wrinkled clothes

tiffytutu99

what do you guys do about wrinkled clothes when cruising?

do you bring a travel iron/regular iron on board? carnival doesn't provide an ironing board do they?:confused: i know, this is probably a stupid question... but i am just thinking about how awfully wrinkled all of my clothes will be when i get them out of the suitcase.:rolleyes:

Irons are prohibited....fire hazard.

There are laundry rooms with irons and ironing boards on the ship.

Lots of people use Downey Wrinkle release.

I just roll my clothes and they come out of the suitcase just fine.

do you bring a travel iron/regular iron on board? carnival doesn't provide an ironing board do they?:confused: i know, this is probably a stupid question... but i am just thinking about how awfully wrinkled all of my clothes will be when i get them out of the suitcase.:rolleyes:

travel irons are a no no. However, they do provide a laundry room

that has an iron and ironing board along with washers/dryers. These

are usually located on each deck. I usually go early in the morning and

iron what I need for the evening........less traffice then. Wrinkle Release

is also a good thing to bring......gets out some of the wrinkles. Hopes

this helps.

This is the first cruise I've been on where an iron is available. I like the idea of going early in the day - I'll do that.

In the past I just hung the garment in the bathroom while I took my shower. The steam releases the wrinkles. That downy wrinkle release is expensive! Rather spend the money on a DOD:D

For our most recent cruise, I ironed the clothes before I packed them and brought along a travel steamer. the clothes retained the pressed look for the most part. I did have to break out the steamer for a few items, but ironing beforehand definitely helped.

Roll your clothes and you will have fewer wrinkles. Downey wrinkle release to get out the few that you are there. I usually take about 4 tops and roll together or an outfit of capri pants with top and roll that together. Packs well and saves space in the bag. Plus when luggage is moved or thrown, the clothes don't shift & wrinkle, they stay in place in the bag so you will see fewer wrinkles.

This is the first cruise I've been on where an iron is available. I like the idea of going early in the day - I'll do that.

In the past I just hung the garment in the bathroom while I took my shower. The steam releases the wrinkles. That downy wrinkle release is expensive! Rather spend the money on a DOD:D

I found small bottles of Downy Wrinkle Release at Walmart for less than $1...same section where you can find travel size lotion, shampoo and such.

For a reasonable fee, you can send your clothing out to be pressed and and steamed. I sent all my dresses and formal out this time, and it was so much easier than taking the time to steam them myself. For the other items, that I wear in the daytime, the Downy wrinkle release works.

again, travel irons are a no no. use laundry room if necessary............but after 8 cruises under my belt i have yet to see a soul that had gosh awful wrinkled clothes, really.

Forget the Downy Wrinkle Releaser...what a racket (although an ingenious marketing ploy)). Just bring an empty spray bottle (saves weight and money). When you unpack on the ship, fill your spray bottle with water, and use just as you would the Downy stuff. The only thing missing is the Downy fragrance.:)

Forget the Downy Wrinkle Releaser...what a racket (although an ingenious marketing ploy)). Just bring an empty spray bottle (saves weight and money). When you unpack on the ship, fill your spray bottle with water, and use just as you would the Downy stuff. The only thing missing is the Downy fragrance.:)

ShelleyQT, I've never bought it. It is really just water with fragrance? I'll stick with shower steam if that is the case. Thanks for the info

I travel a lot for business often overseas. A trick I have learned that helps is I save all the thin plastic bags that cover my dry cleaning. I place one bag over each item before packing. Something about the slick bag keeps clothes from wrinkling for the most part. It keeps the fabric from rubbing together.

I travel a lot for business often overseas. A trick I have learned that helps is I save all the thin plastic bags that cover my dry cleaning. I place one bag over each item before packing. Something about the slick bag keeps clothes from wrinkling for the most part. It keeps the fabric from rubbing together.

That's what I do too, doc.

I have a process that I have done since the beginning......I always pack an empty water bottle.

Once I get my suitcase I unpack everything and spray w/ water and hang any clothes that were wrinkled. That way I only have to do it once and everything is ready to go when I need it. They usually aren't too bad because I have ironed them prior to packing, so a little water and a little shake is all they need :)

Wrinkled clothes, Hmphh! They just match the rest of me!

Doc:p

Sounds like me.:p

What the heck if someone is concerned that my jeans and tee shirt with the naughty saying that I wear to dinner on formal night are wrinkled they need to get over it yesterday.:D:D:D

In seriousness, I really don't think that anyone notices. Anymore it seems that things that I think should be ironed are supposed to look like they do. If my DW says iron it, I do, if not I just go with it.

Archived