LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

An unflattering adjective followed by a noun describing my dog...:eek:

*lol* Just hope the dog is female. At the pound yesterday the female dogs were called B in front of my DD...urgh! I know its technically correct...but its like the British folks I know coming over and calling the cats by the British names...:eek:

FB stands for Food & Beverage Manager. Only the Hotel Director holds a higher rank in the hotel department on board the ship.

Uh Tony ... I believe that would be F&B ... FB is something entirely different! :rolleyes: ;)

EDIT: You got there before me, Jean (as usual ;) )

Well now you know you are truly addicted to this thread when you have to read a few more pages before bed, so you won't have so much "homework" tomorrow! Besides, I might have something important to watch in the morning!

This has been a lot of fun....thanks, Carol!!!

I have used B & H...

they currently have the lens with my needed Canon mount for $479 with free shipping.

I am using that as a gauge for my "deal". :)

Wow! $479 -I think I'd jump at that

unless you think it may go even lower.

That's a pretty good price lady, and it comes with a bayonet-mount lens hood that clicks into place

and a decent square lens-case(with rounded corners) that zips shut, with a little space-filler pad inside.

I've since put aside the little pad

because I use the Sigma case to hold either the Sigma or my 18-105 Nikkor Zoom lens

depending on which lens I'm not using at the moment.

At the same time you order the lens

be sure to order a suitable 77mm. dia. protective/UV filter to screw in to those front threads

and remain there -this serves to protect the delicate coatings on the front element

which is a bit bulbous, so it needs that protective filter

Screw that filter into place, as the very first thing you do after unpacking them both

while everything's still all factory-clean and virginal!

Sigma--10-20mmlens.jpg

Go for it. :)

I have used B & H... they currently have the lens with my needed Canon mount for $479 with free shipping. I am using that as a gauge for my "deal". :)

did you look at amazon.com?? http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-10-20mm-4-5-6-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0007U00X0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232458304&sr=8-1

Good morning..........good morning everyone!! So.........the cruise count. In round figures........1000 came aboard as new passengers, and 500 got off in Rio!!

The new count of total passengers is 1928. This is NOT an immersion cruise!!

Well, poor Bobbie's dad spent the past couple of days in the ships hospital, seems that he came down with pneumonia! The good news is that the doctors have it under control, and he is now back in his cabin. Tonight is formal night, and due to the circumstances, it will be the first one that Bobbie will be missing.

So she has invited them to join her, in her cabin for a wonderful dinner in her dining area. That is a very nice thing about having an OS. We have always been able to enjoy dinner there........served in courses, just as they do in the MDR. They come set up the table with table cloth, all glasses and silverware, and then someone is appointed to be the service person. So, I know that while Bobbie will miss the formal tonight.....they will all be taken care of.

It's truly wonderful that she has been there for her folks, or this would not be an easy trip for them. They are both in their mid to late 80's.

When Carol mentioned that the midnight buffet was being held open at 10:30 because of the age group...........she could not have pointed to a better example!!:D:D

Looking forward to hearing from Carol this evening.

Uh Tony ... I believe that would be F&B ... FB is something entirely different! :rolleyes: ;)

EDIT: You got there before me, Jean (as usual ;) )

Lorna...........Jean could not have made the term "FB" any clearer, even if she used Windex!!:D

Nice Job of description Jean!! 5 Stars for you!!:D

Rick

Good morning..........good morning everyone!! So.........the cruise count. In round figures........1000 came aboard as new passengers, and 500 got off in Rio!!

Well, poor Bobbie's dad spent the past couple of days in the ships hospital, seems that he came down with pneumonia! The good news is that the doctors have it under control, and he is now back in his cabin. Tonight is formal night, and due to the circumstances, it will be the first one that Bobbie will be missing.

Rick , hope your father in law is in the mend, did the pneunonia steam from the heat stroke ?

Rick , hope your father in law is in the mend, did the pneunonia steam from the heat stroke ?

Morning George...........I'm reporting what I'm getting......so I don't know if one is related to the other. Maybe someone with some medical background will fill us in.

It seems that the ship has had some sort of bug that has been going round, besides Bobbie was in bed for two days with a severe cold on the last leg. She is well now......but asking that I bring Sudefed to repay those that were giving her their Sudefed.

