Weather in Western Caribbean right now???

sheilb4

Just wondering what its like, anyone that has just finished a cruise this past w/end or are presently onboard??

I usually go to the weatherchannel.com but often the report is way off to actual weather when we get to that port....

I leave this w/end so would love to know just how wonderfully warm, calm and sunny it is....???!!

Hope, hope, hope.... Thanks.

The current weather in Georgetown, Grand Cayman is 82 degrees, winds at 11 mph from the south east.

The forecast is for more of the same and includes a 20% chance of showers off and on throughout the week. Completely normal...

You can apply these conditions and this forecast to nearly any time of year...

Just wondering what its like, anyone that has just finished a cruise this past w/end or are presently onboard??

I usually go to the weatherchannel.com but often the report is way off to actual weather when we get to that port....

I leave this w/end so would love to know just how wonderfully warm, calm and sunny it is....???!!

Thanks.

Let's try this again :D

LOL, yes, lets try this again.....

The weatherchannel reports give a 10 day forecast of >80F temp, BUT rain for every port I go to, GC, Coz, Belize and Roatan, next week....(west. carib) sob, sniffle.....

I would like to know from anyone just off a cruise this past w/end and/or someone presently on a cruise, with similar itinerary, to get a "realtime" actual report if poss....

I have found the weatherchannel to be incorrect at times, so am really hoping they are very very wrong for next week!!!

Thanks so much.

The weatherchannel reports give a 10 day forecast of >80F temp, BUT rain for every port I go to, GC, Coz, Belize and Roatan, next week....(west. carib) sob, sniffle.....

I would like to know from anyone just off a cruise this past w/end and/or someone presently on a cruise, with similar itinerary, to get a "realtime" actual report if poss....

I have found the weatherchannel to be incorrect at times, so am really hoping they are very very wrong for next week!!!

Thanks so much.

As I said in my post, the weather is 82 degrees, light winds. During the summer you can substitute 86 for the 82.

There is always about a 20% chance of showers. That's perfectly normal. That, however, means that there's an 80% chance of no showers.

Here's the site I like to use:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=grand+cayman%2C+cayman+islands&searchType=WEATHER

Thanks so much.

You will find a rain forecast for almost every tropical port every day of the year. It does not rain all day long. Here are showers that blow through and are gone in 15 minutes. You are worrying about nothing. BTW no weather forecast is accurate more than about 72 hours out no matter where you are located. Now having said that I can accurately forecast that next June in Phoenix it will be 108 degrees and Sunny. Why, because it is that way every June, and for that same reason they forecast rain for every day in the Caribbean because the stuff blows through constantly.

I just returned from a Western route. Dec 13-20. The day we left Port Canaveral was chilly, the days in ports were hot and sunny Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau. In Costa Maya and Belize we had a couple quick showers that lasted less then 15 minutes. The day at sea was a little cool. That was Dec 18 sailing from Costa Maya to Nassau. Evenings on deck were a little chilly as well. Sorry I don't have actual temps. Didn't see any thermometers around. I would guess the days in ports were in the mid 80's.

We are going on the New Year's cruise with you and I have been checking the weather regularly. www.wunderground.com is the absolute best source for weather information, however it doesn't forecast more than a week out. I say 82 degress and 20% chance is almost perfect. It was negative 2 here yesterday morning!

I checked some of the other ports on several of the weather websites and it looks about the same or better than Grand Cayman. Like you though, I would like to hear what people are saying who have just been there. We were on a land vacation in Playa Del Carmen the middle of November and the hottest day was 82 and it felt like 92 degrees. On the days it was only 77 it felt much warmer than that in the sun, now in the shade it felt cooler. I suspect 82 degrees will feel very warm in the sun!:D

I just got off Freedom, Western caribbean....

This is ballpark...

Fort Lauderdale: 74 degrees SUNNY

Key West: 85 degrees---HOT! SUNNY

Day at sea: 82 degrees SUNNY

Grand Cayman: 88 degrees SUNNY

Jamaica: 85 degrees SUNNY, tiny OVERCAST, 10 min of RAIN

Day at sea: 73-75 degrees SUNNY

Fort Lauderdale: 74 SUNNY

Like I said, this is just an estimate....it rained a total of 10 minutes in Jamiaca...other than that...beautiful weather!

Thank you all, you have made me feel so much better! :D

I know there is never a "bad" day on a cruise, and I shouldn't fret, but all I want to do is lie in the sun and bake EVERY day! LOL

Last New Years I did the same exact cruise and aside from one lovely day in GC, and one sunny sea day, it was overcast, rough waters and rained the rest of the time....

I remember it was actually so chilly in Cozumel, Belize and Roatan, that I had to buy a sweatshirt in Coz and a jacket in Belize! eeek!

But it will be beautiful, hot and sunny every day, this time, right! LOL

Can't wait!

I was on the Inspiration last week in the western Carribbean. The sea days were a bit chilly (if you chose to swim or use the water slides), but the ports were nice and warm (lower 80's). There was a lot of wind and rough seas in Grand Cayman, and although we were able to tender into port we were told that Stingray City was closed for the day. (It's my understanding that it has been closed several days recently).

When we went to Cozumel in October, I started tracking 10 day forecasts. I looked at several sights. They were all different, from mostly sunny to thunderstorms! Every day I looked, it was different. We just hoped for the best and looked up when we got off the ship. We had mostly cloudy but no rain and it was warm so we made the best of it! First sea day was very nice but partly cloudly, last sea day was windy, mostly cloudy, chilly with scattered rain. But, yes...I'm hoping and praying we get some warm sea days and bright sun shine for my snorkel exec in Coz on Jan. 21!!!! Even though I know it's a crap shoot from one day to the next, I've already started looking at weather forecasts! However, I haven't figured out how to track sea day weather!!

Thank you all, you have made me feel so much better! :D

I know there is never a "bad" day on a cruise, and I shouldn't fret, but all I want to do is lie in the sun and bake EVERY day! LOL

Last New Years I did the same exact cruise and aside from one lovely day in GC, and one sunny sea day, it was overcast, rough waters and rained the rest of the time....

I remember it was actually so chilly in Cozumel, Belize and Roatan, that I had to buy a sweatshirt in Coz and a jacket in Belize! eeek!

But it will be beautiful, hot and sunny every day, this time, right! LOL

Can't wait!

Last NY I had the same experience. The first two days of the cruise the weather was GREAT. The last five days it was rainy, cold, overcast, with rough waters. It was so cold that we couldn't do anything in the Cayman Islands but take a tour of the island...and we totally missed Jamaica. I hope you guys have a better experience weatherwise...I still had a good time, but I hate that I missed out on snorkeling in the Caymans.

Archived