LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Well just got confirmation that they are turning away people without Brazil visa's. They will have to catch up with the ship. They are looking very closely at the dates on the Visa's when they are issued. They are taking passports for safe keeping.

They didn't take mine. :eek:

Hey Dave........where was that thread about whether to take your passport off of the ship when you are ashore.....or not!! The ship may keep all passports till someone from Brazil checks every one.

I just talked with Bobbie, and so far there are about 20 people that do not have Brazilian passports. Royal Caribbean is talking about (and it is going to cost these people)......if there are enough that do not have their passport........to bus them down to Miami.....to the Brazilian Consulate, and then fly them on to St. Martin to rejoin the ship.

She has already run into Don & Pat, Len & Letty and Roger and Ivan.

More to follow!!

Rick

Bill.........I just read your message. We will keep everyone informed as to what RCCL is going to do.....or not do with the ones without the visas.

I understand that it is at least 70.

Bobbie and I had our big reunion in the VCL. Great party up there!

Guys, how the heck did this thing get so far away from me?????? You've added a dozen pages since I posted! :eek::):D

Bobbie is trying to stay on top of how many people, by the end of the day are being either turned away.......or offered, for a fee to be taken to Miami to get expedited visas.........and then flown to St. Martin to catch up with the ship. Stay tuned!!

Rick

We have heard that they won't catch up with us until Barbados.

Yes, won't those folks have a lot to tell us when they get back? We'll have to get together again. We were with Roger about three weeks ago when I went to UCSF for an appointment. He was really excited already then.

Merion Mom... we look forward to your postings. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

CV Bill

It sounds like RCI is doing its best to assist those who failed to get their visas so that they don't lose their entire cruise. I only hope we don't hear complaints from those people about the time and added expense that will be involved in getting expedited documents. :)

Well, I can just about guarantee you that not one of those without a visa is on Cruise Critic, so you may be spared having to listen to the complaints! ;)

Hi, I've been following along and it sounds like this is going to be a trip of a lifetime...have lots of fun.

BTW, there's another thread that someone started where they have video of you guys leaving and the person taping is talking to the Captain...it's pretty cool. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=899442

and here's the direct link to youtube

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello, we too sailed the infamous 7-11 Crown Princess

cruise. What a ride!

I was 'naragonl' then.

I hope to keep up with mom's thread the next several weeks.

enjoy enjoy enjoy

I'm so glad I caught this thread...........

Hey, good to "hear" from you again!

My 2 cents worth - Actually, Costa Rica requires YF vaccination certificate if arriving from an infected area within 5 days. Since the Mariner is departing Lima,Peru on Feb 8, arriving in Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica on Feb 12 (4 days later), and Peru is considered an "infected area", if a passenger wants to get off the ship to stretch their legs in Puerto Caldera, they will be required to show their YF vaccination certificate.

If you have no plans to see Puerto Caldera, then yes, you've "wasted" your time and money. If you plan to step off the ship for the day, or even just want the option, then you haven't "wasted" your time and money.

Or if you believe that GETTING Yellow Fever, and perhaps DYING from it, is a BAD THING, then you HAVEN'T wasted anything. :rolleyes:

I KNEW I'd have pages to read!!!!

We LOVE the Nelsons!!! We constantly had them on our TV on our last cruise. Apparently they were on the Liberty a few cruises before us. There were no CD's left so we ordered them when we got home!

Well, I still have to go back and read a few more pages!!

Tomorrow night, first formal night............I'll be in the front row!!!!!!!

Carol, hopefully, you've found it by now, but if not ...

http://www.portcanaveral.org/webcam.htm

Lorna, guess what they did to me?

They had to re-issue my new seapass card, because they made it before my upgrade came through.

What did my original seapass look like? Gold, big letters "SUITE", Diamond Plus Member on the bottom.

What does my current seapass look like? Plain white card, Diamond Member.

:(

And of course there is "nothing that they can do about it!" :mad:

I just watched a couple of people out on Carols RFS......on the stern, walking around on their balcony!! Pretty cool.

Bobbie is having dinner as we speak........and then she will call me one more time before the Mariner pulls out.

Last count was that one bus pulled out with pax with no Brazilian Visas, headed for Miami, and now a 2nd bus is needed for the rest of the people.

Mariner looks beautiful all lit up!!:):)

Rick

That better not have been MY balcony that you were looking at, Rick.......*we* were all at dinner!!!!! :eek:;):)

We have a group going on the 26th of April on the Mariner ... here's some questions from the group:

1. Are the pools heated - are they salt or fresh water?

2. Do they still have that yummy raisin bread for breakfast? It doesn't have cinnamon in it just a nice soft domed loaf of the yummiest bread. I have been dreaming of eating it again and if they don't do it on the Mariner, I need to prepare myself. (Hoping for my friend that they still serve it.)

Thanks.

They had to re-issue my new seapass card, because they made it before my upgrade came through.

What did my original seapass look like? Gold, big letters "SUITE", Diamond Plus Member on the bottom.

Geez Carol, I guess that was about to a "bling" sea pass as you could get! then they downgraded you to the plain-jane "everyone has one" sea pass...you should start up a complaint thread to keep up with growing negativity on the forums:rolleyes:. just kidding...hope ya'll have a blast!

Just because you are one of my most favorite people in the world ... I will resist the temptation to tell you what you told me, when it happened to me on the Majesty ... what was it, now? ... oh right, nah nah nah nah naaaaaaaah! :p I definitely won't say that to you!!! :D

Maybe the Loyalty Ambassador has some stickers ... and gold paint ... in her desk. ;)

I'm hoping that your ankle heals properly!!

Let's not get too far off base. Bobbie has an OS...to herself.....till I get aboard.;)

It's an inconvenience that Linda picked up on.........that I would think that most women would complain about.

Rick

is it possible there is two captains receptions one for early one for late hopefully

and yes ankle will get better as i havent been walking in this snow

I'm hoping that your ankle heals properly!!

Let's not get too far off base. Bobbie has an OS...to herself.....till I get aboard.;)

It's an inconvenience that Linda picked up on.........that I would think that most women would complain about.

Rick

Oh, yeah, I would definitely complain about that!:eek:

and yes ankle will get better as i havent been walking in this snow

Get better soon - will this white stuff never end?:( It's driving me mental, though the dog loves it!:rolleyes:

We have a group going on the 26th of April on the Mariner ... here's some questions from the group:

1. Are the pools heated - are they salt or fresh water?

2. Do they still have that yummy raisin bread for breakfast? It doesn't have cinnamon in it just a nice soft domed loaf of the yummiest bread. I have been dreaming of eating it again and if they don't do it on the Mariner, I need to prepare myself. (Hoping for my friend that they still serve it.)

Thanks.

The bread is called Austrian Striezel, and it is wonderful.

In June 2008 I was on the Liberty of the Seas ship. My sister, Brenda and I fell in love with the bread. As I am a yeast bread maker I wanted to get the recipe. I was telling my table waitress , how much I liked it and wanted to make it at home,so she got it from the executive chef for me. If you have a opportunity on the ship buy the Royal Caribbean's Savor cookbook. The recipe is on page 59. The cookbook has many wonderful recipes in it

I sailed June 2007 on the Mariner and loved the ship.

Have a great time

Janie :)

Archived