Best entertainment you've seen on Princess

IUFAN

Comedian: Sarge. He did three shows on our 9 day sailing last year, and each show was more full the the previous show.

Singer: Bert - hands down. In fact I was searching to see if anyone had done a review from the "Bert Cruise" where he played for a select group who booked through a certain travel agent.

Without question, the BEST entertainment I've ever seen on a Princess cruise was the West Enders on the Sapphire Princess last April/May. They were incredible. For those who haven't heard of them, it's a group of singers who have all performed in major musicals in London's West End, hence the name of the group. They were scheduled to perform two shows and wound up giving six standing room-only performances. They were heads and tails better than any other performer or group I've seen on any cruise ship. http://www.thewestenders.com/

I missed this thread the first time around....

By far the best performance we ever saw was on our Manaus to Rome cruise on the old Royal Princess in 2005. One stop was Dakar, Senegal and there was a single performance by the Ballet National du Senegal in the afternoon. The showroom was completely packed and the show was fantastic.

We also enjoyed the steel pan player Robert Symons when we were on the Golden Princess in October 2001.

By far the best performance we ever saw was on our Manaus to Rome cruise on the old Royal Princess in 2005. One stop was Dakar, Senegal and there was a single performance by the Ballet National du Senegal in the afternoon. The showroom was completely packed and the show was fantastic.
I agree.... absolutely the BEST folklore show I've ever seen anywhere. I don't go to folklore shows any more no matter where they are because there is absolutely no way they could compare or be better than the Senegalese folklore show.

I Love Sarge!

There was a couple, Alan and Alana, on the old Royal Princess who did some awesome musical routines and also played some Name That Tune type games. They were very talented and extremely nice.

They were on Sea Princess last April - believe they are still on her.

Being a senior and being a pushy, selfish, senior are two different things. He was referring to the latter.

Regards,

T Tail

I don't know where some seniors get their entitlement mentality, but in general they seem to be as bad as teenagers when it comes to self aggrandizement and lack of respect for the presence of others. Maybe it's that reverting to childhood thing?

Seniors are just teenagers in old skin.

A must see show is 'Once Upon A dream' on the Ruby

We just booked the Sapphire for March 7 and Phoenix Rising are on until the 21st of March, we also enjoy dancing to them very much, we chose the Sapphire sailing for that reason.

I am SO happy to hear that. We are also on this sailing (Sapphire 3/9) and the music is all important to us. I was trying to find out what was in store. Haven't seen Phoenix Rising - can't wait!! Thanks for the post.

We just booked the Sapphire for March 7 and Phoenix Rising are on until the 21st of March, we also enjoy dancing to them very much, we chose the Sapphire sailing for that reason.

My mistake, sailing is 3/7, not 3/9. But I forgot to ask you - how do you know that Phoenix Rising is on the Sapphire until 3/21? Is there a way you can find specific entertainers on specific ships? We are looking for Mauritzio. He used to play on the Grand out of Galveston (did not see him then) but we saw him twice when we were in the Med - LOVE him. Any advice on finding entertainers?

My mistake, sailing is 3/7, not 3/9. But I forgot to ask you - how do you know that Phoenix Rising is on the Sapphire until 3/21? Is there a way you can find specific entertainers on specific ships? We are looking for Mauritzio. He used to play on the Grand out of Galveston (did not see him then) but we saw him twice when we were in the Med - LOVE him. Any advice on finding entertainers?

Hi......i call the entertainment dept to find out who the musicans are before we book as the dancing is what we cruise for.........we have been with Phoenix Rising twice and really enjoy them, if you like to dance i am sure you will be pleased.

We are also huge Maurizio fans, we have not sailed with him since the inagaural cruise of the Crown and i don't know where he is now or if he is still with Princess, he was going back on the Grand when he left the Crown, sadly Princess is cutting a lot of their best musicans, hopefully he is not among them.

I just saw that you asked about Odysea being on the trans alantic crossing, i don't know about that but am sure that they are also on our 3/7 sailing of the Sapphire....you may be extremely pleased.........hope so

Moritzio is on The Grand at the moment.

I am SO happy to hear that. We are also on this sailing (Sapphire 3/9) and the music is all important to us. I was trying to find out what was in store. Haven't seen Phoenix Rising - can't wait!! Thanks for the post.

If you enjoy dancing or just listening to fantastic music then the Wheelhouse Bar is the place to be. " Phoenix Rising" will be there everynight and they also might be playing in the atrium for the Champagn Waterfall.... They play a wide range of music, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I agree.... absolutely the BEST folklore show I've ever seen anywhere. I don't go to folklore shows any more no matter where they are because there is absolutely no way they could compare or be better than the Senegalese folklore show.

Pam, I thought you might agree with me on this. We continue to go to the folkloric shows, but nothing has ever come close to matching the Senegalese performance.

We'd probably also agree on the worst entertainers (last heard on the new Royal). :eek:

If you enjoy dancing or just listening to fantastic music then the Wheelhouse Bar is the place to be. " Phoenix Rising" will be there everynight and they also might be playing in the atrium for the Champagn Waterfall.... They play a wide range of music, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the info!!

I just saw that you asked about Odysea being on the trans alantic crossing, i don't know about that but am sure that they are also on our 3/7 sailing of the Sapphire....you may be extremely pleased.........hope so

Well, life couldn't get any better than that!! Hope to see you on ship. BTW, could you tell me how to get in touch with the entertainment department? I have tried to find out similar info from calling the main Princess number, and they will not divulge. Do you have a special phone number or web link? Thanks for the info! The excitement level is building.........

Archived