Cococay Reviews

Absolutely worth the trip. I loved Coco Cay. It's a beautiful little slice of paradise. Just a great beach day to play or snorkel or laze about doing nothing. Snorkeling was pretty good....the plane has lots of fish and the area in front of that to the left is good too.

Your chairs are waiting. :D

2587734020100082454S600x600Q85.jpg

Prefer shade?

2808845350100082454S600x600Q85.jpg

Only time I went was the absolute best. I would take that over a port that I have seen before anytime. We were in the water on the floats when the waiters came into the water with drinks on a tray. It doesn't get any better than that! The B-B-Q was tops, the music and limbo a blast. I say go for it. I know I am.... I'll be there in 2 weeks!

It is absolutely beautiful and we would head there again in a heartbeat. My DH did lots of snorkelling and saw tons of fish and 7 huge rays swimming below him. We took a walk over to Wanderer's beach and it felt like we were on a deserted island :) We saw a ton of starfish in the most gorgeous colours (without needing any snorkelling stuff) and saw a shark just off the shore (about 100-150 feet away) which was about 4-5 feet long. Just amazing!

139.jpg.bb924bd5c72a89d4194b00b6f3f801a7.jpg

137.jpg.0613960edb512ed32f4cc8372c5b1587.jpg

Consider when you want to be there. We have been there is September and the water is warm. We were just there for New Years and the water temp was 75 degrees. Few people were snorkeling. We also had a rain storm come up (this is not the season for such things) and we went back to the ship before the deluge. It is a great place, but so weather dependent. It has a similar weather pattern to South Florida where we live.Do you have other options?

It is my favorite place to stop. Have been there 3 times....we have been lucky and not missed it any of the times we were on the cruises to stop there! There is alot to do there or you can just relax and do nothing at all! We did the wave runner tour once and that was alot of fun and the other times just relaxed and swam and enjoyed the BBQ! It was yummy!

Gorgeous, gorgeous. We actually like Coco Cay better than Royal's other private island Labadee. Snorkeling is really good - saw a huge stingray last time and so many types of fish. Just a great place with beautiful calm water and pristine beaches. Beats Nassau all to heck!!

We did the nature hike. It was very nice, but wear decent shoes because it is rocky and uneven. We were there in August and it was hot on the trail, make sure you have water.

My pictures are here ...

The lovely pictures above where there were not 9 million people jammed together are a little ways off from the main beach. You can get there if you start the nature trail and then take the little trail to the left. There is a beach there with some chairs, a picnic table or 2 and very few people.

Otherwise it looks like this...

2302636885_d05b1ca6d9.jpg

Consider when you want to be there. We have been there is September and the water is warm. We were just there for New Years and the water temp was 75 degrees. Few people were snorkeling. We also had a rain storm come up (this is not the season for such things) and we went back to the ship before the deluge. It is a great place, but so weather dependent. It has a similar weather pattern to South Florida where we live.Do you have other options?

Why that is warm water to a New Englander. :p That's about the best we get all summer long. It's refreshing! :D

A picture is worth a thousand words .... Cococay was great :)

fast tender service to the island

DSCN0842.jpg

Buffet set-up

DSCN0851.jpg

shopping (of course!)

DSCN0855.jpg

BEAUTIFUL clear water

DSCN0857.jpg

loungers available in the sun & shade

DSCN0852.jpg

We're on this cruise you're considering and this will be our second time at Coco Cay. It is one of our favorite ports we've been to and purposely will be the first we go twice to together.

Such a good place to get there early and find a spot on the beach or a hammock and watch the crowds trickle in and when it gets nuts and hot we head back to the ship for lunch in the dining room. We don't like the outside BBQ as there are too many flies and bugs around it. But the whole morning spent there will be pure pleasure.

Archived