Also............here is a great example of why everyone needs insurance while cruising. The ships hospital bill is very expensive. With out insurance.......it comes right out of ones pocket. You cannot get off of the ship without settling up your seapass bill.........and any medical will be on it.

I told Bobbie that it's probably better that this happened on the ship, rather than at home.........as I think he is getting better care, overall, on the ship. The hospital portion would be the same, but the care and food that he is receiving once out of the hospital is much better onboard, then what Bobbies mom would prepare........at her age. I know that there are people onboard that are taking excellent care of Bobbies' folks, and that is one of the beauties of cruising.:)

Rick

I told Bobbie that it's probably better that this happened on the ship, rather than at home.........as I think he is getting better care, overall, on the ship. The hospital portion would be the same, but the care and food that he is receiving once out of the hospital is much better onboard, then what Bobbies mom would prepare........at her age. I know that there are people onboard that are taking excellent care of Bobbies' folks, and that is one of the beauties of cruising.:)

Rick

Rick, I know what you are saying and agree with you, but I just hope that Bobbie's mother isn't reading this thread. You might no longer be her favorite son-in-law.:D

Rick, I know what you are saying and agree with you, but I just hope that Bobbie's mother isn't reading this thread. You might no longer be her favorite son-in-law.:D

You are right Bill!! Fortunately, she does not read Cruise Critic....or for that matter........has not been on the Internet in over 4 years!! And, she would agree with me...........without getting into detail!!:)

Rick

Bill, you and I were definitely thinking the same thought!!

Wonderful to read that it will be 'formal' night onboard Mariner at the same time as the Inaugural Balls here!! :D Has there been word about whether there is inauguration-viewing onboard??

As others have stated.......this is becoming an addiction :eek: Indeed, the best part of the journey is now beginning: Going Around The Horn!!

By the way, am I the only one having a problem with the use of the word "immersion" in the same sentence as "cruise"????? (of course, nobody has mentioned total immersion)

Looking forward to more reports and of course, those fabulous pictures......

OMG! $414 - Wow!

or $427 with the Tiffen filter you need to own, anyway!

Now that's a deal!

And to think I paid G.B.Pounds 320 for it, back in Sept.

I'm almost pixxed-off, now :mad:

Sorrry to go off-topic - that Amazon page links a certain outlet on 47th street - Just thought I would comment that I had a good experience with them awhile back.

Now back to MM's regularly scheduled program:D

Thanks everyone for your well wishes........they will be passed on!! Bobbie tells me that they are many onboard with colds.........and her Dad caught a cold.........and it went right to his lungs.

He is resting comfortably in his cabin now. He goes back down to the hospital this afternoon for another IV...........and then up to Bobbies cabin for a nice dinner.

I am very pleased that the ship is taking such good care of our whole family. We are blessed.

On another note..........we now have a new President of the United States. His speech was excellent............and I pray that he will heed his words......and we can all work our way out of this recession.

Rick

The new count of total passengers is 1928. This is NOT an immersion cruise!!

So she has invited them to join her, in her cabin for a wonderful dinner in her dining area. That is a very nice thing about having an OS. We have always been able to enjoy dinner there........served in courses, just as they do in the MDR. They come set up the table with table cloth, all glasses and silverware, and then someone is appointed to be the service person. So, I know that while Bobbie will miss the formal tonight.....they will all be taken care of.

It's truly wonderful that she has been there for her folks, or this would not be an easy trip for them. They are both in their mid to late 80's.

When Carol mentioned that the midnight buffet was being held open at 10:30 because of the age group...........she could not have pointed to a better example!!:D:D

So sorry to hear of Bobbie's dad's illness. I wish him better and hope that having you all supporting him will bring him back to full health asap.

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-10-24mm-3-5-4-5-Aspherical-Digital/dp/B001G7PIBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232473172&sr=1-1

should lead you to a temptation that even I am succumbing to..?

TAMRON10-24mmsuperwide.jpg

It a lens much like my Sigma superwide but with a nicer,more useful focal-length range

Hmmmm...anyone interested in a slightly-used Sigma? :D

Archived