Westin Coral Gables

swigso

Hi,

Has anyone any opinions of the Westin Coral Gables,

we are arriving from the Uk for 3 days pre cruise and don't rally want to use a car, what is it like to get around Miami from this area and is the hotel really a 4 star, the reviews are very mixed.

Thanks for your help.

I got this hotel off hotwire for 107 dollars a night for 4 people for 2 nights for our Feb 8th Valor cruise.its a prety nice place and the area is very trendy.You will enjoy it.The reviews are about 10 good ones for every bad one.You will never keep everyone happy. If its a Westin its a pretty fancy place..Go to Hotwire and book the hotel .I think its at 108 dollars a night right now.Miami is hurting with the recession on so they want to fill the rooms up .Its the 4 star in Coral gables/Coconut grove.thesawch

I got this hotel off hotwire for 107 dollars a night for 4 people for 2 nights for our Feb 8th Valor cruise.its a prety nice place and the area is very trendy.You will enjoy it.The reviews are about 10 good ones for every bad one.You will never keep everyone happy. If its a Westin its a pretty fancy place..Go to Hotwire and book the hotel .I think its at 108 dollars a night right now.Miami is hurting with the recession on so they want to fill the rooms up .Its the 4 star in Coral gables/Coconut grove.thesawch

I appreciate your help , could you post a wuick review after your stay, it would be most helpful

Thanks

Steve

And indeed it was The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables for $128.11 TOTAL!!

I quickly went to their site to "fake book" and the rate is right their around $484.00. Wow what a savings..... THANKS for sharing the hotwire deal.

• 1 month later...

I just got the Westin on Priceline as well...with taxes

and fees 121.00:D for April 15th.

I hope those of you who return in the next couple of months

post reviews for the rest of us.:)

It certainly looks like a lovely property:)

I just got the Westin on Priceline as well...with taxes

and fees 121.00:D for April 15th.

I hope those of you who return in the next couple of months

post reviews for the rest of us.:)

It certainly looks like a lovely property:)

We just returned after our one night stay at the Westin. Nice, nice, nice. We arrived about 10:30 am and were actually in our room by 11 o'clock. The ONLY downside was the cab fare from the POM ~ $37.10 plus the tip $40.00! I was shocked! Oh, well. We experienced one closed off ramp that took us out of the way. We were quoted $27 - $30 by the driver. Other than that it was a nice place to stay. We didn't do too much in the area but take a cab to the Sunset Mall to watch a couple of movies. The weather yesterday in Miami was cool so, we didn't want to wander around too far.

I would stay there again!

We just returned after our one night stay at the Westin. Nice, nice, nice. We arrived about 10:30 am and were actually in our room by 11 o'clock. The ONLY downside was the cab fare from the POM ~ $37.10 plus the tip $40.00! I was shocked! Oh, well. We experienced one closed off ramp that took us out of the way. We were quoted $27 - $30 by the driver. Other than that it was a nice place to stay. We didn't do too much in the area but take a cab to the Sunset Mall to watch a couple of movies. The weather yesterday in Miami was cool so, we didn't want to wander around too far.

I would stay there again!

Thanks for the reply and glad you had a good stay:)

I will be prepared to pay the 40.00:rolleyes: but the hotel

told me the same thing (I called) and they said about 30.00

to the port.

Oh well is right;)

Archived