LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

I'm anxious to hear about any of those that went to Iguazu Falls today.......how they enjoyed their excursion.

Everyone has their reasons for cruising.......and for Bobbie's mom.....it was to see Iguazu Falls!!

Spending 46 nights to see Iguassu Falls....I think that they saw both sides...............not a bad trip!!:D

Rick

Hey, Carol, have a caipirinha for me, will you?

I've only had them once - we had a vicar (seminary student) from Brazil, and at the potluck goodbye dinner the church council threw for her, one guy's contribution was the fixin's for the Brazilian drinks! Vicar Dany was quite touched!

Those babies have quite a kick but are tasty!

Hi Merion Mom,

Sounds like you're having a great time!:D Do you know if the Mariner ever offers a martini sampler? Inquiring minds want to know!;)

I have seen something in the Compass about this, but I haven't attended, so I can't give you a report............yet. If there is one soon, I'll go. Just for you. :D

We saw this great act on a prior cruise and going on the idea that MM was too happy to take pictures, here are a couple.

2215110940096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

and....

2801995060096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

This is a great act and should not be missed.

OT?

We were in the top balcony, with terrible sight lines, so no pics.

Thanks for posting yours!

:)

Hi Merion Mom,

Sounds like you're having a great time!:D Do you know if the Mariner ever offers a martini sampler? Inquiring minds want to know!;)

They had a martini seminar in Vintages on the 7-night Eastern itinerary. We saw the setup but couldn't attend because we had Chops reservations that evening. As I recall, it was $10-15 and you mixed 4-5 martinis and then got a full one on top of that.:)

They had a martini seminar in Vintages on the 7-night Eastern itinerary. We saw the setup but couldn't attend because we had Chops reservations that evening. As I recall, it was $10-15 and you mixed 4-5 martinis and then got a full one on top of that.:)

I am SO there!:D

I'm anxious to hear about any of those that went to Iguazu Falls today.......how they enjoyed their excursion.

Everyone has their reasons for cruising.......and for Bobbie's mom.....it was to see Iguazu Falls!!

Spending 46 nights to see Iguassu Falls....I think that they saw both sides...............not a bad trip!!:D

Rick

A couple of months ago, my hubby apparently saw a photo of the falls and he's been interested in seeing them ever since. So maybe one day, we go on the Rio/Valpr. cruise with a cruisetour to the Iguazu. We may not have been able to go on a cruise in the last three years, but the three on our list are all considered "exotics": another Hawaii RT, Australia-NZ, and SA.

A couple of months ago' date=' my hubby apparently saw a photo of the falls and he's been interested in seeing them ever since. So maybe one day, we go on the Rio/Valpr. cruise with a cruisetour to the Iguazu. We may not have been able to go on a cruise in the last three years, but the three on our list are all considered "exotics": another Hawaii RT, Australia-NZ, and SA.[/quote']

Here's two amazing videos of the falls that I found:

Great video on the falls. There is a walking bridge that goes out over the water. At one point it appears that it is just feet from the falls itself.

Thanks Millie!! See my post on the other thread!!

The falls are absolutely amazing, and I see why Bobbies' Mom had them on her list of places to see while she could still travel.

And, I know that there is more adventure and beauty coming up in the next 7 days.........probably the prettiest part of the whole cruise.:);)

Rick

Ohhh - Pete would do one of those! He has really come to appreciate the martini in the last couple of years.

I have seen something in the Compass about this, but I haven't attended, so I can't give you a report............yet. If there is one soon, I'll go. Just for you. :D

Sounds great! Hopefully, we'll be able to enjoy a martini sampler on our April cruise!:D

Paul: Is this the RCL site you were talking about posting on??

Kathie..............this is one of two that Paul is talking about!!

The other one is Paul's thread............around the horn.......words to that effect.

Welcome. My DW, Bobbie is on the whole 46 night trip with these wonderful people............and I get to hear from her once in a while.

She has actually been very good at checking in......till she headed to the Iguazu Falls..........and I have not heard from her since.

But, I'm sure that Paul has...........he kinda makes sure that she has what she needs..........and I know that they have had some good conversations together.

I'm posting from home for another 6 days........before I join this wonderful group ......... in Valparaiso.

I'm hoping that Bobbie will still speak to me after being gone for 30 days. I feel like I'm just tagging along for the last leg!!;)

Rick

I'm hoping that Bobbie will still speak to me after being gone for 30 days. I feel like I'm just tagging along for the last leg!!;)

Rick

If not, I am sure there are two or three other pax on the ship who will speak with you...otherwise there are tons of crew who probably are lonely without many pax to bug them on the East to West cruise. :D

Dave, are you going to make it on the last leg?

A number of press, vip's, ta's and rci folk got off in Buenos Aires and rumor has it more got on.

Still not crowded and we've heard there will be fewer the 3rd leg than on the 1st leg. I'll try to find out.

Carol rode a horse today, she might not be walking for a while.

Dave, are you going to make it on the last leg?

50/50 at the moment. I picked up some new business out of Austin that I may or may not be able to get done next week...but the 2 bigger issues, one financial thing I hoped was going to work out this week is delayed to later this year...and one of the carriers I work with will let me know on Monday on a couple clients. I can't cut out on the clients since they have some time sensitive things that have to be done by Feb 8th...and if I can't be sure they are all done by Friday, work will dictate I care for the clients. (I also realized I have a Medicare 101 class to teach on the 11th...but that can likely be changed.)

Now you know why 46 days would have never worked....although I would love to have done those 46 days, fly to OZ and do the 35 day circle Oz sailing on Rapsody. Nothing like a 3 month break. Of course with NYE cruise ending a few hours late, even first off VOTS, and a priviate flight from Galveston to P/Canaveral we would have had to play catch up at the first port.

At least I can see those on the ship are able to email and post on CC w/o issues so that is a plus. I will have a better feel Monday night.

Archived