2009 Calendar

tbjl24

Hi, for the last few years I've been making my own calendar at a local photo shop, using my favourite travel pics of the past year. It brings back memories as the year goes on.

That's a really neat idea :) I might make some extras for friends

I went to Cal State Northridge, DH went to USC, my mother went to Cal Berkeley. I root for Cal when they play USC and USC any other time. Our friend's nephew plays for UCLA but, hum, somehow they don't have a bowl game this year. :D

My graduate alma mater won last night in a squeaker. Every year I get sent a Mizzou calendar for being a member of the alumni association. We also have some other freebie calendars to pick from for the kitchen (one from a charity hubby sends money to as well as one sent from a tutoring service, so I guess parents of every kid in the area got one of those).

Chick....usc plays every other year in the homer (rose bowl) and says "we would've beat XXX" GO BIG TWELVE. Sorry Mizzou did not make it, but a Buffs fan myself, apologize for the fifth down, in any case, I do mean that in all sincerity not being glib. Coach Mac was from Mizzou, gotta respect the Tigers.

Chick....usc plays every other year in the homer (rose bowl) and says "we would've beat XXX" GO BIG TWELVE. Sorry Mizzou did not make it, but a Buffs fan myself, apologize for the fifth down, in any case, I do mean that in all sincerity not being glib. Coach Mac was from Mizzou, gotta respect the Tigers.

I thought Missouri won this week (albeit in overtime).

I've been to the Rose Bowl game several times to watch UCLA. And back in the 40s, my parents had moved to Los Angeles (they both grew up in Chicago) after WWII when my father got a residency at the VA hospital in San Fernando. They heard that Illinois (my father's alma mater) was playing UCLA in the Rose Bowl and decided to go to the game. They got in on the spot (got their tickets on game day).

Thats where you get Elite level status without really sailing right?? :confused:

:mad:

I have never understood the animosity that exists toward those TAs who achieved Elite status by achieving the Commodore status of training. I also have never understood the nasty comments made toward anyone who gets to Elite the "easy" way (15 three-night cruises). Who cares? Does it delete from your satisfaction of your Elite benefits to see someone else have them too?

As someone with something like 180 days on Princess, and only 11 Princess cruises, for a long time we were looking at having close to 250 days before we achieved Elite. Of course it didn't make me happy, but it's the way the rules were written. We continued to cruise Princess despite the disparity, because we wanted to, not because we were trying to "make" Elite.

Should someone who has achieved Elite status both by sailing 150 days AND meeting Commodore requirements get "extra" for their effort? Good TAs who were Elite anyways did the training because it was valuable, and got nothing extra from Princess for their effort, and that's fine, because the Elite benefits are enough as they are.

Princess has a great repeater program; they also have a great training program for TAs, which certainly in turn helps the company and helps its passengers. I think all of those things are wonderful

Cruise the cruises you want to cruise, let the benefits fall how (and to whom) they may, and don't sweat the details. It reminds me of the 5 year old twins I look after checking to make sure that one didn't get more than the other on Christmas Day.

Oh, and Happy New Year!!!!

Archived