Can you call and ask for a upsell?

Suni99

Toyz, do you know that if you call to upgrade, will they apply the new booking promotions?

this is where im at:

I am in a BA aft, I noticed an AE aft is available, so if i change would I qualify for the higher OBc etc?

according to all the reports, it varies..

some have said they lose the OBCs they had, some say they gained OBCs. you are just going to have to see what they offer and how they are willing to handle the new booking.

suni...an aft mini is available this close to cruise? my friends said they were told no more were? may i ask what #?

no hun, it is an AE on deck 8

my pcc is no where to be found, so i might just call and ask a random rep.

If you have friends looking for a room, have them check back often on ncl, rooms become available alot due to cancelations and upgrades, i did see one Af mini this morning but it looks to have been sold, your looking for a mini? what dates knj?

you can call and ask to pay for an upgrade. you may or may not like the new pricing.

True upsells are the result of NCL calling you. You can not call them.

WAHHHHHH, but i wanna call them...:D

Suni.. when we got back from our last cruise in an AE Aft, I decided I wanted to give the AD a try on our next cruise so I called and upgraded to the AD and we did get the current OBC promo that was going on at that time. We did not have any promo before, so there was nothing for us to loose.

suni...is there a website w/ the available rooms or do u have 2 call? do u remember which aft mini it was? my friends were looking

I go into NCL.com and do a search, idk which number room it was, i was searching for my cruise date, if yours is the same they had one open, i will go and look again

looked like they have and AG deck 11 faith

Toyz, do you know that if you call to upgrade, will they apply the new booking promotions?

this is where im at:

I am in a BA aft, I noticed an AE aft is available, so if i change would I qualify for the higher OBc etc?

I did this last week for a Dawn cruise next week. Went from an AF to an AD paying the current (although reduced) price difference. I aslo qualified for the current promotion as well as the credit card OBC that I had.

Just wondering, I have seen a room I would be interested in upgrading too on our sailing, can I call and ask for an upsell?

I called the upsell desk yesterday (8 days before sailing) and was offered an upgrade from BE to AB on the Jade for about 30% of last known rate difference between the two categories. I was so excited and and didn't even think to negotiate at all but I am very happy anyway. Good luck!!!

I am not sure what your asking or how to figure it out? We booked a BD GTY - and were assigned a few days ago to a BA. We paid 599.00 pp and now we paid an additional 250.00 pp - bringing it to 849.00 pp - the cabin is going for 1399.00 right now and when i originally booked the BD it was 1499.00. Does that answer your question?

I am not sure what your asking or how to figure it out? We booked a BD GTY - and were assigned a few days ago to a BA. We paid 599.00 pp and now we paid an additional 250.00 pp - bringing it to 849.00 pp - the cabin is going for 1399.00 right now and when i originally booked the BD it was 1499.00. Does that answer your question?

Do you know how much the new cabin (AD) is selling for?

Right now - i just checked NCL's website (who we booked through) it is at 1299.00 pp

Very Nice!!!

It looks like you paid about 36% of the actual price difference between the two categories ($1299 current AD price - $599 original balcony price = $700 difference => $250/$700 = 36%)

So you got a great deal too! From my research on this CC board, 25-50% seems to be the typical range depending on how much they want to move people to higher categories.

Archived