LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

I agree to you up to a certain extent however the above website states this for Egypt...

"TOURIST TRAVEL

* U.S. Passport / valid at least 6 months beyond intended stay

* Tickets and Documents for return or onward travel

* Visa Required. Visa can be issued on arrival at air and sea ports only (no land borders) for stay up to one week. Extension to 30 days possible on application. Expect occasional delays.

* Vaccination: International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever required if arriving from infected area within 5 days"

Notice "Visa Required" section. So does that mean that I will need to stand in line before departing the ship to acquire said visa? I have already checked in online and no where in my documentation has it stated that a visa is required. The reason I know this is because our rollcall had a recent discussion along those lines. Being the planner/taker care of the mundane things, I could blithly apply for the visa beforehand to get over the hassle beforehand but that would have been an unneeded step since someone already checked into it and found out that the cruiseship has a blanket waiver.

I would expect RCCL to "redflag" the cruise documentation, if the majority of passengers for a particular sailing is from a particular country and if they will be visiting a particular country that requires extra documentation for those passengers.

Never expect RCI to red flag anything when it comes to cruise documentation. If they would have done that........then there wouldn't be 2 bus loads of folks leaving the pier because of no Visa for Brazil.

If you are taking a trip to an unfamiliar country............you can always call that country's Consulate/Embassy here in the US to find out what is needed to enter their country.

Yes, sometimes the cruise lines can take out a blanket waiver covering Visas for all pax when traveling to certain countries.

One of my best friends who was going to take this cruise with the wife and myself changed their minds to go on a Feb 14th cruise to Asia on RCCL.

They were told several times they didn't need a visa and if they did you could buy them on board with prices ranging from $25 to $40 pp depending one the port.

Keep in mind they booked direct through RCCL the complete package Air,rooms and cruise with the following Ports of Call: Shanghai, China; Xiamen, China; Hong Kong, China; Sanya, China; Hue/Danang (Chan May Port), Vietnam; Nha Trang, Vietnam; Ho Chi Minh City (Vung Tau), Vietnam; Bangkok (Laem Chabang),Thailand; Sihanoukville, Cambodia; Singapore .

Up until the week of Christmas I argued with my friends that they need to get their own VISA just to enter CHINA , but RCCL told them no visa was needed and if they did need one they could get them on board, AGAIN with the ON BOARD , my point finally sunk in when I finally drove the point that the plane lands in CHINA 2 days before their Cruise and just how were they going to get the visa ON BOARD

So on Dec 22 they had to overnight all the paper work etc along with nearly $400 their VISA will be here Monday.

Just what is RCCL thinking telling people they don't need VISAS

Go Bucks

I agree.................you would think that the folks that man the phones would have the answers. At least your friends got it taken care of. Now, did they get YF vaccs??

GO BUCKS:D

yes Lorna, we must be spoiled but think we can take ship without going all the way down East:D now I hope they keep the Radiance here too:D

I will be here when you come to the Island in the fall, are you still coming on that wine cruise?:cool:

Carol:)

Hi Carol ... actually, we cancelled the Wine Cruise ... :( ... However, we're going on the 3-night that preceeds the Wine Cruise. I'll email you. Maybe we can meet in Victoria, since we'll be there on a Saturday, now. :rolleyes: (unless you're closer to Nanaimo ...)

LadyLawyer- I'll take a martini!!! :rolleyes: I see your from northern CA...I'm in Rocklin. Are you anywhere close to me?? I can't get the webcam to work so you'll have to give me the play-by-play!!:D

~Kim

Pretty close ... Fair Oaks! Jump in your car ... you can make it here by 5!!! ;)

I just watched a couple of people out on Carols RFS......on the stern, walking around on their balcony!! Pretty cool.

Bobbie is having dinner as we speak........and then she will call me one more time before the Mariner pulls out.

Last count was that one bus pulled out with pax with no Brazilian Visas, headed for Miami, and now a 2nd bus is needed for the rest of the people.

Mariner looks beautiful all lit up!!:):)

Rick

2 buses!! :eek: :eek: oh my!

Rick, I look foreword to your update.

Laura...I agree this is torture!! :eek: :D

I am so enjoying this thread, and am excited for everyone who is on the Mariner tonight. I am so jealous!

I also am grateful that we are learning about this Visa issue...another reason to read Cruise Critic and your cruise documents....I won't allow a ship to leave me sitting in the terminal while it sails off? I feel sorry for the first person who posts something negative about RCCL and this situation....we're all sitting here like hungry wolves

According to Captain Johnny...........as I was listening to his announcement.......the Mariner should be pulling out in about 5 minutes.....just a little early.:)

150 was the final count for those without Brazilain Visas.

Not all will be coming aboard.........some cannot afford it......and are going back home. Very sad!!:(

More when Bobbie calls back in a few minutes.:D

Rick

I agree.................you would think that the folks that man the phones would have the answers. At least your friends got it taken care of. Now, did they get YF vaccs??

GO BUCKS:D

Not required any place they are going to.

I've been follwoing this thread for several days now... enjoying the comments and excitement without the need to post. Until now. Posting the webcam links has me so envious!! I have the NEED to cruise now. Welcome back, Obsession!

Bon Voyage to all the cruisers out there!!!

No, but got to see the Cabbage Patch Doll clinic while we were stationed at Robins AFB!!! A very beautiful area, so scenic.....fresh air, ahhhh.................

Lynda

Babyland is very creepy. Just hoped you ventured into Helen.

According to Captain Johnny...........as I was listening to his announcement.......the Mariner should be pulling out in about 5 minutes.....just a little early.:)

150 was the final count for those without Brazilain Visas.

Not all will be coming aboard.........some cannot afford it......and are going back home. Very sad!!:(

More when Bobbie calls back in a few minutes.:D

Rick

Thanks for the update.

Dave

our TA said the 7610 was a tad bigger then the 7616 which is fine as there will be 3 in 7610

sorry it was crowded with the couch made up but I wonder if tis easier for the third adult to be on the couch then up on the pullman

I think I would prefer the sofa bed instead of the pullman since it would have been over the top of our bed. It was just crowded when the bed was made up. Tell them to be careful in the middle of the night getting up to go to the bathroom there isn't much room. I ran into the TV a few times since it was pitch black in the room. Tell them to bring and night light or just leave the bathroom light on and then you can at least find your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. LOL Hope you all have a great time. When are you sailing on her?

We love the Voyager class ships, we sailed on the Mariner twice in 2008 and loved every minute of it.

Archived