A Great Deal!

bobpatj

Our TA called us this afternoon. She had received a fax from HAL offering her "clients" on our Jan. 25, 2005 SA cruise, the opportunity to give up that sailing for wonderful deals on two other itineraries. (I guess that cruise must be oversold.) We booked the cruise last Feb., but this "deal" was so good, that we changed to the Jan. 5, 2005 Antarctica cruise! A good cabin was available and the extra 4 days are FREE! Unbelievable! I'm anxious to hear from those of you who have sailed the Antarctica itinerary. Wow!

Pat,

Great new for you and also fortunate that you were able to change dates.

If you go to the Ports Board and look under South America you will find lots of information.

We are looking forward to hearing your review on your return as we are going in January, 2006 on a different cruise line but will be interested to hear your comments.

Jennie.

Pat-Congratulations! You will love the Antarctica cruise-truly an experience of a life-time. Aussiegal gave you good advice: check out the South America section in thPorts of Call section. Also, if you are going to be visiting Brazil, get cracking on getting your visas-US Citizens have to have visas to enter Brazil. You all are in store for a treat!

Pat! I'm so excited for you and your good fortune! Christmas came early (or is coming a bit late?) this year.

This was the absolute best cruise of all the cruises I have taken. If you enjoy it only half as much it will still be better than anything you've ever done. (Including meeting me! :D No pride in my family---I've got it all!)

What would you like to know about this itinerary? I'll be happy to talk about it again, (and again, and again, and...). If you want me to e-mail you about it post so and I will. (I still have your addy from last summer.)

OOOOO! I'm so excited I can't stand it!

Last year we were only able to get our visas for Brazil during the last 90 days prior to the cruise. Hope you have them in the works. If you go to the embassy in LA (In the Larry Flint Building:eek: ) it will take about a week to be processed.

Have a fabulous trip!:cool:

Thank you for all your good wishes! My only concern right now is that we've already sent our visa forms, etc., to the Embassy in DC, so our flight info and hotel info will not be correct. I hope that won't be a problem! We will lose an extra day in BA but gain one in Rio. We hadn't started booking our shore excursions yet, thank goodness, but we really wanted to go to a tango show in BA. The itinerary says that we sail at 8 pm, so do we have to miss this opportunity? We don't have our booking number yet, I assume they change it, so I can't check out what's available in BA. RuthC, I don't have your new e-mail address, so let me hear from you and I'll ask away!

Pat, I just sent you an e-mail that included a cut from notes I wrote after that cruise. Please read it over for what helps and ignore the rest. Then ask me anything else I could try and answer.

I said at the time---and still say---I could talk about that cruise forever. Someday I hope to do it again.

Archived