LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Nice! :)

So if I take a Panama cruise, I would be required to get the shot? (I really appreciate everyones experience and insights)

I would like to know too.

You do not need a YF shot when doing a Panama Canal cruise. Have done 5 full transits and have never gotten the shot and have never been denied boarding or been denied diesembarking the ship at any port.

Wow, never thought I would Young Harris. Thats much lesser known than Cleveland. :) Were you guys at the BBQ Fest in May? I am reclaiming Cleveland as hometown. I was up there all summer and very bored with town where I live. The area just seems like home and was only the second time visiting. I am coming back up in March for my spring break.

Guess not -- What BBQ fest? We go through Cleveland a lot. Are you a student or teacher? Are you cruising on the Mariner?

You do not need a YF shot when doing a Panama Canal cruise. Have done 5 full transits and have never gotten the shot and have never been denied boarding or been denied diesembarking the ship at any port.

Thank you. Our friends will be relieved.

A bittersweet sight. :)

Look out CA here she comes!

Yes, now it just a matter of days before its our turn on the 22 of Feb.

I so agree Laura, I would be heart broken if we had to go home! OMG....I can't imagine how they must feel.....I for one would feel very stupid. I wouldn't want to be on the bus right about now......

Its gonna cost those who are on the buses an arm and leg to get the visa, plus all the logistics of getting to the next port of call.....Jones Act will come into play here as well.....I would call the whole thing a NIGHTMARE!!!! :eek:

That was a sight to see, thanks to whoever posted the link :)

I too feel for those folks without the proper Visas, wow I bet they will do more research in the future. I cannot wait to read the threads...Thanks for the updates Rick!

Linda you only have to wait until February, we have to wait until June ;):D

###

I saw her leave. I feel so bad for those left behind--even though it is their own fault.

Me too.....

To those on the ship have a fantastic time. What a thrill!!!!

We were booked on the Feb. leg from Valparaiso to San Diego. The air fare was too much and the flight too long from where we live, so we changed it to something else. At least it will be on the West Coast now and we will try again to be on her.

Well........the Mariner has sailed.....and here are some interesting facts.

Slightly over 150 persons were left behind.......according to Bobbies waiter....that did not have Brazilian visas. Some have not accepted RCCLs offer to get them to Miami and back onboard as soon as possible.......because they cannot afford the cost........which could be more than $2,000.00.

There are just 1700 people aboard for this leg.........that holds more than 3100 people.

Tomorrow is passenger drill...........and formal night. Since Bobbie is with her parents.......and they have first (main) seating.........she is not a happy camper.

Rum Runners continue to work......(hey, don't flame me........i'm just reporting the facts).

Friends also delivered Mango juice.........her favorite mixer!!

She sends Lorna a great big hug!! Bobbie wishes that you were with her........she would have shared her cabin...............wow.....I didn't know that!!

As Carol has said.........the third floor of the dining room will be closed. There are just not enough people to take care of.

From here on out.......it's going to be via the internet.........so, I think that others will have more stories than me.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with George, David and Jack......as we travel south to Santiago...Chile.......and on to meet(at least Dave and myself) our ladies........in Valparaiso.

The most amazing thing that I had to do this evening........was to let Bobbie know that she was actually moving away from the dock. She finally went out onto he balcony.........and was able to watch the ship move away!!

I know that Carol will be taking this thread back..........as soon as she is settled.

Thanks Carol for introducing Bobbie to your cabin mates.

Rick

Well........the Mariner has sailed.....and here are some interesting facts.

Slightly over 150 persons were left behind.......according to Bobbies waiter....that did not have Brazilian visas. Some have not accepted RCCLs offer to get them to Miami and back onboard as soon as possible.......because they cannot afford the cost........which could be more than $2,000.00.

There are just 1700 people aboard for this leg.........that holds more than 3100 people.

Tomorrow is passenger drill...........and formal night. Since Bobbie is with her parents.......and they have first (main) seating.........she is not a happy camper.

Rum Runners continue to work......(hey, don't flame me........i'm just reporting the facts).

Friends also delivered Mango juice.........her favorite mixer!!

She sends Lorna a great big hug!! Bobbie wishes that you were with her........she would have shared her cabin...............wow.....I didn't know that!!

As Carol has said.........the third floor of the dining room will be closed. There are just not enough people to take care of.

