Who else sailed 12/18 Ecstasy-Galveston and has a tale to tell !

charleecrat

We have a son with Autism, so I completely understand how "situations" can affect a person. We have to be very careful with him.

Mickey Arison is probably the person you were talking about. He is the founder's son. However, he is the head of Carnival Corp.... (which owns ALL the cruise lines ~ Cunard, Holland America, Carnival, Princess) where Ruben and Mr. Cahill are Carnival Cruise Lines specific..... but I think you will get better results in dealing with Carnival Cruise Lines people....instead of Carnival Corp.

yes thats him Arison. Your right ill try the Rodriques guy . Thanks again

Btw, we just sailed out of Galveston in September. Hurricane Gustav changed our 5 day cruise (2 ports) to a 3 day cruise to nowhere.

It was a mad house in the terminal for that one as well. The boarding was "delayed" (not as badly as yours)....but that resulting in lots of folks standing out in the hot summer sun for HOURS before they could even get into the building.

Luckily, I had met one of the Carnival Rep. a couple of days before... (hey Taco Bill) and he took care of our son for us.

Carnival was very generous with us on that "experience".

Btw, we just sailed out of Galveston in September. Hurricane Gustav changed our 5 day cruise (2 ports) to a 3 day cruise to nowhere.

It was a mad house in the terminal for that one as well. The boarding was "delayed" (not as badly as yours)....but that resulting in lots of folks standing out in the hot summer sun for HOURS before they could even get into the building.

Luckily, I had met one of the Carnival Rep. a couple of days before... (hey Taco Bill) and he took care of our son for us.

Carnival was very generous with us on that "experience".

Wow so im not alone after all LOL The lady that checked us in was so nice and she said " If I were yall I would write a letter about all of this" I looked at my hubby and said "why is she saying that ?" we just got there, later we found out LOL,

So how were you compesated, right then did they fix the problem, cause every time I called the purser's office they said we have not heard from corporate? There was a huge line at the dis-embark so I just went up there and tossed my review card that said " tell us what you think" I said you may not want to know folks LOL

as disappointing as it may be, and as one who picks cruises based on the ports, port substitutions are a risk taken when cruising. i would focus on the fact that you did not recieve a full day of cruising and the VIP treatment expected with booking a suite- and look for compensation to that respect - not the substitution of ports (that should be part of the cruise experience). they should have been able to handle this.... i'm sure its happened before, its going to happen again, make a plan to deal with it so to keep your customers happy and coming back so you stay in business, thats how you run a business!

So how were you compesated, right then did they fix the problem, cause every time I called the purser's office they said we have not heard from corporate? There was a huge line at the dis-embark so I just went up there and tossed my review card that said " tell us what you think" I said you may not want to know folks LOL

I believe they got 50% off whatever they paid and 50% off a future 4/5 day cruise. Well compensated.

unlike the guy who booked a suite, didnt get on until after midnight for a 4 day one port (which was switched) and they gave each person $40 for missing dinner. Thats what I mean about lately Carnival getting cheap.

as disappointing as it may be, and as one who picks cruises based on the ports, port substitutions are a risk taken when cruising. i would focus on the fact that you did not recieve a full day of cruising and the VIP treatment expected with booking a suite- and look for compensation to that respect - not the substitution of ports (that should be part of the cruise experience). they should have been able to handle this.... i'm sure its happened before, its going to happen again, make a plan to deal with it so to keep your customers happy and coming back so you stay in business, thats how you run a business!

the only problem is a lot of folks are not coming home happy. If I book a Panama cruise and they decide to go to Western Caribbean, do you think this is how you keep customers happy?? Carnival needs to work on this imo. I dont care if they are ALLOWED to change ports, they better find a better way to deal with this or lose a lot of unhappy customers. One unhappy customer can drive away a lot of potential business.

