No seafood buffet on Ruby

kootz

Just came backed from the Xmas Ruby. No seafood buffet at all during the cruise. Asked many people on board and could not get a straight answer if it was this cruise only, all cruises, all boats...

Just came backed from the Xmas Ruby. No seafood buffet at all during the cruise. Asked many people on board and could not get a straight answer if it was this cruise only, all cruises, all boats...

That's interesting. And you checked the Cafe Caribe and still nothing?

That's interesting. And you checked the Cafe Caribe and still nothing?

We sure did. That's where we usually eat anyway. We have been on 16 Princess's. I was really looking forward to it. Did not put a big damper on the trip but still everyone seemed very confused about it since they had it the week before.

Toto...Loved our cabin E730. Thanks for your help with that...

Am wondering what the menu included if no seafood. We will be on the Ruby in a few months, thinking we might check out the buffet the first night since we don't care for the MD menu the first night. If you recall what was offered would like to know. Thanks.

We had a great seafood buffet in the Cafe Caribe on the Emerald Princess Dec 10-20 cruise. They also had some sort of seafood almost every night, but the buffet included scallops, clams, mussels, several treatments of shrimp, and lobster claws.

So it is definitely not all ships...

Am wondering what the menu included if no seafood. We will be on the Ruby in a few months, thinking we might check out the buffet the first night since we don't care for the MD menu the first night. If you recall what was offered would like to know. Thanks.

We had a great seafood buffet in the Cafe Caribe on the Emerald Princess Dec 10-20 cruise. They also had some sort of seafood almost every night, but the buffet included scallops, clams, mussels, several treatments of shrimp, and lobster claws.

So it is definitely not all ships...

I can't really remember what was on the buffet but it's always enough to like something(s)

Our Ruby cruise STARTED on the 20th. The previous cruise had the seafood buffet but not ours...

Did they have something special in the Caribe Cafe for Christmas? I'm wondering if a holiday menu replaced one of the standard menus and they elected to replace the seafood buffet.

I really don't think so. Formal night was Xmas so they had the usual lobster/shrimp, turkey etc.

Even so they still could have had the seafood buffet on the first night which they did not

Just came back from Ruby. I did not see a seafood buffet either. Every night in Cafe Caribe, they seemed to have some sort of theme such as German night or Indian night. The variety was quite good in Caribe Cafe and I was actually surprised at the level of service. They were very attentive with drinks and needs.

Remember that you can get sushi(pay) down on deck 5 in the wine bar during certain hours.

Archived