Review Rhapsody of the Seas 13th - 23rd Dec

luckiestmitw

Hi Sandie great info and spot on...... i agree the 2 for 1 cocktails were loaded with alcohol a little on the shyside with the mixer:D:D i could only drink one a night....the best part is you don't have to stay at the bar where the special is on offer .....you can take it anywhere which we often did.....

I finally had my hand surgery done last week, surgeon told me time was no longer on my side if i wanted the feeling back in my thumb and fingers :eek: 5 days down the track its bruised and battered but working great...:D:D my cheers hand is back....;) Shiona

Free treats - nice touch.

We enjoyed choc dipped suited strawberries on Sun Princess - definately were not free though!!

Really? We got ours through room service and they were free of charge 24 hours a day.

Where abouts did you get yours from?

Thanks Les and Sandie. Those prices actually sound cheaper than the other American ships we've been on. On the NCL (Norwegian line) ships the cocktails were better value than the spirits. But they weren't very strong. Sounds like it'll be 2-4-1 cocktails for me but probably just the two each night - don't think I could handle more than that!We'll check the daily newsletter for which bar to get them from.

Hi Sandie great info and spot on...... i agree the 2 for 1 cocktails were loaded with alcohol a little on the shyside with the mixeri could only drink one a night....the best part is you don't have to stay at the bar where the special is on offer .....you can take it anywhere which we often did.....

I finally had my hand surgery done last week, surgeon told me time was no longer on my side if i wanted the feeling back in my thumb and fingers 5 days down the track its bruised and battered but working great... my cheers hand is back....;) Shiona

Hi Shiona,

So pleased to hear everything went well with your surgery, I bet it's a big relief to finally have it done..you'll be in fine form for your next cruise.....;):D

Sounds like you'll be taking it a bit easy for a while though....but I'm sure John will have everything under control....;):D

Take care

Regards Sandie :)

The show's in the Theatre were all different except for the couple of ballroom dancing shows...we had...

Danny Elliott - Multi-instrumentalist and singer - fantastic - he recieved a standing ovation

Los Pampas Gauchos - Great fluresent puppet show plus drums and whips and a variety of different things-very good

Extreme Vegas-Fast paced variety show

Illutionist John Taylor - If he is onboard...don't miss his show, this one was our favourite.

Soul Mystique - from "Australia's Got Talent" Dancing and quick change artists....really good don't miss it.

Thanks for the review Sandie. Certainly not boring.

We also had Los Pampas Gauchos and John Taylor. Both these shows were great.

Les has almost covered it with the $US dollars causing the high drink price. Reading drink prices from a recent Caribbean cruise, there were beers that were $US6.50 on the Rhapsody that were only $US4.75 onboard in the Caribbean. Many of the US beers were in aluminium "bottles" that were a pint, so $AU10 was easier to swallow when there was more to swallow. These "bottles" were heaps thicker than cans (felt as stiff as the old steel cans for those that remember them) and they kept a beer cold longer than glass does. I was a bit worried about the US beers, but I found the Michelob Ultra to be a pretty good drop.

As for cheapest drinking options, there is water and ice on the pooldeck just outside the buffet (starboard), and there is a tropical punch, lemonade (tastes like lemon squash), and iced tea N/C from postmix in the buffet.

Thanks for the review Sandie. Certainly not boring.

We also had Los Pampas Gauchos and John Taylor. Both these shows were great.

Les has almost covered it with the $US dollars causing the high drink price. Reading drink prices from a recent Caribbean cruise, there were beers that were $US6.50 on the Rhapsody that were only $US4.75 onboard in the Caribbean. Many of the US beers were in aluminium "bottles" that were a pint, so $AU10 was easier to swallow when there was more to swallow. These "bottles" were heaps thicker than cans (felt as stiff as the old steel cans for those that remember them) and they kept a beer cold longer than glass does. I was a bit worried about the US beers, but I found the Michelob Ultra to be a pretty good drop.

As for cheapest drinking options, there is water and ice on the pooldeck just outside the buffet (starboard), and there is a tropical punch, lemonade (tastes like lemon squash), and iced tea N/C from postmix in the buffet.

Hi Geoff,

Welcome home and I hope you had a wonderful time on Rhapsody....glad to hear you got to see John Taylor....any idea how he did that last trick??

People were talking about it all over the ship for days...:p:D

I must admit I loved the lemonade from the buffet...was a bit too sweet sometimes but a dash of water soon made it nice...I found it really refreshing...didn't however like the punch or the iced tea....yuk.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip....;):D

Hi Geoff,

Welcome home and I hope you had a wonderful time on Rhapsody....glad to hear you got to see John Taylor....any idea how he did that last trick??

People were talking about it all over the ship for days...:p:D

I must admit I loved the lemonade from the buffet...was a bit too sweet sometimes but a dash of water soon made it nice...I found it really refreshing...didn't however like the punch or the iced tea....yuk.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip....;):D

Hi Sandie,

No idea on the last trick. A couple of kids figured some of the early ones though, as they were able to look up underneath the tricks from the front row. Barb liked the punch, but the iced tea was not to our taste so much. It did actually taste like real tea though.

Working on a review now - hopefully by the end of the weekend I will get enough time to complete, just have a couple of higher priorities at the moment.;)

Archived