All Things PCD (Post cruise depression)

So I went on the Freedom of the seas in July and ever since i left the boat, i have been suffering from what i like to call post cruise depression. I find it kind of strange that PCD has last seven months for me now:(. Has anyone else had this for a long period of time?

Any Suggestions on how to cure it (other than booking another cruise)?

I dont feel motivated to do anything! i just want my ship back:)

Feel free to post anything related to PCD

We went to Alaska in May/June for our 10th anniv. I have been not just having PCD but PAD Post Alaska Depression. I TiVO anything and everything Alaska just to be able to see it again, even get a bit weepy when I see things on TV that I saw when we were there. I crave everything cruise ship, from the smell to the rocking of the seas. I think its the little bit of Norwegian in my blood

I got off my last cruise one month ago I was having PCD but not as bad as usual (could be because I was on Holland, not Rccl:o) but still some pcd. Until about a week later my hubby said he was taking me on LIBERTY of the seas in March. However, believe it or not, I am already having PCD from Liberty and I haven't even been on her yet. So I am planning another one, just the planning makes me feel better. I guess my point is if you want a less severe case of PCD go on a cruise that isn't your favorite;)

My SIL and I went on The Voyager in 2/2000 she STILLS suffers from PCD!!!!!

good news the EOS is on the horizen for her :)

This made me laugh :D,

Glad to know that i am not the only one going through this right now haha!

Love hearing all of your stories.

For now i am on the hunt for a cure.

The cure to PCD!

IT SHOULD BE A FUN JOURNEY

(i hope :o)

I live vicariously through the so many others on here that can afford to cruise much more often that I can. Sadly, I don't see myself cruising for a good 5 years or so, unless my parents decide to be nice and take me along (which is possible, because my mom is itching to cruise again, and my dad is not so much). My husband and I are both in graduate/professional school, so money and vacation time is scarce.

Oh that PCD, it's awful. Like other posters have said, I think 1) planning a cruise, and 2) making a reservation, are just about the only way to get through it, from what I've experienced. I don't have a cruise booked right now, but to kill time until I do, I'm constantly on Cruise Critic, looking at cruise brochures, cruise DVDs, and looking at email specials in my inbox. Until I get a countdown clock on my page (LOL) I'm restless. ;)

I just got off Liberty.... it hit me hard last night.... I go to school in Ottawa, and I was driving to Toronto and then flying here, so I had 2 nights between the cruise and getting back to real life.... so it hadn't really hit me.

ahh well.....

Archived