LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

The show tonight was the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers in Front Row. We clapped and cheered for our favorite dancers, singers and drummer. ;)

As usual, at the end of the performance, Abe came out and invited more applause, and indicated the backstage staff, tech staff, etc. He also called for applause for the Mariner of the Seas orchestra. Then he looked straight at me and Cindy and said, "Especially the drummer, we have a great drummer from Texas - hey, Tex!"

Good times. :D

Drummer? Would have thought being from Texas he would play one of the horns...:D

DD keeps telling me she wants to work on a ship, so I guess entertainment is the key area for her to consider as it seems to have the largest number of US crew members.

Hope y'all have better weather and no more sea sickness. Yuk!!!!

Which is why I use the not-so-capable compact superzooms. 27mm up to 486mm and then out to 1942mm with the digital turned on. The results in digital on aren't bad if shot in bright sunlight.

And the new Leica FZ28 (which I should have bought instead of the Nikon P80) tacks on an additional optical boost in center mode. But it wasn't available on SXM after the FZ30 "drowned".

I hate to be a party pooper with you guys, but do you think you can take your photography discussion over onto the photography boards? I'm trying to catch up on Carol's trip and it's taking quite a while to go past all your unrelated photos, links and discussions on camera equipment. Sorry, but it's entirely off topic.

I hate to be a party pooper with you guys, but do you think you can take your photography discussion over onto the photography boards? I'm trying to catch up on Carol's trip and it's taking quite a while to go past all your unrelated photos, links and discussions on camera equipment. Sorry, but it's entirely off topic.

Thanks for bringing that up!!;)

I agree. I was waiting to see who was going to bring it up. In the beginning it was pictures of the Mariner, and a bit of discussion of the how's and why's and I found it interesting.

Now, it is entirely off subject.........and the continual of lenses etc discussion is not really relevant to the continuing cruise of the Mariner........headed for the horn.

Today is Montevideo, Uruguay........and I know that Paul and Judy are headed for the leather factory.........and Bobbie......and I think the Diva's are doing the Best of Montevideo this afternoon...........which actually is almost now!!

Tomorrow, for those that have signed up, have a charter flight out of Buenos Aires, Argentina........for Iguassu Falls. Interesting that there appears to be more than one spelling. The ship spells it Iguazu Falls.

My spell check wants to correct it to the spelling that you see. I have seen it spelled both ways on the internet.

The weather tomorrow for Iguazu Falls is expected to be sunny and a high of around 85 to 88 degrees. Should be a beautiful day for taking pictures and videos of the falls. For those not familiar.....they were in the latest Indian Jones movie.........at the end. These falls are some of the loveliest in the world.:)

Rick

"In the beginning it was pictures of the Mariner, and a bit of discussion of the how's and why's and I found it interesting.

Now, it is entirely off subject.........and the continual of lenses etc discussion is not really relevant to the continuing cruise of the Mariner........headed for the horn."

Exactly, Rick. Thanks:)

The difference in Iquassu Falls or the Iquazu Falls is the result of Portuquese versus Spanish translation with a bit of English (falls). IE on one side of the falls it is Iquassu and the other side Iquazu. Sounds the same either way I am fairly certain. The borders of 3 countries all meet in this area. Argentina, Brazil and Paraquay which are basically divided by the river network of the La Parana which eventually joins the Plata river which separates Uruquay from Argentina, and is one of the amazing rivers of the world. It was amazing when we sailed away from Buenos Aires (truly a wonderful city the ladies I expect will greatly enjoy BA) how far out to sea we were still in the brown waters of the Rio Plata. Hours from land and still the ocean was brown.

jc

Just want to say I have no problem with the OT discussions or pics. The ones with half naked men interest me not at all. I have looked at them over a number of visits and have decided that they do nothing for me. I'm concerned at this so will continue to gaze at them through my varifocal lenses. The pics of the Mariner are awesome. I find the pics of lenses do even less for me but I guess what's a half naked man to one person is a wide angled lens to another......

Just want to say I have no problem with the OT discussions or pics. The ones with half naked men interest me not at all. I have looked at them over a number of visits and have decided that they do nothing for me. I'm concerned at this so will continue to gaze at them through my varifocal lenses. The pics of the Mariner are awesome. I find the pics of lenses do even less for me but I guess what's a half naked man to one person is a wide angled lens to another......

At first I thought you were serious, but then..EMOPOThumbsUp003.gif

Wonderful tongue in cheek!!:D:D:D

Rick

I thought I was being overly cranky when this went through my head last night. I'm sure it's probably frustrating for Carol if she's trying to read through people's comments or questions.

Love the photography stuff --- there are some fantastic pictures and tips being shared --- but could they go to another thread, please?

I have to visit my opthalmologist today. One of my eyes has popped out.:eek::D

I'm not bothered by the camera posts or any of the many other off-topic discussions that inevitably pop up on a thread of this length and duration. But I think it would be very helpful to have such a discussion on the "Cruise Discussion" threads in case somebody is actually looking for th perfect camera to take along. I know there was a thread about binoculars that I found very useful.

Now, how many posts can we get discussing what is OT?:)

I have to visit my opthalmologist today. One of my eyes has popped out.:eek::D

I'm not bothered by the camera posts or any of the many other off-topic discussions that inevitably pop up on a thread of this length and duration. But I think it would be very helpful to have such a discussion on the "Cruise Discussion" threads in case somebody is actually looking for th perfect camera to take along. I know there was a thread about binoculars that I found very useful.

Now, how many posts can we get discussing what is OT?:)

ITA Jean....I can't think of any post that hasn't gone OT one way or another. I thought the camera and lens info was very valuable because the pictures posted were so great....every one leoved them and wanting to know how they can they get the same results.

And now.....back to the regualr scheduled program. :)

Carol, great reports, keep'em coming!

I originally thought I wished the OT posts would go elsewhere, but seeing as how Carol herself does not always stay on topic, I don't think she'd mind the thread drift here - as long as we eventually got back to looking at half naked men, umm, I mean reading about what a wonderful cruise she is having.:p

I originally thought I wished the OT posts would go elsewhere, but seeing as how Carol herself does not always stay on topic, I don't think she'd mind the thread drift here - as long as we eventually got back to looking at half naked men, umm, I mean reading about what a wonderful cruise she is having.:p

You are making me glad that the pictures are blocked at work!:eek:

jc:D

Archived