LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Dave and I spent some time on the phone tonight. Looking forward to meeting you in Santiago!!

Rick

Same here, we talked for about 45 minutes, this trip is finally starting to sink in for my wife Sue. Almost everything booked we need , but still looking for things to do in Peru,Cabo and Acapulco ( I know she wants to see cliff divers)

I can help you with Acapulco George. The first daily public show is at 1:00 PM. A cab driver can take you and arrange for great viewing seats at La Perla. If you want an earlier cliff diving show, it will be through the cruise line. Without filling up this thread, I will see if I can find the info from April and will post it on your roll call thread. :)

I can help you with Acapulco George. The first daily public show is at 1:00 PM. A cab driver can take you and arrange for great viewing seats at La Perla. If you want an earlier cliff diving show, it will be through the cruise line. Without filling up this thread, I will see if I can find the info from April and will post it on your roll call thread. :)

Cool Thanks

You can email me at themiz at synmusic dot com

I WAS THERE!

I mean...in Cozumel cruising on Carnival Miracle and woke up with my mom saying "There's a Royal Caribbean ship passing us...." then I jumped from the bed and went to the balcony...I could not see the name but I was almost sure it was Mariner.....but you guys were docked far from us with the other two Carnival ships(Triumph and Glory right?)....well it was nice to see you guys...well at least your ship far away...I wish there were staterooms for this last caribbean/new year cruise on the Mariner but the only ship avaliable was the Miracle:eek:...at least I can say I participated in 0.0001% of this cruise because I was on the same port:D

HAVE AN AWESOME CRUISE!

Look at Mariner in Cozumel during her last Caribbean cruise before the "Around the Horn" cruise.....picture taken from Carnival Miracle by me:p:cool:...sorry if it's not that good cause I used the zoom of the camera:D

DSC04599.jpg

Oh Paul ... you'll have to tell us your secret (for chasing away table mates)! ;) :p

Just tell them you sell timeshares for a living, and they'll be gone in nine seconds flat! :eek:

Carol, tonight I'm drinking some of that Jamaican rum from the grocery store in Ensenada. :D

the rum we had after dinner tonight was from Jamaica but on our next crusie on the fair Mariner Jan 2010 how can we bring the bottles home on the plane ? we may travel by train then would be ok

we almost bought a time share a few times but we figure we love cruising more,

but we still get a call from one time share place that wants us to try their place, its for time share owners to try new places, but we tell then we do not own a time share they just will not leave us alone

yes tell them you sell time shares they may avoid you through out the cruise

not us we d just ask questions we get along with every one (we hope)

I have gotten word that the Internet connection onboard is almost non existent!!

There is a lot of frustration among those that want to communicate, and I hope that the IT folks have it fixed before long.

I'm sure that Carol is very frustrated as well........as this is something that she loves to do.................and we all love to hear from her.

I heard thru the grapevine that Bobbie invited the Divas and a few others to her cabin for pre dinner cocktails last night. How can that be......she only has wine!!:D:D

Looking forward to the ship having their problem fixed shortly!!

Rick

Its hard to believe in this day and age with all the technical things available, RC would have better Internet service....it would be a great money maker for them.

Maybe they want people to use the phones instead....... it's only $7.95 a minute!!! :eek: :eek:

Look at Mariner in Cozumel during her last Caribbean cruise before the "Around the Horn" cruise.....picture taken from Carnival Miracle by me:p:cool:...sorry if it's not that good cause I used the zoom of the camera:D

DSC04599.jpg

Thanks for posting this pic, I was looking to see myself on the balcony! ;) With more snow predicted for today, I wish I was back on the Mariner! We had an awesome cruise with absolutely perfect weather the whole time! We had such a great day in Cozumel, saw 3 turtles and a nurse shark as well as large grouper and tons of fish on my scuba dive and had a wonderful time at Nachi Cocum and taking the kids snorkeling to Columbia Reef and to the shallows where there are tons of star fish...your picture helped bring back those memories...oh, no...here comes the snow! :eek:

Hi. I just got off the Mariner with Merion Mom. The pools are salt water and they are the temp of the water in the ocean. I used a Mac and had no problem using the wifi in the public areas, in fact, it was much faster than using the ship's computers and you can cut and paste from Word so you are not online so much. The ship's speed is painfully slow and it costs around $5 to check your email, that's how slow. Try using Mozilla's new Camino browser. It is similar to Firefox, but much better since it was designed from the ground up for Macs, I've yet to have a compatibility problem.