Sorry about your family's bad experience Charleecrat, we were on the same cruse as ya'll. We had a total of 6 people in family that were cruising on this day, we all checked out of our hotel on the 18th, my inlaws were in a different hotel than we were and were shuttled to the terminal around 12:30. Then once they got there they were told they needed to leave the terminal and could not check in so they went over to Starbucks(we got a lot of information from people milling around here) across the street and not to return to the terminal until around 5 or 6. We had alternate parking at EZ-Cruise parking and could not even park until after the ship had arrived in port. So at least we had a vehicle to drive around in if we chose to do that. We were able to park at around 5:45 and then shuttled to the terminal. Had we known before that time that Carnival was giving a $40 credit for food to all passengers we could have gone and eaten lunch/early dinner at one of the resturants at the peir, but we did not know until we all checked in. Yes, it was a long day, but everyone we came into contact at the terminal was helpful and friendly. We did not experience any of the pushing and shoving that you were describing and we were in the terminal from approximatey 6:30-11:45 when we were able to board. When it was finally determined that we were able to start boarding the ship, the boarding was done in Zone #'s, so maybe you were in an earlier Zone, we were in Zone 10 so we had quite a long wait. We just sat on the floor of the terminal and visited with other people, met a lot of nice folks that way. We were amazed at how well behaved everyone was from little kids on up, we did not see any major chaos in the terminal considering how long everyone was there and how many were in the terminal building. The ship finally made it to the peir around 5p.m. One of the reasons it took so long to start boarding people was because on the previous cruise quite a few people had gastroenteritis and the crew was busy disinfecting the ship for us so we didn't get sick. All the cruise personnel had also been there since early morning also, and were very gracious and friendly. This was my husband's and my 2nd cruise, but my adult children's 1st cruise (20 year old with special needs, developemental delays, Metal Retardation, etc.) and even though we had the delay everyone had a great time. Yes, we were eating dinner on the Lido deck at 1:30 in the morning and were thankful they didn't do the Muster Drill until 10:00 a.m. We went to Meridia with our $40 per person credit and did the Meridia tour/shopping and looked on it as a free shore excursion. We did not choose to go to Progresso, but what can you do, nobody could help that Galveston was fogged in and you book cruises not knowing what the weather will be like and you just have to go with the flow and enjoy the time you have. Oh, and I also got seasick on the last night when we started getting rough seas and the ship was rocking and rolling, but I can't wait until our next cruise, hopefully our next cruise will be an Alaskan cruise in 3-4 years from now.;)

Sorry about your family's bad experience Charleecrat, we were on the same cruse as ya'll. We had a total of 6 people in family that were cruising on this day, we all checked out of our hotel on the 18th, my inlaws were in a different hotel than we were and were shuttled to the terminal around 12:30. Then once they got there they were told they needed to leave the terminal and could not check in so they went over to Starbucks(we got a lot of information from people milling around here) across the street and not to return to the terminal until around 5 or 6. We had alternate parking at EZ-Cruise parking and could not even park until after the ship had arrived in port. So at least we had a vehicle to drive around in if we chose to do that. We were able to park at around 5:45 and then shuttled to the terminal. Had we known before that time that Carnival was giving a $40 credit for food to all passengers we could have gone and eaten lunch/early dinner at one of the resturants at the peir, but we did not know until we all checked in. Yes, it was a long day, but everyone we came into contact at the terminal was helpful and friendly. We did not experience any of the pushing and shoving that you were describing and we were in the terminal from approximatey 6:30-11:45 when we were able to board. When it was finally determined that we were able to start boarding the ship, the boarding was done in Zone #'s, so maybe you were in an earlier Zone, we were in Zone 10 so we had quite a long wait. We just sat on the floor of the terminal and visited with other people, met a lot of nice folks that way. We were amazed at how well behaved everyone was from little kids on up, we did not see any major chaos in the terminal considering how long everyone was there and how many were in the terminal building. The ship finally made it to the peir around 5p.m. One of the reasons it took so long to start boarding people was because on the previous cruise quite a few people had gastroenteritis and the crew was busy disinfecting the ship for us so we didn't get sick. All the cruise personnel had also been there since early morning also, and were very gracious and friendly. This was my husband's and my 2nd cruise, but my adult children's 1st cruise (20 year old with special needs, developemental delays, Metal Retardation, etc.) and even though we had the delay everyone had a great time. Yes, we were eating dinner on the Lido deck at 1:30 in the morning and were thankful they didn't do the Muster Drill until 10:00 a.m. We went to Meridia with our $40 per person credit and did the Meridia tour/shopping and looked on it as a free shore excursion. We did not choose to go to Progresso, but what can you do, nobody could help that Galveston was fogged in and you book cruises not knowing what the weather will be like and you just have to go with the flow and enjoy the time you have. Oh, and I also got seasick on the last night when we started getting rough seas and the ship was rocking and rolling, but I can't wait until our next cruise, hopefully our next cruise will be an Alaskan cruise in 3-4 years from now.;)

The nice lady that checked us in at around 6 p.m.and then told us we should write a letter led us over to the back of the terminal near some doors. When the arguments started I moved us back by those doors and checked them to see if they opened. I planned on escaping out them if a fight broke out. We circled the wagons with our kid in between us. It was scary, really scary. I told my hubby to leave the bags, forget the electronics ( he is so protective of them). Someone from Carnival was talking but not using the overhead. People yelled " we cant hear you" then later he turned it on so we could hear that they planned on boarding at 9:30. I think it was later than that, but we didnt have a watch. BTW, if you have a kid that is going to do the kids club you need a watch! We didnt have one and there are no clocks in our room. We had to turn on the TV and look for a channel that had time or call the info desk. I almost bought a watch but by the time my kid felt safe enough to go to the club it was Saturday afternoon so I just watch the tube for the time.

