What hotels are on 17th Street besides Embassy and Hyatt which are booked

rickdeni

I have tried online at their sites and at Expedia, etc.and cannot get a room for February 26th at either the Hyatt or Embassy Suites. What other hotels are close and does anyone know why they are booked solid already? Thanks!!!

I have checked the Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express and Grande Hotel - no rooms. This is not spring break time so I can't understand that everything is booked. I will check Extended Stay but am not really crazy about them. Any other hotels?

If you can not find anything close rent a car at Budget on 17 st causeway and when you are ready drop off car there and they will take you to port . I would call and make sure BUT they do have pickup at port

Opps I forgot this one

Ramada Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

2275 SR 84 FORT LAUDERDALE FL US 33312

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33312

Complimentary shuttle is available to port

There is a Comfort Inn/Suites on S. Federal Hwy 2 blocks from 17th St. It gets really mixed reviews, but it is really close to Harbor Shops. Hyatt Pier 66 is also on 17th St., on the east side of the bridge, on the intracoastal.

If you can't get on 17th St, look for something by the beach (it's actually on the same road, but it turns north and becomes A1A). These are on the south end: Sheraton Yankee Clipper, Marriott Harbor Beach, Lago Mar, Courtyard Marriott, Bahia Mar.

its been a while but isnt there an AmeriSuites somewhere there...

It is now a Hilton Garden Inn.

This is not spring break time so I can't understand that everything is booked.

rickdeni

It may not be 'spring break', but it is 'winter break' in many areas.

its been a while but isnt there an AmeriSuites somewhere there...next to Outback?? Maybe I am crazy

Actually that is the Hyatt Place now. I'm not sure if the OP checked for availability there or the Hyatt Pier 66, as they are both on 17th St., but I assumed they meant the Hyatt Place because it is so close to Embassy Suites.

How about staying a little outside of downtown FLL? There's a Westin that is on Cypress Creek (northern part of FLL) that is nice as well as a Sheraton Suites that is in the same area. I have family that have stayed at both and enjoyed each property. From 17th street it's about a 15 minute ride north and maybe not booked since it's not in the heart of FLL.

I have checked the Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express and Grande Hotel - no rooms. This is not spring break time so I can't understand that everything is booked. I will check Extended Stay but am not really crazy about them. Any other hotels?

It is peak season in South Florida. Kids don't have to be out of school for hotels to be busy. Many Europeans and South Americans flock to South Florida during this time.

See the sticky "Important South Florida Dates" at the top of this forum.

Originally Posted by cruiserbryce

its been a while but isnt there an AmeriSuites somewhere there...

Originally Posted by KreinKrunker

It is now a Hilton Garden Inn.

Actually that is the Hyatt Place now.

OPPS! I got my H hotels (Hyatt/Hilton) mixed up.

Archived