Help printing boarding passes

chloes nana

okay, so here I am again with another quagmire and need some assistance. We have decided to stay over an extra night in Rome after our 20 day Mediterranean Adventure in August 09. Now the question is, that I need to check in online 24 hours in advance for our return flight to the US, and print out my boarding passes. This can occur anytime after noon as our flight is at 11:55 am, the following day. I will have my laptop along but do not have access to a printer. Any suggestions?? do the hotels by the airport print documents for you and if so how do I link my laptop? Do the internet cafes at the port in Civitevecchia have printer access? I am sorry I have never done any of this before and need to have some organization. All advice is welcome! thanks:)

On line check in is not allowed on international flights out of the United States because they need to see your passport before issuing you a boarding pass. Chances are the same procedure is followed in Rome. The only thing you’ll be able to do online is seat assignments and requests for assistance.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ’09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ‘07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

On line check in is not allowed on international flights out of the United States because they need to see your passport before issuing you a boarding pass. Chances are the same procedure is followed in Rome. The only thing you’ll be able to do online is seat assignments and requests for assistance.

Aunty Pat

according to British Airways I can select my seat assignment, and print my boarding passes on line. I still have to go through security and passport check, but would like to have boarding pass in hand. Is this not the way it works? Anyone else have any experience with British Airways? :confused:

I will bet my next cruise budget that if you check in on-line, and don't print out the boarding passes, there is no problem. Just get the boarding passes when you go through passport control.

In the past I have had my printed passes, done passport control, and they gave me new passes even though I didn't need them. :rolleyes:

Think of it this way---sometimes the printer breaks; sometimes people lose the printed boarding pass. The airlines will have a solution to those problems; you use the same solution. :D

I will bet my next cruise budget that if you check in on-line, and don't print out the boarding passes, there is no problem. Just get the boarding passes when you go through passport control.

In the past I have had my printed passes, done passport control, and they gave me new passes even though I didn't need them. :rolleyes:

Think of it this way---sometimes the printer breaks; sometimes people lose the printed boarding pass. The airlines will have a solution to those problems; you use the same solution. :D

Hi Ruth! I am going to save this post. That way if it doesn't go the way you said it will I can have my next cruise on you, okay?:D

okay, so here I am again with another quagmire and need some assistance. We have decided to stay over an extra night in Rome after our 20 day Mediterranean Adventure in August 09. Now the question is, that I need to check in online 24 hours in advance for our return flight to the US, and print out my boarding passes. This can occur anytime after noon as our flight is at 11:55 am, the following day. I will have my laptop along but do not have access to a printer. Any suggestions?? do the hotels by the airport print documents for you and if so how do I link my laptop? Do the internet cafes at the port in Civitevecchia have printer access? I am sorry I have never done any of this before and need to have some organization. All advice is welcome! thanks:)

Most hotels will have an internet or business center, or at least a computer and printer for you to use. You don't need to link your laptop to their computer; just go online and print it out. All internet cafes I have ever used have printers.

I do have experience checking in with BA while in Europe and you will be allowed to do so 24 hours in advance. In fact, you will need to, as you know, to select seat assignments.

If you don't have access to a printer, you still can check in and select your seat. Just print your boarding pass at the airport.

A couple of years ago we were taking the Westerdam to LA thru the Canal.

Got to the Hotel In Ft. Lauderdale and discovered that I did not have my boarding pass. Spoke to the desk clerk and she said I have interned access will be glad to get it for you . Gave her the pass words and received the new boarding pass. And low and behold the upgrade fairy had blessed us with an upgrade to a mini suite. Was a wonderful trip.

Most hotels will have an internet or business center, or at least a computer and printer for you to use. You don't need to link your laptop to their computer; just go online and print it out. All internet cafes I have ever used have printers.

I do have experience checking in with BA while in Europe and you will be allowed to do so 24 hours in advance. In fact, you will need to, as you know, to select seat assignments.

If you don't have access to a printer, you still can check in and select your seat. Just print your boarding pass at the airport.

thanks! Ruth said they will print one when you go through passport check also. If that is not happening she owes me a cruise!:D

Try e-mailing the hotel you are staying in to see if they can print your boarding pass. Most large hotel chains will provide this service.

that is a great idea! As soon as I fugure out where I will be I think I will do that. Thank goodness I have a nice amount of time to get all this figured out:eek:. I can't imagine if I would have just said ho hum the TA will get it all figured out for me.

Archived