Royal suite piano and sound system

Anyone who has had a royal suite piano. What choice does the pre played music give you? What kind of music/melodies? Am curious to know?Is it all classical and depressing or anything cheerful in there??? Anything Jazz/swing style?

Sound system. How many cds will the sound system load. Is it a multi cd player os single CD

Where are the speakers located?

The TV in the bedroom, is it linked to the DVD and is it also flat screen same as the pop up one in the lounge?

Many thanks:)

Anyone who has had a royal suite piano. What choice does the pre played music give you? What kind of music/melodies? Am curious to know?Is it all classical and depressing or anything cheerful in there??? Anything Jazz/swing style?

Sound system. How many cds will the sound system load. Is it a multi cd player os single CD

The TV in the bedroom, is it linked to the DVD and is it also flat screen same as the pop up one in the lounge?

If you'd care to pay my way I'll play the piano for you with any type of music that you would like to listen to!:)

If you'd care to pay my way I'll play the piano for you with any type of music that you would like to listen to!:)

Cant do that I am afraid, but if you on our cruise, will feed you free drinks whilst you play:D (and can put up with us lot singing:rolleyes:)

I am dreading when my MIL visits us no doubt she and DH will bang away at chopsticks:eek:

We all love music, come from a very musical family but only MIL plays piano not great as she was the drummer in the family band but she can play a little My BIL is the pianist but not with us (just as well he likes a few vodkas!) If we had the whole team, boy, would it be fun!

I so wish I could play... biggest regret I never learned:rolleyes:

Lushpuppy --

We're leaving Tuesday on the Rhapsody. If you want (and I remember), I"ll let you know on our return the selection of pre-played music (not sure if all ships are the same).. We'll be back on 28th Jan.

What ship????

Rick

Have enjoyed RS on Enchantment (prior to her "stretch")...Variety of tunes for play back then...We particularly enjoyed the Scott Joplin tunes (i.e. "The Entertainer"...featured in "The Sting" movie.)

It was quite a few years ago, and I don't recall all of the tunes that piano played...But it certainly entertained us, as well as the guests we invited over. Everyone seemed to find some song they enjoyed! The playlist ranged from classical to contemporary (back then)!

I suppose it depends on your particular Ship, but I would think the playlist on most of RCCL's pianos are as diverse as the one we enjoyed so much on Enchantment.

Have fun!

Oh thank you all! Its the explorer. Spikey - what was the sound system like? Can we hear the music from the balcony? Is the suite quite sound proof? No complaints from neighbours? I do get concerned the piano might annoy neighbouring cabins? We are music mad and our home is filled with music all day long! So good to know so many others have experienced this suite I seldom read any reports on it. I cant wait!

Lushpuppy --

We're leaving Tuesday on the Rhapsody. If you want (and I remember), I"ll let you know on our return the selection of pre-played music (not sure if all ships are the same).. We'll be back on 28th Jan.

Thank you - we will have left by the time you get back so you have a totally wonderful cruise and enjoy your suite!

What ship????

Rick

Rick, I really think this forum should have a "Dear Rick and Suzanne" column problem page:D You two have the answer to everything:D:D

Explorer, as below.

Thanks!

Rick, I really think this forum should have a "Dear Rick and Suzanne" column problem page:D You two have the answer to everything:D:D

Explorer, as below.

Thanks!

Thanks.............but I don't have an answer for you on that question.:) My DW could answer it.........but she is presently on the Mariner of the Seas........doing the historic 46 night around the Horn of South America. And the internet system onboard has been malfunctioning......hence we have heard very little from anyone onboard.:o

So was with firends last year in the RS of the Explorer.

Rick

Thanks.............but I don't have an answer for you on that question.:) My DW could answer it.........but she is presently on the Mariner of the Seas........doing the historic 46 night around the Horn of South America. And the internet system onboard has been malfunctioning......hence we have heard very little from anyone onboard.:o

So was with firends last year in the RS of the Explorer.

Rick

Wow! Lucky lady!

Lushpuppy, the piano is a great feature, but the two times we were in this room on the Explorer it was somewhat of a disappointment. The first time (05) the piano worked, but there might have been two or three piano disks that weren't very good and the second time (06) we brought our own disks and the piano didn't work at all. I would suggest emailing with the concierge quite a few weeks ahead of time to ensure the piano is in working condition and maybe even shopping ahead of time for some piano disks to bring with you. I don't remember the model of the unit attached to the piano, but the piano is a Wurlitzer and I seem to recall it taking floppy disks and CDs.

