Return Flight from YVR 11:50 am too early?

B&J1

"Should be OK" SHOULD NOT give you a warm and fuzzy!!!

The WORST that can happen if you miss your flight: You ticket is canceled and you are at the mercy of the airline whether they will honor your original ticket or not. You are now subject to hotels, transport, food AND very possibly a new ticket. You can also be charged change fees AND any difference in airfare IF the airline allows you to use the value of your original ticket against a new ticket.

Yes, it can happen. I do this airline stuff daily for a living.

PLEASE rethink you plan. 11:45 on a cruise day is VERY iffy. You have NO guarantee if you can use US Direct. Please don't take the chance. The redeye will seem VERY cheap/a true bargain vs paying for hotels, transport, food for how many days??? You realistically could be stuck in Vancouver for a few days trying to get space available seating.

Thanks for the info. Not much I can do now since I already purchased the ticket. Such is life - guess I will have to work it out in real time when we get there and hope for US Direct or luck with a taxi, customs, etc.

I understand your situation...

I had originally booked two persons in our party on a 10:30 flight (which would get them home at 8:30 at night... Kentucky is not easy to get to from Vancouver). I knew it was close, but they wanted to get home early and I figured we could perhaps book a limo or something so they didn't have to do the taxi dance.

After reading some more here on cruise critic several people posted VERY strong warnings against this plan- strong enough that I paid $150 change fee PER PERSON to change to a fight that leaves at 1 something but doesn't get them home until almost midnight.

I hated to spend $300 but I can only imagine how much grief and expense it would be if they missed their flight.

P.S.

I also got to thinking about it and realized that I didn't want the last few days of our cruise to be tainted with so much worry over whether or not they'd make it home on time. So I consider the $300 something like a relaxing spa treatment as now I won't be fretting!

Archived