Will we lose assigned cabin for price drop?

Freckles_51

I have read many threads here about cruisers getting credits, OBC etc. due to sales, and price drops etc., however I would like to know if you risk the chance of losing the cabin that you had booked when you ask for the lower price?

We booked a balcony cabin for 3 people through a local TA and have a desirable cabin on the Lido deck, however I just looked today and that same category is available using a senior code for $120 less for the cabin ($60 ea less for guest 1 & 2).

Last time I discussed this possibility with our TA she told us that we would have to cancel our booking and then rebook, and during that time between cancelling and re-booking, someone else may book the cabin we had, and that cabins for 3 people are limited so we may end up with a cabin in a less desirable location. Is that the case? Has anyone experienced this?

If it makes a difference, final payment is not due until beginning of March 2009.

Thanks.

I have read many threads here about cruisers getting credits, OBC etc. due to sales, and price drops etc., however I would like to know if you risk the chance of losing the cabin that you had booked when you ask for the lower price?

We booked a balcony cabin for 3 people through a local TA and have a desirable cabin on the Lido deck, however I just looked today and that same category is available using a senior code for $120 less for the cabin ($60 ea less for guest 1 & 2).

Last time I discussed this possibility with our TA she told us that we would have to cancel our booking and then rebook, and during that time between cancelling and re-booking, someone else may book the cabin we had, and that cabins for 3 people are limited so we may end up with a cabin in a less desirable location. Is that the case? Has anyone experienced this?

If it makes a difference, final payment is not due until beginning of March 2009.

Thanks.

I don't know how it works with a TA because we book directly with the cruiseline but "anytime" there has been a drop before final payment we were able to get the reduced price and keep the cabin we had selected.

AS long as you're not in the penalty period and you are staying in the same room, there is no reason to have to cancel and rebook. The price drop should just be applied to your account either as a refund or as OBC. In your case I would assume refun to Credit Card since you're not in the penalty period yet, or paid in full yet I assume???

If the price drop is for the assigned category (i.e. NOT for the guarantee), then your TA should be able to get the price drop. Some people say they have a price drop and ask for it, when in fact its the guarantee they booked that dropped, not the category now assigned. (just wanted to clarify what you meant as one lady was very upset to lose her free upgrade).

If the price drop is for the assigned category (i.e. NOT for the guarantee), then your TA should be able to get the price drop. Some people say they have a price drop and ask for it, when in fact its the guarantee they booked that dropped, not the category now assigned. (just wanted to clarify what you meant as one lady was very upset to lose her free upgrade).

When we booked we received a 2 level upgrade (past guest) so booked at 8B price and received 8D.

It is not a BL guarantee nor 8B/8D "guarantee", we selected the cabin no. from the available list, so it is "assigned".

The price for 8B at that time was $979 ea. for guest 1 & 2. That is what we paid for 8D.

Now, the price for 8D (which we have) using senior rate is $919 ea. I'm assuming that it is the 8D price that we should watch and compare with what we paid, correct?

We have not paid in full yet but have paid more than the required deposit because we wanted to pay in installments.

It's possible that the TA may have described what happens when they have a one day sale "for new bookings only". I don't think that's the case with the senoir rate. I've tried to contact her but she isn't returning my calls - I'll keep trying ;)

Thanks

Thanks for your help. The TA came through for us, we have the new price, same cabin. :D

She also mentioned the fuel surcharge, which I thought was automatically removed now, but she said Carnival will notify us about 1 month before our final payment is due as to whether or not the fuel surcharge is to be removed :confused:

Oh well....we are still happy :D

When we booked we received a 2 level upgrade (past guest) so booked at 8B price and received 8D.

It is not a BL guarantee nor 8B/8D "guarantee", we selected the cabin no. from the available list, so it is "assigned".

The price for 8B at that time was $979 ea. for guest 1 & 2. That is what we paid for 8D.

Now, the price for 8D (which we have) using senior rate is $919 ea. I'm assuming that it is the 8D price that we should watch and compare with what we paid, correct?

We have not paid in full yet but have paid more than the required deposit because we wanted to pay in installments.

It's possible that the TA may have described what happens when they have a one day sale "for new bookings only". I don't think that's the case with the senoir rate. I've tried to contact her but she isn't returning my calls - I'll keep trying ;)

Thanks

Yes, you got it down pat now. Looks to me like Carnival is having a free upgrade sale now though, so that's why the TA could get the price drop, the upgrade is free now too. (might be better using DP3 code for past guest rather than PSE for senior.)

might be better using DP3 code for past guest rather than PSE for senior

Not this time, not on our cruise ;)

We used DP3 for the original booking, that's how we booked 8D for the price of 8B. PSE is the lower rate right now :D

And now, still using the senior rate, guest 3 is $50 less. Just called my TA. She will call Carnival.....but she didn't sound too happy about it. I'm assuming we are at her mercy if there are more price drops, we'll only get it if she feels like calling Carnival. Next cruise....PVP.....We live and learn :o

Archived