I dont remember any areas called zones. I did see a seperate room with chairs. They were full and I wondered why they didnt put the VIP's there. I could tell there were no VIP staus in that crowd and Carnival might have started a mutiny if they tried to impose VIP boarding. It was a mess.

I felt like a complete idiot that I had spent that much money, hiped my family up and then was exposed to a Superdome like experience. At least the people in the superdome didnt have to pay for their torture LOL

If you're speaking about Hurricane Katrina, your Superdome comparison/joke is not accurate, appropriate, funny, or cute. No matter how bad your experience was, I'm pretty sure it doesn't compare to the most destructive natural disaster in American history.

I'm really sorry your trip was ruined. I know how much your family must have been looking forward to it, and I'm sorry your son was so frightened, but I really don't think that comparison is needed.

I think you had a major run of bad luck. Aside from the fiasco at the terminal, I know you must have been extremely disappointed that you didn't get to go to Cozumel and swim with the dolphins. However, I wouldn't give up on that dream. (I've done it twice, and it is a "must do!") There are plenty of 4 day cruises that go to Cozumel, so try again at a different time of year. Spring is a good time. It will be worth your money to go again, just don't splurge for the cat. 12 next time. ;)

I know you were frustrated and lots of other unpleasant adjectives could have described you, as you waited at the terminal for your ship to come in. But can you imagine how the Carnival employees felt? They had the impossible task of attempting to keep all those passengers happy, when they had nothing to do with the cause of the problem. It wasn't their fault, yet they had to deal with it. I'm sure there were many who FINALLY went home that night, thinking "This job is NOT worth what I went through today!". Remember that there are two sides to every story, and I'm sure they have some stories to tell, too.....

For whatever it's worth, Cozumel is a nice, but in my humble opinion, it's a fake, overhyped destination. Shops in mall like settings, big chain, tourist oriented bars (Carlos and Charlie's, Senor Frog's), even Starbucks and McDonald's.

While it might be dissapointing to miss this "exotic" :rolleyes: destination, you did have the chance to experience what Mexico is truly like at Progreso. Unfortunately for those not going beyond the town at the base of the pier, they might come back feeling like you feel. However, for those who do some research, are open to getting out of their comfort zone, and find out what this area truly has to offer, they come back with a wonderful and memorable experience of true Mexico, not some fake tourist trap created by developers....

If you want to experience Cozumel at home, just don your shorts and t-shirt and head for the closest chain restaurant/bar, preferably one with a tropical setting like Bahama Breeze. ;)

If you're speaking about Hurricane Katrina, your Superdome comparison/joke is not accurate, appropriate, funny, or cute. No matter how bad your experience was, I'm pretty sure it doesn't compare to the most destructive natural disaster in American history.

I'm really sorry your trip was ruined. I know how much your family must have been looking forward to it, and I'm sorry your son was so frightened, but I really don't think that comparison is needed.

That's what I was thinking, too. :(

For whatever it's worth, Cozumel is a nice, but in my humble opinion, it's a fake, overhyped destination. Shops in mall like settings, big chain, tourist oriented bars (Carlos and Charlie's, Senor Frog's), even Starbucks and McDonald's.

While it might be dissapointing to miss this "exotic" :rolleyes: destination, you did have the chance to experience what Mexico is truly like at Progreso. Unfortunately for those not going beyond the town at the base of the pier, they might come back feeling like you feel. However, for those who do some research, are open to getting out of their comfort zone, and find out what this area truly has to offer, they come back with a wonderful and memorable experience of true Mexico, not some fake tourist trap created by developers....

If you want to experience Cozumel at home, just don your shorts and t-shirt and head for the closest chain restaurant/bar, preferably one with a tropical setting like Bahama Breeze. ;)

If you were standing here with me I would give you a high five!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. It sounds to me like this OP just wanted to treated like royalty because she got a VIP suite. I can't imagine that it compared in any way to the superdome where people were killed or died and scared for their lives with a hurricane coming.

