Table for single travelers

gsarnow

Has anyone tried to ask for a table for single travelers? Were you successful?

I travelled solo on my last trip on the Navigator but only ate in Portofinos and Chops. I had my own table in each of those restaurants but also had first appointment when it wasn't busy. Not sure how it works in the MDR and if that would be possible. I would guess you could ask the matre'd when you board.

I'm thinking RC should reserve a table for single travelers to come together and get to know each other over a meal. Wouldn't that be great? Could meet a buddy to do some things together!! This needs to happen before I start cruising alone.

I agree with you. I took a cruise on Holland America transatlantic this past Spring, went alone as had an oppty between jobs to do so & could not persuade family or friends to take so much time off of work. They had open seating, which you'd think would be great, but come to find out was actually lousy. I'd go to dining room on formal nights, and ask if I could sit with any large tables- the open seating pretty much shut me out- and I ate alone each night. I think cruiselines should definitely be more sensitive to solo travelers (the whole pay for 2 people thing is just ridiculous). I will cruise again, solo, if the opportunity comes up. But I just had to comment. I think RCCL is actually better- and you will most likely get assigned a table/ meet people, etc. Have a great time!

I actually just sent an e-mail to RCC dinning room (rcldining@rccl.com ) and requested to be placed at a large table of 6 or more for dinner and also requested to be sat if at all possible with other passengers traveling alone. I recieved the following e-mail back:

Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International Dining and Special Services

Please be advised your request has been noted. Dining arrangements are finalized the week of sailing, at which time we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Once your client arrives for embarkation, their Sea Pass Card will denote the table number and seating time.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International!

I will post how it works out when I return from my 1/22-1/24 Navigator cruise.

Go and talk to the Maitre'd as soon as you can on board. Give him a good tip and explain you are a single traveller and want to be seated at a large table with incredible hot babes! If the guy is Greek or Italian he'll fix you up with a great table. Secret is the tip - about $50 and give him another $50 at the end of the week if he really comes through for you.

This past September I did a TA with a friend of mine. She chose to eat in the MDR and I chose to eat a few nights in Chops. My waiter and the head waiter in Chops thought I was sailing solo and they really treated my like royalty. I got special treatment. I finally brought my friend to dinner one night to show them that I did not have an imaginary friend . :D

I actually just sent an e-mail to RCC dinning room (rcldining@rccl.com ) and requested to be placed at a large table of 6 or more for dinner and also requested to be sat if at all possible with other passengers traveling alone. I recieved the following e-mail back:

Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International Dining and Special Services

Please be advised your request has been noted. Dining arrangements are finalized the week of sailing, at which time we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Once your client arrives for embarkation, their Sea Pass Card will denote the table number and seating time.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International!

I will post how it works out when I return from my 1/22-1/24 Navigator cruise.

I'm on the same cruise you're on and was wondering the exact same thing. This cruise had awesome promotions for single cruisers so I was wondering if they'd group the single travelers together for the MDR.

I hadn't made a decision yet about the MDR. Thought about doing just Portofinos and WJ the other night. I'm social but I booked a small table so that if I don't go then whomever is there (a family or couple) then would get a table to themselves (something I know is a nice surprise if you're the couple!).

I'm on the same cruise you're on and was wondering the exact same thing. This cruise had awesome promotions for single cruisers so I was wondering if they'd group the single travelers together for the MDR.

I hadn't made a decision yet about the MDR. Thought about doing just Portofinos and WJ the other night. I'm social but I booked a small table so that if I don't go then whomever is there (a family or couple) then would get a table to themselves (something I know is a nice surprise if you're the couple!).

amel.. you should joing us in our roll call were doing a meet and greet on Thursday. It's a pretty active group on the message boards so it should be a good meet and greet. Schooner 3 pm.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=718370

I travel solo quite a bit and every time I was put at a table with other single cruisers (not by request)...maybe I just got lucky :)

I travel solo too and have been placed at tables with some other solos or mixed tables on Carnival, RCI and Holland America. But with this new freestyle option they are pushing, this open dining system they put you in, I am getting nervous with my upcoming cruise on HAL. I am wondering if I will make a daily reservation and request a table of singles if they have it or request to sit at a large table mixed group. I don't know how it will work now.

Archived