Seafood Buffet on the Crown

margord

May I ask what exactly I can expect to find at the seafood buffet??? First ever cruise and I have no idea what will be available :)

Miriam

Other than the usual array of carved meats and buffet items, you will find cold lobster claws, crab legs and already peeled shrimp.

On our November Crown cruise, we tended to swing by the Cafe Caribe to pick up some pre-dinner 'snacks' and found the cold seafood buffet and hot seafood buffet on at least 3 different nights. We liked the crab knuckles (more meat than the claws) and the lobster claws. Shrimp were large too!

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you for telling me that lobster is included in the buffet!!!!! My sister will just plunk herself down in front of the shrimp and I will in front of the lobster. YUM!!!:D

One happy, and even more excited camper now!

Miriam

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you for telling me that lobster is included in the buffet!!!!! My sister will just plunk herself down in front of the shrimp and I will in front of the lobster. YUM!!!:D

One happy, and even more excited camper now!

Miriam

Remember it is just lobster claws not the tail. I just did not want you to be disappointed.

Remember it is just lobster claws not the tail. I just did not want you to be disappointed.

No worries about being disappointed but thanks for the warning!! I just love lobster!! Speaking of it, is it true that Friday night is the lobster dinner, tail and all? :D

Miriam

No worries about being disappointed but thanks for the warning!! I just love lobster!! Speaking of it, is it true that Friday night is the lobster dinner, tail and all? :D

Miriam

Yes, that is normally the case. It is the last formal night. Tail and all.

The seafood buffet is always in the Cafe Caribe?

Is this a specialty restaurant where you have to pay extra?

Also, what are the International Cafe and Vines?? More specialty places that cost extra? Thanks for any help. These places weren't on my previous Princess cruises on the Coral or Sun.

The seafood buffet is always in the Cafe Caribe?

Is this a specialty restaurant where you have to pay extra?

Cafe Caribe is the aft area of Horizon Court. No extra fees.

Also, what are the International Cafe and Vines?? More specialty places that cost extra? Thanks for any help. These places weren't on my previous Princess cruises on the Coral or Sun.

Vines is a wine bar on deck 5, which also sells sushi. Can't tell you what else because that's not our style.

Inrernational Cafe also on deck 5 is mostly free. Cakes, pastries, donuts, muffins, salads, quiche, etc. are all free. You pay extra for candy apples, chocolatate strawberries, gelato and the tapas that are only in the evening.

Is there a charge for all food items in the Vines? I'm sure there is a charge for the wine but would like to know more about the food as we are into sushi and sashimi. Thanks!

I believe the charge is $3.00 for 3 pieces. I know there's also cheese there which I doubt has a charge.

Archived