Anyway, I went to Progreso and did the Discover the Yucatan and Mayan World and it was absolutely AWESOME.....believe me if you do that excursion you will not come home complaining about what you didn't get, because you are lucky to have been able to get anything at all. These people have NOTHING and are happier than any of us!!! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to have a home for just my family and not sharing one with my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins and that is in two little huts with hammocks to sleep in and NO beds!!!

I did get to Cozumel but was not able to my excursion due to high winds.....we were going to spend the day at the beach and my son had dreamed of parasailing. We were stuck looking at the shops at the pier....but we made the most of what we could do and enjoyed being a family and having the luxury to do so!!!

Tis the season to be thankful..................

I think you had a major run of bad luck. Aside from the fiasco at the terminal, I know you must have been extremely disappointed that you didn't get to go to Cozumel and swim with the dolphins. However, I wouldn't give up on that dream. (I've done it twice, and it is a "must do!") There are plenty of 4 day cruises that go to Cozumel, so try again at a different time of year. Spring is a good time. It will be worth your money to go again, just don't splurge for the cat. 12 next time. ;)

I know you were frustrated and lots of other unpleasant adjectives could have described you, as you waited at the terminal for your ship to come in. But can you imagine how the Carnival employees felt? They had the impossible task of attempting to keep all those passengers happy, when they had nothing to do with the cause of the problem. It wasn't their fault, yet they had to deal with it. I'm sure there were many who FINALLY went home that night, thinking "This job is NOT worth what I went through today!". Remember that there are two sides to every story, and I'm sure they have some stories to tell, too.....

Oh yeah, as soon as we got there I saw the look in that lady's eyes and when she told me to write a letter to corporate I thought wow she must be ticked. Later it was quite evident. All the employees were overwhelmed. That was easy to see. Someone else on here said they were talking about it on the boat that left after we dis-embarked.

You did have the chance to experience what Mexico is truly like at Progreso. Unfortunately for those not going beyond the town at the base of the pier, they might come back feeling like you feel. However, for those who do some research, are open to getting out of their comfort zone, and find out what this area truly has to offer, they come back with a wonderful and memorable experience of true Mexico,. ;)

Remember these folks were not aware they were going to that port until they got on the ship. Ecstasy was extremely late getting in because of the fog. The ship went to Progresso rather than do a cruise to nowhere, which was speculated might happen. At least they went to some port. but

..... how was the OP supposed to do "some research".

This was only a 4 day cruise and it left after midnight, so 3 days. I personally think this was just the weather and unavoidable, but that doesnt mean I think the OP isnt entitled to feel dissapointed. This is sure the wrong place to voice it. This is a little different than missing Panama to me, but still dissapointing. Let folks vent?? Why argue with them that their feelings are not valid?

Ive heard about that town. A friend of mine stayed with some of their friends that live near there and she said they had great deals on leather goods.

Also, if you ever go to Progreso again, you have the options of taking excursions to Chichen Itza, or to Uxmal. Both of these ruins are worth the trip. Chichen Itza has been named one of the new 7 Wonders of the World. Uxmal is also a terrific ruin to visit. There are some great things to do or visit from the Progreso port.

I'm sorry your trip wasn't what you paid for. My husband and I almost always just get an inside cabin......so that we can go on more cruises!!:)

Remember these folks were not aware they were going to that port until they got on the ship. Ecstasy was extremely late getting in because of the fog. The ship went to Progresso rather than do a cruise to nowhere, which was speculated might happen. At least they went to some port. but

..... how was the OP supposed to do "some research".

This was only a 4 day cruise and it left after midnight, so 3 days. I personally think this was just the weather and unavoidable, but that doesnt mean I think the OP isnt entitled to feel dissapointed. This is sure the wrong place to voice it. This is a little different than missing Panama to me, but still dissapointing. Let folks vent?? Why argue with them that their feelings are not valid?

thank you and honestly, it was more like the AFTER MATH of the superdome. I watched that horrible disaster and wondered why they didnt even drop water bottles to those poor people. The 12/18 embark was as close to that kinda enviroment as I could imagine. It was scarey for my child and me too. If you could have seen his face and heard what we heard, you ( the bashers) wouldnt be flaming me at all.

Also, if you ever go to Progreso again, you have the options of taking excursions to Chichen Itza, or to Uxmal. Both of these ruins are worth the trip. Chichen Itza has been named one of the new 7 Wonders of the World. Uxmal is also a terrific ruin to visit. There are some great things to do or visit from the Progreso port.

