Boat Trip in Kachemak Bay?

Sapphire73

Are there any boat trips out of Homer which you would especially recommend? We may spend a long day in Homer (with Cooper Landing as our base) and want to explore options for a boat trip there. I saw info about a Gull Island Lunch and Wildlife Cruise that also visits 60 Foot Rock to see the sea otters there. (I think it includes lunch at the Rookery Restaurant.)

Is this a trip which you recommend or are there others you would recommend instead? We are planning to take a PWS cruise but are unlikely to take a Kenai Fjords National Park cruise because too many in our group have trouble with seasickness. But perhaps some our group could take a shorter boat trip here in Kachemak Bay while others browse the art galleries and shops, etc. (I don't think my fellow travelers would go for the water taxi and hiking that others have reported enjoying.)

We thought we would stay for dinner in Homer and then head back to the Cooper Landing area.... (I know that folks highly recommend spending 2 nights here in Homer but but this is the best we can do. Several in the group don't think they will ever get back to Alaska so we are trying to maximize the experience without running ourselves ragged.)

Thank you for whatever help you can give.

We did the Gull Island Lunch Cruise in 2007, and that was very enjoyable. Hint - do NO sit on the bow of the boat as it leaves the harbor in Homer. I got soaked by a wave and stayed cold and wet for the rest of the trip! Lunch was GREAT. We used a 2-for-1 TourSaver coupon.

Archived