Do you continue to chat on old roll calls?

cctn

After completing a cruise and meeting all your Roll Call Chat-Mates for that particular cruise, do you continue to keep in touch via that original roll call? or do you just stop and go on to your next new roll call? or do you continue your friendship via private emails? Corkey Carol

I have continued one from a Nov 07 cruise - infact, 90% of us from that roll call have started another one since we are doing a reunion cruise this Mar 09 on the same ship, the Explorer, same route!! My other roll calls have gone to roll call heaven and one is still going but I have not contributed to it . Corkey Carol

After completing a cruise and meeting all your Roll Call Chat-Mates for that particular cruise, do you continue to keep in touch via that original roll call? or do you just stop and go on to your next new roll call? or do you continue your friendship via private emails? Corkey Carol

After a cruise we usually post on the orginal roll call for a while after the cruise. We also have the private emails to chat with. It all depends on how well you interact and continue on after the cruise. Planning a new cruise is great if you all get along and want to continue. We have met some great people in these boards and have learned many new things and ideas.

I have continued one from a Nov 07 cruise - infact, 90% of us from that roll call have started another one since we are doing a reunion cruise this Mar 09 on the same ship, the Explorer, same route!! My other roll calls have gone to roll call heaven and one is still going but I have not contributed to it . Corkey Carol

That must have been a lucky month! The people we met from our roll call have become very dear and special friends. Our reunion cruise was Nov. 08, and we are already chatting about this year's cruise.

The Nov. '08 roll call is still active as there were a few new friends we met. We also email and use AIM voice chat.

Carole

It's fun to keep up with old Roll Call friends - and to make new ones. Sometimes Newbies come into the roll call asking us questions re: our former cruise -- then they become a permanent fixture and we consider them good friends. Corkey Carol

• 1 month later...

Our roll call from Nov 2007 just hit 3,000 posts, and about 2/3 of that was between myself and another, AFTER we got back...LOL! And yes, I have a number of email addresses from people on that cruise.

Now I am part of a CC cruise group, so always lots of action before and after...have made some wonderful friends from that group! Penguin, maybe that's your answer is to book with a group!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Our roll call from Nov 2007 just hit 3,000 posts, and about 2/3 of that was between myself and another, AFTER we got back...LOL! And yes, I have a number of email addresses from people on that cruise.

Now I am part of a CC cruise group, so always lots of action before and after...have made some wonderful friends from that group! Penguin, maybe that's your answer is to book with a group!:)

My Nov 07 roll call from the Explorer continues - it's slower now but we check in once in a while. It's fun when you meet via the Roll Calls - then meet in person - I would think since you have now met in person, to continue the roll call and the friendship, if you were able to really connect during your cruise. Carol

• 3 months later...
I seem to get on the roll calls without anyone who's much interested in chatting. Maybe I should choose my cruise based on how active the roll call is rather than the price or the itinerary?

No, I think most people are excited about their cruise-so they gnat to chat-but once the cruise is over-they lose interest. You know, everything has already been said.

• 1 month later...

I sure hate the threads where you post and no one comments on it -for example, 6 could post something and everyone will comment on the 5 posters and exclude one all the time - ok - so obviously, you STOP posting on that particular thread! ha!ha! Corkey

I tend to check back in on the roll calls. And will continue to chat if the others post. I find most people move on to the next roll call. It is everyone's choice.

But I do like keeping in touch. And have made some special friends through cruise critic.

Rianvi:)

I tend to check back in on the roll calls. And will continue to chat if the others post. I find most people move on to the next roll call. It is everyone's choice.

But I do like keeping in touch. And have made some special friends through cruise critic.

Rianvi:)

Some of us want the old Roll Call to continue since we spent so much time on it before the cruise - I have two that are like that and we seem to be doing ok - of course there's only 20% who chat, but that's ok - it's nice to keep in touch that way - Corkey

Usually keep an old Roll Call going for about a month after the cruise as members post pics. This year we're fortunate that many Roll Call shipmates from the last cruise have booked a "reunion" cruise. The current Roll Call feels like a "part 2" sequel. :)

Usually keep an old Roll Call going for about a month after the cruise as members post pics. This year we're fortunate that many Roll Call shipmates from the last cruise have booked a "reunion" cruise. The current Roll Call feels like a "part 2" sequel. :)

We just did that - go on a Reunion cruise in 2009 with the folks we met in 2007 - we still have the old old Roll call - and the 2009 one as well - plus email and Facebook!! Carol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hi all!

My first RC from Oct. 2006 on the Rotterdam continues to this day yet my last cruise in April 2009 finished right after the cruise. My 2nd RC from Oct. 2008 is quite active! Funny how that goes, eh?

Carol ~ see you over on our current RC.:D

~Jo~ :)

Hi Jo -

when some of our roll calls are dwindling down, someone will go on and ask where everyone is - and all of a sudden - a lot of the former posters will pipe in and chat for a while!! I guess some will lurk and not post until someone else does -- it's kinda' fun to keep the threads going as long as possible - instead of talking about the cruise they shared, they talk about their cruises that they are presently booked on and compare itineraries. Corkey Carol

Archived