Best entertainment you've seen on Princess

IUFAN

Without a doubt for my wife and I it is BERT STRATTON!

My vote would go to the NASCAR type event with all the Seniors with their walkers and power carts heading to the Horizon Court Buffet.

Without a doubt for my wife and I it is BERT STRATTON!

I agree with you that Bert Stratton was the best single ENTERTAINER on Princess, but I believe the question was what was the best ENTERTAINMENT. One of the best production shows I've seen on my many, many Princess cruises was the one called "Piano Man". It highlighted Billy Joel, Elton John and Liberace. The music was terrific and the costumes

(especially in the Liberace segment) were spectacular. That was one of the best shows I've seen not just on a cruise ship, but anyplace else as well. If my memory serves me correctly I believe I saw that show twice, once on Diamond Princess & once on Caribbean Princess. I wouldn't mind seeing it again on another Princes cruise. ;)

I don't remember the comedian's name, but this was about 4 years ago. He had a routine that was hilarious. He had a wringer (one of those old things that wrings out water from clothes that were hand-washed) and he had a stuffed animal, a pink rabbit. The things he did with those two things were SO funny!! :D We still talk about that guy to this day!

I Love Sarge!

There was a couple, Alan and Alana, on the old Royal Princess who did some awesome musical routines and also played some Name That Tune type games. They were very talented and extremely nice.

We were on the Grand around 3 years ago or so out of Galveston. They had a hypnotist on that ship who was the funniest I ever seen. I have never laughed so hard.....This guy had another show where he had memorized both US and Canadian zip/postal codes. You could give him your address and he gave you the code or vice versa. Absolutely amazing, most entertaining but unlike him I can't even remember his name.

Griswalds

My favorite by far is the old "Rythms of the City" show when it originally came out on the Grand Princess. They had a large cast of dancers and singers, and this was when they also used the Chinese acrobats and juggers in the shows. I remember counting 34 people on stage for the final bows.

First time I saw this show was in March 2000 and this cruise is overall had the best entertainment of all my trips. Marty Allen, Dave Heenan, the Macaggis and several NY commedians were also aboard and all were excelent. This was back when on the larger Grand ships if you were early seating you could start at the main show lounge 1st show and work your way towards the stern and see 3 different shows every night with nothing repeated later in the cruise. Tons of entertainment choices.

First time I saw this show was in March 2000 and this cruise is overall had the best entertainment of all my trips. Marty Allen, Dave Heenan, the Macaggis and several NY commedians were also aboard and all were excelent. This was back when on the larger Grand ships if you were early seating you could start at the main show lounge 1st show and work your way towards the stern and see 3 different shows every night with nothing repeated later in the cruise. Tons of entertainment choices.

Onboard the Grand Marty Gave me a great signed press photo of him in his old Shtick with the New York Jets uniform on holding the football. :D

There was a hypnotist (sorry, I don't remember his name) a couple of years ago on the Sapphire Princess that was fantastic. He did a show in the Explorer's Lounge that was such a big hit, he then played the Princess Theater on the last night of the cruise. I have never laughed so hard. :D It probably helped that one of the folks we met onboard (an old friend of my companion's... small world) was the hit of the show. It's amazing what people will do...

IMO - our favorites are Sarge, the Beatlemaniacs show, and Tim Triplett the comedican hypnotist - never laughed so hard in my entire life.

I have to agree that Sarge is great, but I've never seen him on a ship. Saw him last month in Florida and we have tix again to see him end of this month, also in Florida. Is Beatlemaniacs still around, do you know?

The talented string quartet that played in the Piazza last February on the Emerald. These lovely young ladies also performed in concert one evening in Explorer's Lounge. Bravo!

"C'est Magnifique" in Vista Lounge on the Dawn, January, 2007.

Sailing on the Emerald again in 15 days!

Chris

Onboard the Grand Marty Gave me a great signed press photo of him in his old Shtick with the New York Jets uniform on holding the football. :D

Marty Allen was fantastic with the passengers, a great asset to Princess. I would sit in the buffet area late at night and read/snack and the entertainers would all gather at a nearby table. It seemed everyone walking by would stop to say something to Marty and he was always a gentlemen answering any questions. One passenger told him a joke and after he left Marty told the other that he loved it and would use it in his show. Sure enough the next night he told it, and even credited the passneger for telling it to him. Really a nice guy.

The talented string quartet that played in the Piazza last February on the Emerald. These lovely young ladies also performed in concert one evening in Explorer's Lounge. Bravo!

"C'est Magnifique" in Vista Lounge on the Dawn, January, 2007.

Sailing on the Emerald again in 15 days!

Chris

On Emerald, the strings also play (with the band) in one of

the production shows -- look for them in "I Got The Music"

The best entertainment I've seen on board as far as live bands goes, definitely has to be Wavelength. Their "So You Wanna Be A Rockstar" was very entertaining, I've seen them do this show on the Caribbean twice, the Diamond twice and the Ruby. It's always a HUGE hit and so much fun! They're pretty darn cute too ;)

Archived