Just back: transatlantic on voyager of the seas

stacon

We noticed in January that Voyager had a few areas that could use some spiffing up.....but nothing that we were put off by. The miniature golf was in pretty bad need of repair......we played anyway and still had fun. The fact that it was in bad shape only added to the challenge....;) The balcony plexiglass was really dirty, but I don't think that dry dock fixes things like that. We took Windex wipes and cleaned it ourselves.

Do you have any pics of the balcony of your cabin? We are in 9620 and are wondering just how much room we will have. We are traveling with family members and we always seem to end up hosting the pre-dinner wine-on-the-balcony event......(the one with the wine becomes the host, I guess :p ).

Thanks for the info.....

Actually I think they re-did the mini-golf grass really recently. We were on in April and it was horrible. It looked much better this time. Here are some pictures of our balcony cabin 8620 with the 4 chairs and small table and of the mini golf with the new "grass"

2s7gig3.jpg

n3xagw.jpg

Actually I think they re-did the mini-golf grass really recently. We were on in April and it was horrible. It looked much better this time. Here are some pictures of our balcony cabin 8620 with the 4 chairs and small table and of the mini golf with the new "grass"

2s7gig3.jpg

n3xagw.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the pics! This is exactly what I am looking for! I am pleasantly surprised that the balcony is large enough for 4 chairs! BIL and SIL usually spend some time on our balcony, so it will be nice that there is room for the four of us.

Also, the mini-golf looks MUCH improved!! Actually, the ship may be in better shape than it was last January......here's hoping!

Again, thank you SO much for the pictures! :)

You can also email RCCL with special dining arrangement requests:

rcldining@rccl.com

We asked for a table by the window on deck 3 for our party of 9 and they sent us an email confirming that and the table schematic with our table number within 3 days! So don't hesitate to email them with your request for a 4 top for your newbies;)

One thing I noted that needed attention on Voyager last April were the Aquariums in the Aquarium Bar. They needed a good scouring to remove months if not years of built up algae. The walls were so dark you could hardly see the fish! I felt like climbing in there myself:rolleyes: But overall, I thought the old girl very well maintained. I love aquariums but they should assign a regular to clean and maintain these. They were very unappetizing. Did anyone happen to note if they had been cleaned???

You can also email RCCL with special dining arrangement requests:

rcldining@rccl.com

We asked for a table by the window on deck 3 for our party of 9 and they sent us an email confirming that and the table schematic with our table number within 3 days! So don't hesitate to email them with your request for a 4 top for your newbies;)

One thing I noted that needed attention on Voyager last April were the Aquariums in the Aquarium Bar. They needed a good scouring to remove months if not years of built up algae. The walls were so dark you could hardly see the fish! I felt like climbing in there myself:rolleyes: But overall, I thought the old girl very well maintained. I love aquariums but they should assign a regular to clean and maintain these. They were very unappetizing. Did anyone happen to note if they had been cleaned???

The table request e-mail address is great info! Can you please attach the schematic for the table arrangements or could you e-mail it to me at enstedda@aol.com ? That way, I can ask for a particular table number......

We are a party of 8 family members with linked reservations. We have asked to be seated by a window, but on our last cruise our "by the window" table was in a corner so half of the group was facing the wall every evening (we rotated seats so everyone got a turn at the window.... and at the walls.....). The waiters could not serve the side of the table next to the walls.....everything had to be passed across the table.....lots of opportunities to get messy!

On the topic of the aquariums, if they were so dirty that you couldn't see fish, there were probably no fish living in that! Fish have to breathe, too (through their gills).....and that nasty water kills them....I'm surprised that an animal-rights groups wasn't all over that!

The schematic was just of the section of the dining room we are in, not the whole dining room. And I have since deleted the email. Sorry:o

As for the fish, they were in there. I spotted several puffer fish and a couple of yellow tangs and blue tangs, but the walls were so blackish, they didn't show very well. The water appeared clean, just not the back walls and the glass had some algae on it as well. I wanted to take my magnet scraper and get after that:o

Just got off VOS today. Having read posts about aging of the ship, I looked for peeling paint, rust, etc. I didn't see anything. The ship looked fine to me. Our 2 rooms were just fine - nothing out of place. Same for the public areas we visited. We thought that the ship seems well taken care of.

The schematic was just of the section of the dining room we are in, not the whole dining room. And I have since deleted the email. Sorry:o

As for the fish, they were in there. I spotted several puffer fish and a couple of yellow tangs and blue tangs, but the walls were so blackish, they didn't show very well. The water appeared clean, just not the back walls and the glass had some algae on it as well. I wanted to take my magnet scraper and get after that:o

Thanks.....I have tried e-mailing the dining staff, but have gotten no answer.

Thanks.....I have tried e-mailing the dining staff, but have gotten no answer.

I don't think they email you back (imagine the logistics and time involved!) I think you just find out if your "request" was granted when you arrive onboard. :)

I don't think they email you back (imagine the logistics and time involved!) I think you just find out if your "request" was granted when you arrive onboard. :)

Believe it or not, they do email you back. We had to change our table AGAIN to a 10 top because another friend booked the other day and I emailed Kat (the person in charge of assignements landside) and she emailed me again saying she had sent the request to the ship this time as after a set time before sailing she can't do it in her office anymore. So this time we have to wait till check in to see what they did for us. I like that about RCCL, no matter how insignificant you feel among hundreds, they always try to accomodate you and treet you like somebody important.:D

Ricko1: Hotel Jardi does not have a porter. We had to "wrestle" our three large suitcases and several smaller ones up the stairs to the lobby, and then back down to the taxi when we checked out. The lobby is upstairs and away from all that lingers in the streets of Barcelona. There is a elevator from the lobby up to the rooms, but it is so small that it took us two trips to get all our stuff to the room. AND I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT !!! What an incredibly fun experience it was. All the other members of our party stayed at Apsis and were dropped at the front door and had an elevator in the lobby. But after visiting us at Jardi, they were so jealous of our location! Type this address into google maps. Plaça Sant Josep Oriol 1, 08002 Barcelona, Spain‎. Click on the satellite view and drill down to the closest view. The four terraces of the hotel will be visible at the top of the map. I could never figure out if cars could drive there so didn't insist that the taxi driver take us to the door. We got out of the taxi on La Rambla and walked back to Jardi, pulling our luggage. Pickpockets were on us immediately. We did spot them and foiled their plan, but do be careful. They are everywhere a tourist is. Anyway, taxis can drive back to Jardi from La Rambla so next time I'll know to have the taxi take us to the door.

Pickpockets are my main concern.. My wife is disabled and cannot run a thief down if I'm trying to carry 4 bags in 2 trips up to the 2nd floor.. I'm hopping someone stayed in a hotel with a porter or the like..Please let me know if you or anyone coming back stayed in lobbyied hotel..:confused:

I'm wondering if some of the problems could be contributed to there being alot of sign offs that cruise. Mid December is the last time for sign offs for the crew as they do not allow sign offs over Christmas and January. Many of the crew may have been in "I'm going home mode". No excuse but thinking that may be why. Honestly the Voyager crew is generally a good group but then I'm kind of partial as my boyfriend is one of them!;):D Sorry to hear that a few let you down but glad to see you have a good attitude and enjoyed your cruise regardless!:)
We were on that criuse and our waiter Vincent and has assistant Shelby were both signing off for leave on arrival in Galveston. They were excellent, could not do enough for us, with big smiles and great service.

Archived