Rented a Ford Expedition but will it be there?

Sapphire73

Right now we have 2 reservations for a large SUV.

Through Hertz, I reserved a GMC Yukon XL last night for a week in July.

One of my traveling companions was able to get a much better price on a Ford Expedition through Budget. She used benefits her husband has from his years in the Air Force reserves.

But here is the problem. My friend asked the agency what would happen if we arrive in Anchorage (after our cruise) and our vehicle isn't there? The answer is that they would upgrade us - to a truck! Since our group is made up of 3 couples traveling together, and we specifically want more seating space and room for luggage so not a happy prospect.

What kind of experience have you had with the car rental agencies in the Anchorage airport? Do you think we should be concerned? Are Budget and Hertz pretty comparable as to their service? What would you recommend

We had originally reserved a minivan and planned our itinerary so that we were setting up a "base camp" in Healy for several days and then in Cooper Landing in the Kenai peninsula.

Our one other option would be to pursue renting a 12 passenger van through an independent rental car company....

What would you do? :confused:

Archived