Valor or Glory

maynovmom

I see that April 2010 both the Glory and Valor are sailing to the same Western Carrib. ports on the same days for the same prices (pretty much anyway). I have sailed on the Liberty and Freedom and know they are somewhat similar to those ships. Which would you prefer-the Glory or the Valor and why? I think the Valor now has the big screen...is that the only difference? I just thought it was strange that both ships are leaving and going to the same ports the same days. Let me know what you would choose if you've sailed them. Thanks so much!

Hmmm..... just something does not seem right.... I know that ships have met at different ports, but never had the exact same itinerary week to week.

I cannot help to think there may be an error there.

The Glory and Valor are TWIN ships - just a tad smaller than the Freedom and Liberty, but mostly the same!

Catrin

Hmmm..... just something does not seem right.... I know that ships have met at different ports, but never had the exact same itinerary week to week.

I cannot help to think there may be an error there.

The Glory and Valor are TWIN ships - just a tad smaller than the Freedom and Liberty, but mostly the same!

Catrin

I'm thinking that Valor might be returning to Costa Maya and dropping Cozumel in the relatively near future.

I thought Conquest, Glory, Valor, Freedom, and Liberty were all exactly the same, at least in terms of size.

Well thats why I thought it was odd too. We have a cruise booked this spring already but I will be watching to see if anything changes. I will ask Carnival after this year's cruise. That's the sail date we will be going again next year and I will see if Cozumel becomes Costa Maya... I like both so this may be a tough decision!:)

Thanks. I realized that. I was just trying to figure out why both ships would be going to the same ports on the same days same price. Does anyone have strong feelings about either the Valor or Glory?

I have not been on the Valor, but have been on the Glory. She is a great ship!! I was supposed to go on the Valor this May, but they changed the itineary, so we ended up switching to the Glory. I have recieved great service and a wonderful cruise on the Glory.

Nevermind, I had a whole big response about why sailing from Port Canaveral is so much better and to go on Glory. Then I saw the above post and realized they are both in Miami at that point.

Now I would say just go on Valor since she is newer and has the movie screen. Either way you would have to go to south Florida.

I really like the Valor. Did it first in 2006, and then did it again in 2008. It is still in great shape, and I really liked it.

Either way, you will have a great cruise.

Joanne

Archived