personal items on excursions

tratc1

Hi - so, what do you do with personal items on an excursion that involves water? Camera, money, etc., I found a waterproof item you wear around your waist but I waited too late to order it. My cruise in in 2 days! :D

Thanks!

If you've got transportation, then leave any items in there. Don't bring more money than you really think you'll need. Never bring ALL of your credit cards--keep one for onshore purchases--keep your shipboard account card locked in the safe on the ship. Your room key (seapass, sign and sail, etc...) are no good to anyone but you (you're picture is linked to it!) Credit cards, room key and cash are all "waterproof", if you think you must carry them with you.

I'd just leave my stuff in the bus/van/car....no one will bother it.

CB has great ideas.

There are different sizes of water wallets that you can purchase. Maybe you can have choices on the ship. My DH uses a larger one that I do.

If you are going in the water, just bring an underwater camera, not your good one.

If you are going on a boat, you could take your good camera, and when you go into the water, put it into a ziplock and place it in the bottom of your backpack/beachbag. People won't be digging around in it while you are in the water.

Have a great cruise! I am envious you are leaving this weekend and I am stuck in cold Indiana!

Archived