IMG_2489.jpg

As for the sound system, it is separate in the bedroom and the living area. The living area has the flat panel that pops up with a Sony sound system and Bose speakers with a CD player (I can't recall if it is single or mutliple) and DVD player, and the bedroom has a CRT that pops up with the same sound/video setup. If you bring an iPod and RCA cables you should be able to directly tap into the system. The sound is pretty good and if you leave the balcony doors open or cracked you can hear both the piano and the sound system. My partner and I are very into music as well and we always bring two Airport Express units from Apple that we hook into the systems of the bedroom and living room and wirelessly control the music to both rooms from iTunes on our laptops. Kinda cool :)

IMG_2492.jpg

As far as sound proof, we stay up pretty late and like the music pretty loud, so we might have gotten a noise complaint or two over the years. But you are on vacation, have fun and enjoy the room! :)

What sailing are you on? We are going on the 1st of Feb. Are you all the ones who took the room from us?! :D

PS: The Freedom class ships have an amazing piano that comes stocked with music and a touch screen remote/navigation system. Highly recommended if you get the chance!!

RSPianoLiberty.jpg

Know a LOT about these type of pianos from my time on the Grandeur

The player system is from a company called Pianodisc - this might be the Pianodisc 128 if it takes floppies. If it's working, you can play any midi piano files (you can download them from all over the internet), but it helps to have the pianodisc formatted music to hear the dynamics and volume changes. The one's made by pianodisc also have orchestration that plays through the speakers if the piano is hooked up to a sound system.

Agree with asking ahead of time to make sure the piano is working

The Grandeur just got updated to the 228 system that has about 25 hours of all sorts of preloaded music, and also takes CD's.

and - if it's not working when you're there, you 'can' express your disappointment and ask if they could provide a live musician if you have an event or gathering :D

Wow fantastis info everyone thankyou so much! Great pics too spikey! Will take advice and email ahead and also have a look at piano disc thank you! Rick when your friends were on last year was the auto piano working then? Many many thanks!

Know a LOT about these type of pianos from my time on the Grandeur

The player system is from a company called Pianodisc - this might be the Pianodisc 128 if it takes floppies. If it's working, you can play any midi piano files (you can download them from all over the internet), but it helps to have the pianodisc formatted music to hear the dynamics and volume changes. The one's made by pianodisc also have orchestration that plays through the speakers if the piano is hooked up to a sound system.

Agree with asking ahead of time to make sure the piano is working

The Grandeur just got updated to the 228 system that has about 25 hours of all sorts of preloaded music, and also takes CD's.

and - if it's not working when you're there, you 'can' express your disappointment and ask if they could provide a live musician if you have an event or gathering :D

sf2 - I had a try but piano disc all gobdelygook to me! So if i download files and save them to a regular cd will they play on the piano? Maybe bit too complicated for this dizzy blonde! :)

Lushpuppy, the player piano module might be a Yamaha unit. I seem to recall that being the case and I zoomed in on some of the pictures and that looks like the brand (of course my eyes could be playing tricks on me) :)

Maybe send the concierge another email and see if he can get you an actual model number so that you can look it up on the Internet and see what music formats it will take.

Lushpuppy, the player piano module might be a Yamaha unit. I seem to recall that being the case and I zoomed in on some of the pictures and that looks like the brand (of course my eyes could be playing tricks on me) :)

Maybe send the concierge another email and see if he can get you an actual model number so that you can look it up on the Internet and see what music formats it will take.

Thanks Spikey, but all getting a bit too tech for me:rolleyes: As long as it plays then we will go with what they got.If it were simple, yes, I would download some stuff but..mmm...getting a bit iffy for me :o I am sure the novelty will wear off pretty quickly and the sound sytem is far more likely to take serious abuse:D I am just so pleased now that its working!

I completely understand! We just recently got off the Jewel (which had a similar piano setup) and I tried my best to find music and download, etc...it all got very frustrating and I gave up. The best disk they had was Christmas music which we played on the last day of the cruise (day after Thanksgiving)! Ha. ;) Either way, you will enjoy the room and the piano I am sure!!

Thanks Spikey, but all getting a bit too tech for me:rolleyes: As long as it plays then we will go with what they got.If it were simple, yes, I would download some stuff but..mmm...getting a bit iffy for me :o I am sure the novelty will wear off pretty quickly and the sound sytem is far more likely to take serious abuse:D I am just so pleased now that its working!

It still seems to me that your easiest option is to take me along with you.

Archived