I'm sorry your trip wasn't what you paid for. My husband and I almost always just get an inside cabin......so that we can go on more cruises!!:)

My hubby wanted to see the Ruins real bad but he has neuropathy and was afraid he couldnt do the walking. We were planning on the dolphin thing then just sit on the beach. My hubby has a friend that is a Dallas cop and he went to Progresso this year and said he would not reccomend it to anyone. He said he was scared and my hubby said that guy isnt afraid of anything so we kinda knew not to try it. My hubby is really into that 2012 Myan calendar thing, it was too bad for him to be that close.

My hubby wanted to see the Ruins real bad but he has neuropathy and was afraid he couldnt do the walking. We were planning on the dolphin thing then just sit on the beach. My hubby has a friend that is a Dallas cop and he went to Progresso this year and said he would not reccomend it to anyone. He said he was scared and my hubby said that guy isnt afraid of anything so we kinda knew not to try it. My hubby is really into that 2012 Myan calendar thing, it was too bad for him to be that close.

My husband and I have been to Progreso many times, and there is absolutely nothing to be afraid of. The people are very friendly and happy to see us. We have rented cars and driven all over the Yucatan Peninsula, without a problem. It does help, though, that my husband can speak Spanish! If you go again.....venture out and have a great time!:)

I'm not flaming, just curious. You keep referring to the situation like he Superdome and how scary it was for your son and you. What exactly happened?? What did you see and hear that leads you to draw the Superdome analogy?

It was really a strange situation, I would have preferred to stay where we originally were with a crowd of employees right near the empty coke machine but that nice lady took some of our bags and walked us all the way to the other side of the room. The crowd was much bigger there and more crammed in. At first we sat down on the floor cause there was room later we had to stand cause it got so crowded. While I was sitting I told my hubby we should have stayed at the hotel. This weird looking lady said to me " They got you a hotel??" in this stern voice. I said to her no, we just checked out of the Galvez but didnt leave. That was the first thing that kinda struck me as odd. After an hour or so the crowd had to stand and some groups up ahead of us got into some kinda verbal altercation. I looked at my kid and he said Mom lets leave, so I turned around and saw someone in a dark uniform and yelled at him " can we leave"? he said no. That is when my kid started getting really nervous and other people started yelling back and forth. This crowd was near the back set of doors that said an alarm would sound. I wished they had opened them because the heat was getting to alot of us. It was just totally uncalled for and could have led to a riot. People had been there much longer than us and we had no clue where the gangway was or why they were crowding in that direction, when they finally called the boarding someone said VIP only and I heard peeps yell out yeah BS and I got your VIP, it was totally uncalled for. We just stayed as far back as we could till it cleared some. I realize in that situation I would not have wanted to walk ahead of peeps that had been there 12 hours and can see Carnival was not about to enforce it anyway. If I could have got to my cell I would have called the police. I wish I had had the nerve to video it but my hubby and kid said no. If I had used the video I guess I would have been in some violation for which the signs say no pics or video. LOL Thats probably so they can sell more VIP tickets and you dont find out till its too late. :-) It could not always be like that or they would go out of business, so im sure we just had a run of bad luck. I dont know if I can talk my kid into doing a cruise again.

It could not always be like that or they would go out of business, so im sure we just had a run of bad luck. I dont know if I can talk my kid into doing a cruise again.

I can assure you that I have cruised from that very terminal twice and have never and hope to never experience what you did. I have always been able to go through security and get my S&S and go right onto the ship. Unexpected circumstances always receive unexpected consequences. I truely am sorry for the fear your son experienced but tell him that is not normal. I would also like to thank you for explaining further.

No 2 cruises can ever be compared....1st one I didn't get seasick, 2nd one I did........1st one calm seas, 2nd one anything but........1st one exciting, 2nd one not so much......1st one food was awesome, 2nd not so much.....1st one excellent shows, 2nd one not so much......could go on for a while, but I think you see what I mean.