From here on out.......it's going to be via the internet.........so, I think that others will have more stories than me.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with George, David and Jack......as we travel south to Santiago...Chile.......and on to meet(at least Dave and myself) our ladies........in Valparaiso.

The most amazing thing that I had to do this evening........was to let Bobbie know that she was actually moving away from the dock. She finally went out onto he balcony.........and was able to watch the ship move away!!

I know that Carol will be taking this thread back..........as soon as she is settled.

Thanks Carol for introducing Bobbie to your cabin mates.

Rick

Thanks for the updates. Seems like there is certainly more than 150 cabins empty. Just think 30 days she will be in Chile waiting for us to board. :D

<quote>There are just 1700 people aboard for this leg.........that holds more than 3100 people.</quote>

wow, thats a lot of empty cabins.

I also just realized everyone will be at least platinium (if they have not cruised with RCI yet) at the end of the entire repositioning.

<quote>There are just 1700 people aboard for this leg.........that holds more than 3100 people.</quote>

wow, thats a lot of empty cabins.

Certainly is.

The economy is probably catching up to many pax who don't have recession proof incomes.

And losing 150 pax because of the Visa issue isn't going to help either.

All those empty cabins will mean alot of lost income for crew.:(

Yes, now it just a matter of days before its our turn on the 22 of Feb.

I so agree Laura, I would be heart broken if we had to go home! OMG....I can't imagine how they must feel.....I for one would feel very stupid. I wouldn't want to be on the bus right about now......

Its gonna cost those who are on the buses an arm and leg to get the visa, plus all the logistics of getting to the next port of call.....Jones Act will come into play here as well.....I would call the whole thing a NIGHTMARE!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

After all that waiting and then finally packing and the thrill of getting to the port and then to find out about the visas I would literally be sick. My heart goes out to those that turned back and could not afford to pay the additional monies. Those that moved forward you know they are stressed to the max. I would need tranquilizers for sure.

How does that work for the crew with such a low number of passengers income wise?

Laura

I would think that RCI knew the numbers before sailing. Maybe some crew took leave or vacations now?

I would imagine it could get ugly if too many crew are onboard with no cabins to take care of or no tables to wait, while others are busy and making money.

No RUM Runners neeeded at all....My parents took on 8 bottles of wine, a bottle of vodka, and 5 bottles of Presidente Brandy with no problems. BON VOYAGE!

OHH I was talking to my step mom at about 7:30pm and they were in the concierge lounge, she said it was standing room only with about 70 to 75 people in the lounge, they never did make it to the Dragons Lair.

Yes lots of empty cabins...loss of on-board revenue for RC, crew earnings and some very sad people!

Rcik why is Bobbie not a happy camper? Or is it her parents not happy? :confused:

Hi Linda...........Bobbie is not a happy camper........in the fact that the passenger drill is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at 5PM......which is when the Mariner sails out of Coco Cay. Dinner is at 6 PM......and the Captains reception is at 5:30.

She is out of her mind about being in a lifejacket within 15 minutes of being dressed and ready to meet anyone!!

Make sense???!!:rolleyes:;)

Rick

PS.......the other problem.......is that she has been introduced via email to Captain Johnny............so she can't bail out!!

That's more than I should disclose.

Any chance of a price drop?

Looks like plenty of cabins open for that sailing....Spellbinder keep checking, wish we were with you at the SKY BAR like old times:)

The Miz- TRUTHS:) Im a lover (and a drinker) not a fighter...When are you boarding? or are you on now? Happy sailings!

Hi Linda...........Bobbie is not a happy camper........in the fact that the passenger drill is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at 5PM......which is when the Mariner sails out of Coco Cay. Dinner is at 6 PM......and the Captains reception is at 5:30.

She is out of her mind about being in a lifejacket within 15 minutes of being dressed and ready to meet anyone!!

Rick

PS.......the other problem.......is that she has been introduced via email to Captain Johnny............so she can't bail out!!

omg and Im sitting here letting a broken ankle heal, if I wereon the ship im be upset too wow to be in the Mustard drill then take jackets back to cabin them to captains reception then get to early dinner and sign breath grrrrrrrrrrrrr nothing like a bums rush

Rick

OMG.....makes no sense at all.......that is the craziest schedule! :eek:

Archived