3pm to 10pm

Kid Sensation

Hey everybody -

Just need a little advice on what to do in San Juan Feb 2nd between 3pm-10pm.

Here is what I have so far -

Walking tour of Old San Juan. El Morro etc. . .

What else?

There are 4 of us all early 40's and fit.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Here are some ideas, in addition to walking around Old San Juan ...

Take a rum-tasting tour in OSJ.

How about riding a Segway through OSJ?

You could consider the biobay in Fajardo, though getting back to the ship by 10pm might be cutting it a bit close.

There's the El Yunque National Forest (aka rain forest).

Zipline canopy tour (day or night) in Guaynabo, about 30 minutes south of the San Juan area.

You could try hang gliding on the south side of El Yunque.

Go see the Juan Carlos Flamenco show at Escambron Beach Club.

Hope this helps!

Hey everybody -

Just need a little advice on what to do in San Juan Feb 2nd between 3pm-10pm.

Here is what I have so far -

Walking tour of Old San Juan. El Morro etc. . .

What else?

There are 4 of us all early 40's and fit.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I assume since you want to see El Morro fort, that means you want to stay in OSJ for the night. In Feb, the forts close at 6pm and most museums close at 4:30 or so, much or the shopping closes at 5-6pm also (though there will be some stores open until 9pm).

My suggestion:

Go to a museum (I recommend Museum of the Americas), then go to El Morro. Then walk around through the city doing down Calle Cristo and Fortaleza. Do some shopping, stop at the Cathedral, see the Capela del Cristo/Pigeon Park. etc.

Then get to Segway for the 6pm 2 hr tour.(Make reservations soon!).

Afterwards, find a place to eat, then continue walking around- along the Paseo de la Princesa and area.

Here is the first part of our 3 part suggested walking tour:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/old-san-juan-walking-tour-1/

Read them all, then pick and choose what you would like to see.

And the Museums in OSJ:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/old-san-juan-museums/

You will be tried but happy with the visit by the end of the day!

I assume since you want to see El Morro fort, that means you want to stay in OSJ for the night. In Feb, the forts close at 6pm and most museums close at 4:30 or so, much or the shopping closes at 5-6pm also (though there will be some stores open until 9pm).

Thank you so much for your plan. I love it. We are coming in on a cruise ship and only can be in San Juan from 3 to 10. Does this timetable work with your suggested plan?

Thanks again -

Mat

Are they still having the folkloric performances at San Cristobal on Tuesdays?

Yes- it is a great show (especially for only the $3 fort admission)- try to get there a bit early and explore the fort!. I have a "must see" of the fort post coming soon to my blog.

We made it to the LeLoLai show recently (you even get to see me dancing on the new post (how embarrassing!)) But it is a must see if you are in town on a Tuesday.

Thank you so much for your plan. I love it. We are coming in on a cruise ship and only can be in San Juan from 3 to 10. Does this timetable work with your suggested plan?

Thanks again - Mat

Yes Mat- I actually designed it just for you and your 3-10 schedule, so you can do things before they close. 1st the museum 3:30-4:15p, then the forts 4:20-5:15p, then stores (not too much time, just quicky in and out on the way down the hill), then Segway 6pm-8pm, then food 8:15 ....oops- ran out of time to walk around, but you will be tired by then anyway!.

Enjoy!

Bad news guys..... I heard last week that the Le Lo Lai show is not happening at the moment.

Hopefully it will restart by the time of your cruise.

Turftoe- these other posters are in port for a day stop, so they don;t have their luggage.

But if you are coming into PR for embarkation, there are a few things you can do with your luggage.

All the ships will let you drop off your luggage/check in by about 12n-1pm. Then you can leave the ship and do your touring.

Or there are 2 places in OSJ that will hold you bags: Barrachina Restaurant and Audio Guia. Both are walking distance to Pier 3/4. The catch there is you need to get your bags before 4:30p or so.

• 1 month later...

Archived