Detailed Blog of Zuiderdam Holiday Cruise

dleighb

I have just updated my blog with everything up through Day 6 of our Panama Cruise on the Zuiderdam. We enter the canal tomorrow, so I'm off to bed right now.

You can read the details at http://dleighb.livejournal.com/213016.html.

Warning, it is very, very detailed and therefore very, very long, but I thought some people might be interested.

Thanks for the review, it's wonderful. Hopefully on the 1/28/09 Zuiderdam sailing Pidyan will still be there. I am planning on jotting down his name and requesting his table.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.

Happy Sailing:D

Thanks for the review, it's wonderful. Hopefully on the 1/28/09 Zuiderdam sailing Pidyan will still be there. I am planning on jotting down his name and requesting his table.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.

Happy Sailing:D

So will everyone else on the 1/28/09 cruise!! Maybe he serves a large table as well?!

Thanks so much for the detailed blog. We will be on the Z on Feb 27. Can you tell me exactly where the ship docked in Curacao. We plan to rent a car and I see the Grand Princess will probably be at the mega pier. So where will the Z be? I need to know so we can plan on where to pick up the rental car. Thanks

We docked right across from the downtown area just inside the floating bridge. It opens up for us and we sail right through and dock on the Otrobanda (sp?) side. I'm sure that costs a pretty penny too since you pay to have them open the bridge. Still, it's a cool experience to sail through that. Almost as neat as the Panama Canal.

I just posted my day in Panama. It's a little less detailed because I am tired, but still fairly informative. We did The Canal Experience and had a great time. The weather was great for us though. I can see where miserable weather would make it a less than fun trip, but isn't that always the case?

Today's blog: http://dleighb.livejournal.com/213375.html

Thanks so much for the detailed blog. We will be on the Z on Feb 27. Can you tell me exactly where the ship docked in Curacao. We plan to rent a car and I see the Grand Princess will probably be at the mega pier. So where will the Z be? I need to know so we can plan on where to pick up the rental car. Thanks

You pick up the rental car on the Mega Pier. You will have to show your Zuiderdam ID and take a copy of your car rental confirmation to get past the pier security, as the rental office is inside the gated area. It's about a 10 minute walk (longer if you shop along the way). The heat can be brutal in Curacao, so be sure to wear a hat and have sun glasses/screen ready!

Oh, and the Bridge is so cool! When we backed out, everyone was waving from the streets and ferries, seeing us off. It was really a fond farewell, so make sure you are able to see the city when it is sailaway time in Curacao!

Pokeyjones, on the Avis web site it says there is a pick up at the Howard Johnson which is across the street from the floating bridge on the Otrobanda side. That should be right down the road from where we dock. We rented a car in Curacau last year so we know our way around.

I'll try to post the links in Member Reviews when I'm all done with the cruise if anyone is interested. To be honest, I'm surprised anyone is reading my ramblings.

Today's information for our day at sea can be found at http://dleighb.livejournal.com/213957.html. Tomorrow, it looks like another full day of activities including a class on towel folding. I'm such a geek because I'm very excited about this!

Today's blog can be found here: http://dleighb.livejournal.com/214019.html#cutid1

Soon, I'll be home and will review everything I've written, try to condense it some maybe and post anything I've forgotten in Member Reviews. Really can't believe some of you are actually reading it. :)

And now I must be off before I get charged for additional Internet minutes.

Thank you so much for your wonderful blog. I was onboard the Zuiderdam on the 12/27/08 sailing and you really made me feel as though I were back on board! I too LOVED Island Magic and have been enjoying their cd every day! Also, I happened to run into Cruise Director Johnny a few days ago while the ship was in Ft. Lauderdale and I can assure you that he is just as happy, pleasant, and smiling while not at work as he was onboard!!!!

Archived