Are there still coffee makers?

sdfamily

We are on the Pearl in two connecting aft mini-suites in October. Somewhere (of course I can't find it now), I read that they removed all the coffee makers.

Please tell me there will be a coffee maker in our room. If I bring my own coffee, any idea of what kind of filter? Are they the same kind of mini-coffee makers in hotel rooms?

Thanks for your help! The coffee on Princess was horrible. ;)

Where did you read they've been removed? They were still on board on our last cruise on the Dawn. Except for full suites.....they have Espresso machines.

They are hotel style 4 cup coffee makers using packets. You can request as many as you like.

Princess coffee......I agree 100%! That syrup coffee is terrible.

The only disappointment I had on the Sky was the lack of a coffee maker. I brought my own, and filters (big round ones even though the pots are smaller) and was just crushed that there was no pot in my room.

I had coffee on Pearl, Gem, Star, Sun and Spirit, Jade when it was Pride of Hawaii and also on Pride of America. I hope that Sky's lack of coffee pots is specific to that ship only; it's one of the things that sets NCL apart for me, it's a generous, decent, welcoming amenity. I didn't enjoy waiting an hour for room service when it was busy and I'm sure the servers didn't like all their coffee-only runs either.

Boy, I sure hope it isn't discontinued!

Jana

Does the Jade have coffee makers or kettles in their Balcony Staterooms? We were on the Jewel last year & had a kettle which we were delighted with as we could make our own cups of very British tea!!!! Thank you:)

Archived