transfer from fco to civitavecchia

bobbisailsolo

Hi there. I am doing a cruise out of Civitavecchia in September. The transfer is quite pricey when going by shuttle or car alone. Whats the possibility of finding someone to share a ride? Has anyone had any experience with this??? Thanks Barb

Does the cruiseline have transfers, that may be the most economical way. I know they aren't the preferred way many times but when I cruised to Italy last fall I used the transfer to get to Rome.

Hi there. I am doing a cruise out of Civitavecchia in September. The transfer is quite pricey when going by shuttle or car alone. Whats the possibility of finding someone to share a ride? Has anyone had any experience with this??? Thanks Barb

Howdy Barb! 50.gif

When you have a chance, please read the Sticky thread titled What is a ROLL CALL and how do I find mine? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44773. Please note the Roll Call thread for your cruise line, ship, and departure date is the ONLY place where you can post a personal ad for sharing shore excursions/tours, transportation, etc. I clicked your user name over the words Cool Cruiser to find your other posts and see you have found your Roll Call.

082502btw_prv.gif, per the Guidelines, any share request posts on any other forum other than a member's Roll Call thread will be removed.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

For a solo, the ship's transfers will probably be the least hassle and the least expensive. A private transfer via a car will run nearly $300 USD. If you don't mind the train, you could do that, but then you have to go all the way into Rome, change trains and then go back to the port. And, on the train, you have to lug all your stuff yourself, there's no one to assist you on or off the trains.

I arranged for a private shuttle from Rome to the port through the hotel I was staying at. I posted the pricing information on my roll call and ended up with a total of 9 people traveling. It was much less hassle than the cruise line transfers and with that number of people, less expensivie. I had my hotel arrange for the shuttle becuase the pricing was competitive and I knew if the shuttle didn't show up for some reason they would arrange another one.

I also paid for a private car from the airport to the hotel in Rome. I was arriving alone at night and felt it was well worth the price.

There are frequent transit strikes in Italy and there was one the day we went to the port. People planning to use the train had to worry about whether their train would be one that was affected or not.

I then used the same shuttle at the end of the cruise to the airport. Even though the ship arrived late, our shuttle driver was waiting and we were able to leave the port quickly without waiting for the bus to be filled.

For a solo, the ship's transfers will probably be the least hassle and the least expensive. A private transfer via a car will run nearly $300 USD. If you don't mind the train, you could do that, but then you have to go all the way into Rome, change trains and then go back to the port. And, on the train, you have to lug all your stuff yourself, there's no one to assist you on or off the trains.

OP: Go to www.civitavecchia.com and clickon English and clickon Services and you will find train, bus and other transportation info.

Archived