Royal suite piano and sound system

This is what I would like to know. We have the RS on the Adventure and I know that on the Freedom the OS did not have this option. Anyone been able to do this in a RS?

I am not sure about the Adventure, but since it is one of the original 3 Voyager class ships (before they modified the RS), I would assume it to be the same as the RS on the Explorer. The GS, OS and RS on the Explorer have the Sony Receiver and other components. You should be able to plug directly into the front of the receiver. However, we have come across systems without RCA connections in the front so we have had to get more creative by either plugging into the back (which can be difficult if the stereo is screwed down) or using one of the Line inputs from the CD/DVD players or VCR. Keep in mind when you do this that you have to manually select the audio source on the receiver because you are using an option that is not pre-programmed on the touch screen remote. I probably just made this sound more difficult than it is. :D

Regarding the Freedom class… we had an RS on the Liberty and I can only assume it to be the same on the Freedom for the GS, OS and RS. The technology used did not require a traditional receiver and used a more integrated amp to operate the system. In this case, we were able to plug the iPod RCA cables into the DVD input. It just meant that we had to have the TV on (without picture or volume) when listening to the iPod and have selected DVD for the audio source. And if we wanted to watch a DVD, we had to swap the cables. Again, very simple and I’m probably making it sound more difficult than it is. It just took a matter of seconds.

We do a fair amount of travel both with Royal Caribbean and a variety of other hotels and we typically try get rooms that have some sort of stereo system since we love our music… and we have always been able to figure out a way to override the cruise line/hotel system. My suggestion is to go to Radio Shack,and stock up on a few basic cables that you keep in your suitcase… it’s good to have RCA, headphone (large and small jacks) and digital inputs available from your iPod so that you have several options to make it all work smoothly.

Sorry for a lengthy response, but I hope this helps! icon7.gif

I am not sure about the Adventure, but since it is one of the original 3 Voyager class ships (before they modified the RS), I would assume it to be the same as the RS on the Explorer. The GS, OS and RS on the Explorer have the Sony Receiver and other components. You should be able to plug directly into the front of the receiver. However, we have come across systems without RCA connections in the front so we have had to get more creative by either plugging into the back (which can be difficult if the stereo is screwed down) or using one of the Line inputs from the CD/DVD players or VCR. Keep in mind when you do this that you have to manually select the audio source on the receiver because you are using an option that is not pre-programmed on the touch screen remote. I probably just made this sound more difficult than it is. :D

Regarding the Freedom class… we had an RS on the Liberty and I can only assume it to be the same on the Freedom for the GS, OS and RS. The technology used did not require a traditional receiver and used a more integrated amp to operate the system. In this case, we were able to plug the iPod RCA cables into the DVD input. It just meant that we had to have the TV on (without picture or volume) when listening to the iPod and have selected DVD for the audio source. And if we wanted to watch a DVD, we had to swap the cables. Again, very simple and I’m probably making it sound more difficult than it is. It just took a matter of seconds.

We do a fair amount of travel both with Royal Caribbean and a variety of other hotels and we typically try get rooms that have some sort of stereo system since we love our music… and we have always been able to figure out a way to override the cruise line/hotel system. My suggestion is to go to Radio Shack,and stock up on a few basic cables that you keep in your suitcase… it’s good to have RCA, headphone (large and small jacks) and digital inputs available from your iPod so that you have several options to make it all work smoothly.

Sorry for a lengthy response, but I hope this helps! icon7.gif

Thanks.

OK spikeya, now I'm really annoyed. I've been fishing for a free ticket since this thread started!:mad::D

HA! And you know the biggest irony here..think me and Spikey are on the SAME cruise:D

Ok, Spikey, we got two stowaways:rolleyes:

HA! And you know the biggest irony here..think me and Spikey are on the SAME cruise:D

Ok, Spikey, we got two stowaways:rolleyes:

It's OK Ocean Boy, you can still come, everyone appreciates a good piano player!! :)

Lushpuppy, you are on the same cruise - awesome! We are weeks away from sailing!

It's OK Ocean Boy, you can still come, everyone appreciates a good piano player!! :)

Lushpuppy, you are on the same cruise - awesome! We are weeks away from sailing!

YUP!:) Guess who stole "your" room:rolleyes: Am I sorry..NOT A BIT:D:D

Have fun!!

Archived