Just try to put it behind you and look at anything positive that ocurred while you were gone.......Happy New Year

It was really a strange situation, I would have preferred to stay where we originally were with a crowd of employees right near the empty coke machine but that nice lady took some of our bags and walked us all the way to the other side of the room. The crowd was much bigger there and more crammed in. At first we sat down on the floor cause there was room later we had to stand cause it got so crowded. While I was sitting I told my hubby we should have stayed at the hotel. This weird looking lady said to me " They got you a hotel??" in this stern voice. I said to her no, we just checked out of the Galvez but didnt leave. That was the first thing that kinda struck me as odd. After an hour or so the crowd had to stand and some groups up ahead of us got into some kinda verbal altercation. I looked at my kid and he said Mom lets leave, so I turned around and saw someone in a dark uniform and yelled at him " can we leave"? he said no. That is when my kid started getting really nervous and other people started yelling back and forth. This crowd was near the back set of doors that said an alarm would sound. I wished they had opened them because the heat was getting to alot of us. It was just totally uncalled for and could have led to a riot. People had been there much longer than us and we had no clue where the gangway was or why they were crowding in that direction, when they finally called the boarding someone said VIP only and I heard peeps yell out yeah BS and I got your VIP, it was totally uncalled for. We just stayed as far back as we could till it cleared some. I realize in that situation I would not have wanted to walk ahead of peeps that had been there 12 hours and can see Carnival was not about to enforce it anyway. If I could have got to my cell I would have called the police. I wish I had had the nerve to video it but my hubby and kid said no. If I had used the video I guess I would have been in some violation for which the signs say no pics or video. LOL Thats probably so they can sell more VIP tickets and you dont find out till its too late. :-) It could not always be like that or they would go out of business, so im sure we just had a run of bad luck. I dont know if I can talk my kid into doing a cruise again.

I totally understand your feelings about this, and I'm not flaming you. However, what you just described was more like a walk through WalMart during Christmas shopping time. It was NOTHING like what happened in New Orleans at the Superdome, where there was SO MUCH more than "verbal altercations" and crowding. At the Superdome, there was violence, criminal acts, rape, sex acts in front of the kids, people using the floors and chairs as a toilet, filth, stench, not enough food & water, no diapers or formula for the babies, NO ELECTRICITY, a feeling of fear and desperation like you have never imagined, and the list goes on. No one has the intention of making light of your situation, which we know was hard for you to go through. But your comparision to something as horrible as what happened in the Superdome is totally inaccurate.

PS - I have boarded VIP at Galveston several times and have always had a most pleasant experience there. But that was under normal circumstances.

I totally understand your feelings about this, and I'm not flaming you. However, what you just described was more like a walk through WalMart during Christmas shopping time. It was NOTHING like what happened in New Orleans at the Superdome, where there was SO MUCH more than "verbal altercations" and crowding. At the Superdome, there was violence, criminal acts, rape, sex acts in front of the kids, people using the floors and chairs as a toilet, filth, stench, not enough food & water, no diapers or formula for the babies, NO ELECTRICITY, a feeling of fear and desperation like you have never imagined, and the list goes on. No one has the intention of making light of your situation, which we know was hard for you to go through. But your comparision to something as horrible as what happened in the Superdome is totally inaccurate.

I have to agree with this. The OP's repeated use of the Superdome analogy is not only offensive, but destroys her credibility.

Now, all that said, I hope to never experience a boarding situation such as what the OP experience. No doubt it was frustrating and possibly scary.

I can assure you that I have cruised from that very terminal twice and have never and hope to never experience what you did. I have always been able to go through security and get my S&S and go right onto the ship. Unexpected circumstances always receive unexpected consequences. I truely am sorry for the fear your son experienced but tell him that is not normal. I would also like to thank you for explaining further.

No 2 cruises can ever be compared....1st one I didn't get seasick, 2nd one I did........1st one calm seas, 2nd one anything but........1st one exciting, 2nd one not so much......1st one food was awesome, 2nd not so much.....1st one excellent shows, 2nd one not so much......could go on for a while, but I think you see what I mean.

Just try to put it behind you and look at anything positive that ocurred while you were gone.......Happy New Year

When we got ready to leave he started in on being afraid and we told him not to worry. He is a smart kid and knows we didnt know anymore than he did, but really it was just fine. I paid a porter 20 bucks to take our bags and we sailed through customs in 5 minutes and was out the door. After we got over the intial shock of the boarding the rest of the cruise was okay, the ride back was interesing with the rough seas. Wow I thought cause none of us got sick that meant we will never get sick. Guess not huh? I went and got some of those antivert pills they were offering free. There were people who were barfing before the seas got rough so I guess they caught that bug. Felt so bad for them. We are lucky we didnt catch anything. I will go again, I dunno if my kid will but im ready today! Just gota find a bank to rob so I can get another penthouse suite. It was lavish and opulent. We really enjoyed that. My hubby said just as soon as he saw the room. Oh ill live the rest of my life right here LOL

Archived