Eurodam - returning flight time

Grandma of 4

The airport is virtually within sight of the port, so getting there is pretty quick. However, if there's a later flight you might want to consider it. While most disembarkations go smoothly, there are times that someone hasn't settled their onboard account (or some other reason) thus delaying getting off the ship. Also, the more ships in port, the longer it will take to get through security at the airport. That's the real bottleneck and hindrance to making an early flight.

It would also depend on how many other ships are disembarking that morning as well. I flew out (1:30pm flight) of FLL when there were 5 ships in and it was hellish to put it mildly.....check in line ups overflowing out of the terminals on to the sidewalk. I wouldn't have wanted to be the person with an early flight that day. Plus, who wants to put themselves through the stress of trying to make an early flight when you've just completed a wonderful cruise? :)

HI, We are booked for March21-28 cruise. Our plane leaves Fort Lauderdale at 10:55a.m. also. Otherwise we would have to wait for 5 hours as there was no available flights. So we chose the 10:55 flight. When are you cruising? Let me know if you have any problems. thanks.:)

I had considered booking an early flight after disembarking the Eurodam, and when posed the same question on this board I decided to take an afternoon flight. After thinking about it, I have stood in some long check in and security lines in airports. If the ship or disembarkment was delayed for any reason I knew how much it was going to cost me to miss that flight. I was afraid to take that chance. I ended up booking an afternoon flight and will instead take my time and have a nice last breakfast on board and not have to worry about whether or not I'll make that flight.:)

Karen

Archived