Thanks for the tip about Camino, I am on my second day using it , so the book is still out in my case. One thing I liked in Firefox was the ability to move my open tabs , either you can't do it with Camino or I haven't figured it out yet.

Also at times I swear it is slower than firebox

So have you figured out how to sneak him home with you?

Working on it, working on it..........

It's really sad. Every night on the Royal Promenade, whether we are walking or hanging out in the Wig and Gavel, the number of RC crew/staff/employees is greater than the number of passengers.

No waiting for elevators - they come when summoned and rarely have anyone else in them.

That sounds good, until you realize the underlying cause.

Hmmm...not sure I want to know who OMG man is!! :eek:

Sorry about the s-l-o-w connection....I know how frustrating that is....its been that way forever!!

I guess posting pictures will be out of the question with a slow connection!

Bernard and the people of St. Maarten call him that!

THEY gave him the name "OMG Man"!!!;)

Bernard never gave a hint that anything was wrong.

We just had a perfect day with him.

I put together a group of 40-something, & we were on a really big, very nice, AC bus.

We went all over the island, and were on our own for lunch in Marigot. Cindy, Len, Letty, Susan and I headed in the opposite direction from everyone else. We went to the Bistro de la Mer. We had what I can best describe as bouillabaise. It was phenomenal. It was an obscene heap of lobster, crab, mussels and mahi-mahi in a divine tomato-based soup. We had accompaniments of toasted bread and garlic spread. YUM YUM YUM.

It was very cool watching the planes at Maho Beach, and it was "an experience" visiting Orient Beach. :D

Where there's a will, there's a way! But... I might have pictures of a different OMG man as mine was leisurely posing on the beach for all to see!:eek: He would swim in and out of the water, and as he exited the water,he would pose on the shore for everyone to view. He did this all through the day as if he was some type of tourist attraction. We sure did get an eyeful!:eek::D

And yes...women are just as bad as men...we sure did enjoy the show on Orient Beach and not all of it was pleasant. Some of it give us a great laugh!:)

Sounds like the same guy. ;)

We had Bobby Arvon on Monarch 12-12-08, his show was full of energy! For those of you unfamiliar with the name, Bobby Arvon is the man who sang (and co-wrote?) the theme for "Happy Days". Carol has gotten great entertainment this leg of the cruise!

For those of you who have seen me in person:

I don't think that Bobby is any taller than I am. :D

Carol ~ Can you find out if the My Time Dining will be in place on Mariner when we sail on April 19. I really want to try that and have read so much conflicting info about whether it will be in effect when we sail together in April

I read that you are at the same table as Paul & Judy so either one can post the info if you find out anything as I am following both threads.

Thanks MM :)

Kaya told me "March", but I'll check again.

I have gotten word that the Internet connection onboard is almost non existent!!

There is a lot of frustration among those that want to communicate, and I hope that the IT folks have it fixed before long.

I'm sure that Carol is very frustrated as well........as this is something that she loves to do.................and we all love to hear from her.

I heard thru the grapevine that Bobbie invited the Divas and a few others to her cabin for pre dinner cocktails last night. How can that be......she only has wine!!:D:D

Looking forward to the ship having their problem fixed shortly!!

Rick

We killed three bottles. :D

So glad your enjoying your cruise!! Love following along!

I have to ask...Did you have any of Bernard's rum punch?????

File my name under:

"Does not share well with others."

I shamelessly hogged a bottle of Bernard's rum punch. :eek::D

Thenford Grey showed us everything on St. Kitts, and told us more information that (I would guess) a university professor could have shared.

I ADORED our day with him.

He even gave me some little presents: A carved wooden cup, and a rock painted with a native design.

The security guy on the ship was intensely interested in the rock. He didn't care about my bottles (which happened to have water in them) - he wanted to examine the rock.

He lifted the rock.

He turned the rock over.

He rapped on the rock with his knuckles.

He seemed determined to find something nefarious or criminal about the rock.

I considered demonstrating a use for the rock.................

but decided to just smile and wait for him to end his insane examination.

:)

the rum we had after dinner tonight was from Jamaica but on our next crusie on the fair Mariner Jan 2010 how can we bring the bottles home on the plane ? we may travel by train then would be ok

we almost bought a time share a few times but we figure we love cruising more,

but we still get a call from one time share place that wants us to try their place, its for time share owners to try new places, but we tell then we do not own a time share they just will not leave us alone

yes tell them you sell time shares they may avoid you through out the cruise

not us we d just ask questions we get along with every one (we hope)

Val & Glenn, it must be a BC thing because I would be asking all kinds of questions also:D

Carol:)

Archived