Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary - closed???

smooth_sailin

Does anyone know if the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary in Christ Church parish is closed? According to a post on the organization's website, as of December 16 the sanctuary was closed.

This was to be one of the highlights of our cruise, as DH and I are avid birders. :(

If anyone has knowledge, can you confirm or refute this? Also, if you know of any plans to offer limited access for birders/nature lovers, I'd sure love to know that. Perhaps a local guide with access??

TIA (with fingers crossed),

D from NJ

Does anyone know if the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary in Christ Church parish is closed?

According to a post on the organization's website, as of December 16 the sanctuary was closed.

This was to be one of the highlights of our cruise, as DH and I are avid birders. :(

If anyone has knowledge, can you confirm or refute this? ===> Confirmed.

Also, if you know of any plans to offer limited access for birders/nature lovers,

I'd sure love to know that. Perhaps a local guide with access??

Yes, the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary is now closed...sorry.

There's a track just East of the Sanctuary's commercial entrance..

Just before you get to the house next door to the Police Sta.

walk up there aways and you might see Yellow Birds up in the tall mangroves

..thing is they're the exact same colour as the Mangrove's yellowed leaves, and hard to spot!

There are other ways into the area generally! ;)

SJCh-33Dove.jpg

Zenaida aurita ..in church!!

You need to talk to Martin Frost

mfrost (at) hornabbot.bb

Tell him David H. sent you!

MY email is pcdoctor (at) caribsurf dot com

Thanks for the reply, and for posting the photo - very cool. I guess we'll just have to get our "beach on" in Barbados instead, like everyone else. Not such a bad thing... :rolleyes:

We will check out the mangroves for Yellow Birds by the tracks, as you suggest, and keep our eyes open for anything else on the way to/from Accra Beach.

Happy travels,

D from NJ

I'm new to these boards, but I remember on the last cruise we took on the Carnival Destiny a few years ago, my children and I went to the Barbados Wildlife Refuge (is that the right name?). Very nice, lots of animals. You may want to try there for bird watching.

I'm new to these boards, but I remember on the last cruise we took on the Carnival Destiny a few years ago, my children and I went to the Barbados Wildlife Refuge (is that the right name?). Very nice, lots of animals. You may want to try there for bird watching.

Its called the Barbados Wildlife Reserve....No its not the same place

Yes I know it's not the same place, but was suggesting that maybe this would be an alternative to the closed Graeme Hall Sanctuary. Does anyone know if it might reopen.

It is a viable alternative.

Not sure if Graeme Hall will reopen...The owner is trying to get financial assistance fron the government to assist in the running of the Sanctuary. Right now with the economic situation as it is all over the world....it does not bode very well for its reopening:(....but we are all hoping

Archived