critters were ok, although the younger dog was shedding from stress (she never sheds). She's almost over it now.

We're going on Jewel in March, so I don't know about Mariner in April. I keep hoping that, right around that time, somebody will come to do the 3/4 night itineraries again. I don't see any rush to book, in any event.:mad:

The critters were ok, although the younger dog was shedding from stress (she never sheds). She's almost over it now.

We're going on Jewel in March, so I don't know about Mariner in April. I keep hoping that, right around that time, somebody will come to do the 3/4 night itineraries again. I don't see any rush to book, in any event.:mad:

The repo right?

I have been wondering....since I believe Royal Caribbean has cut it's stock dividend.......if the board of directors might vote to eliminate/not renew the shareholder's benefit at their meeting in May?

I don't have any inside information..but at this point it wouldn't really surprise me if they suspended it for a while. Maybe the non-combinability was their way of preparing people?? As I said, just pondering. :D:D

I have been wondering....since I believe Royal Caribbean has cut it's stock dividend.......if the board of directors might vote to eliminate/not renew the shareholder's benefit at their meeting in May?

I don't have any inside information..but at this point it wouldn't really surprise me if they suspended it for a while. Maybe the non-combinability was their way of preparing people?? As I said, just pondering. :D:D

It could very well happen. May 1 is the usual renewal date...............so be prepared for anything.

Don't worry. CC can't handle real info nor is real info desired. From now on, pondering and rumoring is priority.

I am pondering with you and say "I agree with your post".

I have no doubt stockholder's bennie is about to go bye bye. Kills two birds with one stone--less OBC to give away and stockholders will stop complaining to them about not being able to use that benefit and another OBC offer.

My only question is I have a cruise booked leaving November 29 (Trans-Atlantic) and wondering if they will still let me have it since I booked it before January 1, 2009. Probably not.

Tucker in Texas

I have no doubt stockholder's bennie is about to go bye bye. Kills two birds with one stone--less OBC to give away and stockholders will stop complaining to them about not being able to use that benefit and another OBC offer.

My only question is I have a cruise booked leaving November 29 (Trans-Atlantic) and wondering if they will still let me have it since I booked it before January 1, 2009. Probably not.

Tucker in Texas

I think you have a better chance talking to the POPE....LIVE!:D

Tucker in Texas

I think you have a better chance talking to the POPE....LIVE!:D

I would think that Tucker would be OK. They did say that all cruises book on or before December 31 would get all the combinable benefits.

You don't think they would go and change their minds again do you??:p

I would think that Tucker would be OK. They did say that all cruises book on or before December 31 would get all the combinable benefits.

You don't think they would go and change their minds again do you??:p

For her sake I hope she gets it!:p

The big question is: Did you have to book your cruise before 12/31/09 and request the combinable benefits prior to 12/31/09?

Right on Patty you said it all for a lot of us. Wake up RCCL with us Loyalist we helped paved the way for these larger then life vessels!

Or maybe we D/D+ are those they want to be rid off. Balcony discounts, Diamond Lounge where people plunk themselves down from 5-8:30 and then sneak glasses of wine out for dinner when they leave at 8:30. My guess is they'll make more money selling our spots to someone new.

Before someone comes around thinking they have until 12/31/09, that was a typo ..it was 12/31/08.

LOL!:)

you are a trouble maker;) I didn't even notice. but you know how rumors go on these boards, somebody would be posting soon that they had read on here that now it was extended until Dec 31, 09!!!:eek::D

For her sake I hope she gets it!:p

The big question is: Did you have to book your cruise before 12/31/09 and request the combinable benefits prior to 12/31/09?

We booked a b2b for April of 2010 on Serenade and we booked in early December. I requested my Shareholder OBC and received confirmation for both booking numbers. I used 2 NC bookings and got the OBC from them plus my Diamond Plus balcony discount. It's on my invoice.

Let them try to take that away from us!

Note: I know that shirl meant 12/31/08.:D She made a typo which is so unlike her.

Tucker in Texas

They should since you booked it before the deadline. You should call or fax the stock info ASAP. We have several cruises booked that way with all the OBC and discounts on emailed invoices. :)

I can't wait till you post this response this ought to be a good one.

I'm sorry to dissappoint you but the e-mail from Investor Relations just confirmed that I would get the OBC benefit on my upcoming cruises. It did not tell me what the certain circumstances are.

At least I know that I will be getting the OBCs for the cruises I booked prior to Jan 1, 2009.

andrew

I'm sorry to dissappoint you but the e-mail from Investor Relations just confirmed that I would get the OBC benefit on my upcoming cruises. It did not tell me what the certain circumstances are.

At least I know that I will be getting the OBCs for the cruises I booked prior to Jan 1, 2009.

andrew

That's great! I'm pleased for you. :)

Or maybe we D/D+ are those they want to be rid off. Balcony discounts, Diamond Lounge where people plunk themselves down from 5-8:30 and then sneak glasses of wine out for dinner when they leave at 8:30. My guess is they'll make more money selling our spots to someone new.

I sometimes think that RCI would like us to move to Celebrity. With some notable exceptions (cruiserccl being the most obvious one), I imagine that most D/D+ pax are, shall we say, SEASONED individuals, not necessarily the target market for RCI as they build playground ships (unless they're taking the grandkids). So by a combination of not offering a genteel (? somebody could come up with a better word that doesn't make us sound like fun-less geezers) cruising experience and then cutting back on the perks, they drive us out and (they hope) up the food chain.

Of course, Celebrity doesn't offer bupkus to Elite passengers. They have never had a balcony discount to combine with ___ and their OBC is based on the price of the cruise, not the number of days, so you have to be booking a full suite in most instances that I've seen to get more than $50. So if they continue the shareholder OBC, that will almost always be the way to go. But they offer a superior product, right?:rolleyes::confused::confused: (I've never sailed on them).

I sometimes think that RCI would like us to move to Celebrity. With some notable exceptions (cruiserccl being the most obvious one), I imagine that most D/D+ pax are, shall we say, SEASONED individuals, not necessarily the target market for RCI as they build playground ships (unless they're taking the grandkids). So by a combination of not offering a genteel (? somebody could come up with a better word that doesn't make us sound like fun-less geezers) cruising experience and then cutting back on the perks, they drive us out and (they hope) up the food chain.

Of course, Celebrity doesn't offer bupkus to Elite passengers. They have never had a balcony discount to combine with ___ and their OBC is based on the price of the cruise, not the number of days, so you have to be booking a full suite in most instances that I've seen to get more than $50. So if they continue the shareholder OBC, that will almost always be the way to go. But they offer a superior product, right?:rolleyes::confused::confused: (I've never sailed on them).

Jean, Rob and I have sailed on Celebrity twice and found it to be a good enviroment, their speciality restaurant in one word is awesome, food in the dining room is good. Ships is nicely layed out, I know how much you like the Radiance class I would put X in that class minus all the glass. It is a great smaller cruise ship experience which I do know you enjoy. We would do another X again.

Archived